Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
@Beefer , not sure if I missed it... How did you do the debadging? I assume emblems are glued on and you used a heat gun and some thread maybe?
Congrats on the new ride, looks sweet! Love your description of how 'scary' fast it is and maybe not needing a piggyback! (y)
I can only live vicariously through you since CA has no cars yet... :rolleyes::unsure:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Beefer , not sure if I missed it... How did you do the debadging? I assume emblems are glued on and you used a heat gun and some thread maybe?
Congrats on the new ride, looks sweet! Love your description of how 'scary' fast it is and maybe not needing a piggyback! (y)
I can only live vicariously through you since CA has no cars yet... :rolleyes::unsure:
Blow dryer and an expired Chick-f-La gift card...LOL. Floss was hurting my delicate girly fingers.

Once badges were off...blow dryer again to really soften up the glue. Don’t use your fingernails. Roll the glue off...just like a booger (don’t deny you’ve gone in for a pick).

Finish up with dish soap and water.

cars2see

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Blow dryer and an expired Chick-f-La gift card...LOL. Floss was hurting my delicate girly fingers.

Once badges were off...blow dryer again to really soften up the glue. Don’t use your fingernails. Roll the glue off...just like a booger (don’t deny you’ve gone in for a pick).

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Sounds easy enough, thanks! Gotta love the self deprecating humor!!:hillarious:
I work from home too makin a living on the keyboard; I can relate...:thumbsup:

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got a question for you Beef. Apparently the Korean 2018 G70s had an omission of a feature that was touted in the user manual. Basically shown in this video at 3:20

The user manual stated that if you turn off the ignition with the windows open, then locking the doors and then long pressing the lock button will roll up all the windows. They fixed this apparently in the 2019 G70 models in Korea. Do you know if your version is able to do this, as one of the rare owners of a US-spec G70?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Got a question for you Beef. Apparently the Korean 2018 G70s had an omission of a feature that was touted in the user manual. Basically shown in this video at 3:20

The user manual stated that if you turn off the ignition with the windows open, then locking the doors and then long pressing the lock button will roll up all the windows. They fixed this apparently in the 2019 G70 models in Korea. Do you know if your version is able to do this, as one of the rare owners of a US-spec G70?
No go...bummer :(

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guess I'll live with that, at least the dash beeps and tells you they are open before you leave the car. It's a nice party trick that would impress friends and family if they leave the window open, and you go "I got this" and walk away with the windows rolling up behind you. 😎

Obviously I thought this thing through in great detail.

Thanks for trying!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Guess I'll live with that, at least the dash beeps and tells you they are open before you leave the car. It's a nice party trick that would impress friends and family if they leave the window open, and you go "I got this" and walk away with the windows rolling up behind you. 😎

Obviously I thought this thing through in great detail.

Thanks for trying!
I’m sure this is easily updated via software.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m sure this is easily updated via software.
You give Genesis too much credit, all I want for them is to roll out nationally at a faster pace 😭.

I don't think the 2018 G70s in Korea have updated this after being in the market for over a year, but most likely the only person who knows or cares about it is the one who recorded the video above.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's probably easily updated, but it seems most car manufacturers would rather you upgrade than provide an update.

Abbas

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hey Beefer,
hope you are still enjoying the car very much. I have 2 questions if you would kindly respond:
1- does your car have a spare tire and jack? if so, is it a donut or full? what size is the donut/spare? 18 inch or 19inch?

2-how is android auto and apple car play? have you tried them? what apps have you used and whether you had any issues?

Thanks very much in advance

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey Beefer,
hope you are still enjoying the car very much. I have 2 questions if you would kindly respond:
1- does your car have a spare tire and jack? if so, is it a donut or full? what size is the donut/spare? 18 inch or 19inch?

2-how is android auto and apple car play? have you tried them? what apps have you used and whether you had any issues?

Thanks very much in advance
The spare is full size spare...18”. Not one of those tiny donut things.

I have only used the native MM system...works just fine. Navy is really nice. Zero interest in plugging my phone in every time I get in it. I just throw my phone on the wireless charger and go !! :)