The Beef's G70

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What's your mileage at now?
Mine's almost a month old and I have about 3,400km on her!
Delivered on November 2nd.

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL...I’m at 3 weeks and 1 day...520 miles (836 km).
SOB....not even broken in yet!
How's the fuel mileage?
You're probably just on your 2nd or 3rd tank of gas?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
SOB....not even broken in yet!
How's the fuel mileage?
You're probably just on your 2nd or 3rd tank of gas?
On my 2nd tank still...but only about an 1/8th left.

I was gone most of last week for Thanksgiving and weather has sucked to go out for spirited fun rides. But I generally do have low miles.

As for conserving fuel...I’m getting better. Driving in comfort more now...the crazy initial speed factor is leveling out ;)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On my 2nd tank still...but only about an 1/8th left.

I was gone most of last week for Thanksgiving and weather has sucked to go out for spirited fun rides. But I generally do have low miles.

As for conserving fuel...I’m getting better. Driving in comfort more now...the crazy initial speed factor is leveling out ;)
CD673CCD-E89E-4723-B2CB-A2CEEFA998DE.jpeg
My last full tank. I drove another 154km on it for a total of approximately 740km before refill.
3 days on Smart and 2 days on Eco.
Was able to squeeze in 66.519 liters into the tank upon refill.
I wish there was a Trip A and B and A would reset after each refill to keep track of the distance between refills.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hahahaha. I miss my Tim Hortons coffee :(
Beefer, the best coffee I’ve tasted in our neck of the woods is at First Watch, next to Best Buy. The best donuts and apple fritters are at the Sweet Shop Café in Powhatan.

Enjoy the new wheels. Maybe I’ll “run into you” at Wegman’s, You Fit, or Crab Louie’s. Look for a dark gray ‘19 Santa Fe, or my ‘12 Genesis with PMC plates.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
View attachment 16908
My last full tank. I drove another 154km on it for a total of approximately 740km before refill.
I wish there was a Trip A and B and A would reset after each refill to keep track of the distance between refills.
That's really good, must be a bunch of highway? I won't see that around Victoria with the v6 but good to hear smart and eco do the job when for I head to the interior or up to Comox.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's really good, must be a bunch of highway? I won't see that around Victoria with the v6 but good to hear smart and eco do the job when for I head to the interior or up to Comox.
Keep in mind mine is the 2.0T AWD.
It's not 400 series highways. It is country roads. So single lane highways that top out at 80kmh and a few small towns I pass through that I have to slow down to 50kmh. I normally set cruise to 105-110kmh and pass people at about 130-140kmh. Very little traffic going to work and slightly more coming home.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Keep in mind mine is the 2.0T AWD.
It's not 400 series highways. It is country roads. So single lane highways that top out at 80kmh and a few small towns I pass through that I have to slow down to 50kmh. I normally set cruise to 105-110kmh and pass people at about 130-140kmh. Very little traffic going to work and slightly more coming home.
Oh for sure, I'm just glad the programming in those modes does put in some work to drop the mileage. Honestly if it's 10 L/100 for the 3.3 on the highway driving more or less 80-100 most of the way up island aside from the lights and slowdowns in Duncan and Nanaimo I'd be pretty please. I basically expect it to match or slightly beat my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T given the ratings and that is just fine.

Impressive in your case as well since your motor is still new, bit more time on it and it'll settle in even better I imagine.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh for sure, I'm just glad the programming in those modes does put in some work to drop the mileage. Honestly if it's 10 L/100 for the 3.3 on the highway driving more or less 80-100 most of the way up island aside from the lights and slowdowns in Duncan and Nanaimo I'd be pretty please. I basically expect it to match or slightly beat my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T given the ratings and that is just fine.

Impressive in your case as well since your motor is still new, bit more time on it and it'll settle in even better I imagine.
Yeah I couldn't get lower than 9.2L/100 the first week. After fill-up on Wednesday night, I did 7.9 on 150km. Didn't drive it yesterday or today.
I bet the the 3.3T can do at least 9.0L/100km.
My 3.7 TL could do 9.0 if I only used it for work. If I drove in town, it would tank immediately.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wrong thread for this :)

AnyVare

Hasn't posted much yet...
VA
View attachment 16908
Do you typically drive in "ECO" mode?

ravnwood

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It is a full size non-matcching spare...which equates to the size of the normal size tire on the car...18". My car has the optional 19" rim.

So...yeah...you brought it up for no reason :) It is a full SPARE. It is not a compact donut on a 15" rim...it is not a regular donut on a 17" rim...it is not a run flat.

Kumho T135/80R18...actually an excellent rated tire...

View attachment 16842
Thanks for the info! Whatever you want to call it, I gotta pick up something like that. Hate the thought of riding around with a can of fix-a-flat as the only other option to being towed.

Though I did buy a plug kit and air compressor to stick in the trunk.

Given that size tire and rim, I'm wondering if this BMW kit would work? It comes with the same size Pirelli tire and rim. It would depend on the bolt pattern and offset, I suppose.

BMW F25 X3 F26 X4 Emergency Spare Tire Kit B36000199

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.