Def not silly. I've been wondering where the physical pause button was and didn't know the mute button works as a pause button too. I've gotta check that out.I know it's silly...I just never realized pushing in the volume control pauses or mutes the sound depending on the content . I ways used a verbal command. Out of habit.
No it doesn't. What you have on is the Smart Vent. When you open the sunroof it switches to non-circulated air to keep the cabin pressure more consistent. So what you are hearing is the circulation plenum and fans turning off - sounds like the blower has slowed.
I just came over from a Q60 with an Ecutek tune. I had the same issue with feeling like you were riding on the seat in the Q at first. I switched over to DWS06s and that went away. I agree with every other thing you said. Especially the smooth power of the G. The Q seemed to have more lag and was not nearly as smooth, especially in like 3-4 gear with light acceleration. Hated that. The power when you hit it though was rocket-like.Hello everyone!
I just got my G70 3.3T Prestige Mallorca Blue, and I am happy to be posting here!
This car is amazing.
I am coming from a 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400. Nearly all the things I am going to write is in comparison to that car.
1. I love how I feel like I am sitting in a seat in the G70 rather than on the seat in the Infiniti. The G70 seats are much nicer and more comfortable!
2. I love how when I change the AC mode, it does not cycle back to outside air circulation. In the Infiniti, if I ever chanaged AC modes, and I was in recirculate air, it always triggered the change to outside air circulation, which means I always have to pres an extra button. Genesis fixed that problem.
3. I love that the thermostat and fan speeds are dials. Within a 24 hour period (of owning this car), I naturally moved my hand forward and raised the temperature and lowered the fan speed without looking, which I could never do with the Infiniti.
4. I really love how the G70 seems to have a design philosophy--everything is connected correctly, from the engine to the suspension to the steering. My Q50 RS400 was extremely fast, but it was a rough ride with awkward steering. The G70 has it figured out.
5. The amenities and features on the G70 far exceed the Infiniti. Even in 2016, the Q50 RS400 did not come fully loaded like the G70.
There are a bunch more things I like, such as the sound of the motor, the instant power, the smooth ride, the seat ventilator, the app, etc. I think I made the right choice switching brands.
Ah...I see!No it doesn't. What you have on is the Smart Vent. When you open the sunroof it switches to non-circulated air to keep the cabin pressure more consistent. So what you are hearing is the circulation plenum and fans turning off - sounds like the blower has slowed.
You can turn off the Smart Vent if you want to.
Nope.I think that's in every car.
Well I suppose I'm wrong. Does it on all our cars so I figured it must be all of emNope.
I had many cars over the years. My company Jeep doesn’t do it if you engage the A/C sometimes The cars idle will go up but nothing directly tied with the fan speed, it’s very distinctive one speed on mid fan next speed up higher idle.
Several months, 6 states, 5200 miles and saw the first G70 outside of a dealership today in my hometown. We were passing going opposite ways but got a friendly wave! If the other guy in Castle Rock is on here I'd love to meet up! Founding members of the Castle Rock G70 club, LOL