US dealers who actually have the G70 available for sale.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Nope. They are different options but I would like to know the difference between both?
Genesis G70 - The Latest Safety Technology | Genesis Middle East
Low Beam Assist-dynamic (LBA-D)
Headlamps steer automatically to the left or the right together with the steering wheel, improving visibility and reducing blind spots while driving at night.
High Beam Assist (HBA)
Sensor monitors headlamps of oncoming (or tail lamps of preceding) vehicles and brightness of surroundings to switch between high beam and low beam automatically, promoting the safety of the driver as well as oncoming (or preceding) vehicles while driving at night.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Headlamps steer automatically to the left or the right together with the steering wheel, improving visibility and reducing blind spots while driving at night.
High Beam Assist (HBA)
Sensor monitors headlamps of oncoming (or tail lamps of preceding) vehicles and brightness of surroundings to switch between high beam and low beam automatically, promoting the safety of the driver as well as oncoming (or preceding) vehicles while driving at night.
Thanks @EdP

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It has both.
So what does low beam assist mean?
High Beam Assist (HBA)
It's called adaptive headlights here and we have this!

Bald Eagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
San Francisco Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Back to the topic of who does & who does not have cars to sell:

"BMW will have the configurator up this month, and you can order a car that will be built starting in January". - This is according to "my" BMW salesman, (actually the local sales manager). I have always looked at the G70 as an alternative to the new BMW 3 Series, the G20. and I have thought that I would be fine paying $3-5K more for the Bimmer, but that a difference of more than 5K would make the Genesis the better value. But if the Genesis isn't even available??????

FWIW, I think that $3-5K difference will come back in resale, and the return percentage may well be even better.
Will the BMW be sold as a 2019 MY or 2020?

rapidus

Registered Member

"BMW will have the configurator up this month, and you can order a car that will be built starting in January". - This is according to "my" BMW salesman, (actually the local sales manager). I have always looked at the G70 as an alternative to the new BMW 3 Series, the G20. and I have thought that I would be fine paying $3-5K more for the Bimmer, but that a difference of more than 5K would make the Genesis the better value. But if the Genesis isn't even available??????

FWIW, I think that $3-5K difference will come back in resale, and the return percentage may well be even better.
I’m feeling the same way. I had already written the 3 series off for a few reasons, but that was when I was getting the G70 in July. Now it’s just a race to see what actually ends up on a lot that I can take immediate delivery of.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

An equivalently equipping BMW will be close to $20k more. Get real people.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Richmond, VA update.

FINALLY have a dealer that has their VA Franchise License and a Genesis Dealer Code. They should be ready for inventory immediately. In theory.

It is Genesis of North Richmond...which is the same owner as West Broad Hyundai. From what I am hearing...the old Maserati/Alfa Romeo building will be Genesis.

Still waiting for the South Side dealership (Pearson) to get their crap together.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Not necessarily. We have compared #'s on used BMW 5 series compared to used Genesis. A equally equipped 5 series was about $10k more than a 2015 Genesis, but are only bringing $2-3k more on the used market than a Genesis. 3 series might be different though. Imagine there is more demand for a 3 series than a 5 series.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think your $20K is high, but we'll all know more when the G20 configurator finally comes out.

GarnetTy, thank you for your input.
You have to take every little thing into consideration. New BMW will not be below MSRP. Extra for nice paint...3 year scheduled maintenance...every single option. The S4 Prestige was right at $20k more. The BMW will be more than $20k...willing to put money on it.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You have to take every little thing into consideration. New BMW will not be below MSRP. Extra for nice paint...3 year scheduled maintenance...every single option. The S4 Prestige was right at $20k more. The BMW will be more than $20k...willing to put money on it.
Ok...so I took a 2018 340ix and configured it the best I could to a G70 Sport AWD. Came to $65k.

Not sure what I was thinking. Perhaps I got confused between the S4 Prestige...and probably an M3 (which is a ton more).

Oh well...$12.5k more. Slower car though ;) But...who knows how much more the 2019 car will be.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!