• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the exact opposite problem. There are nothing but AWD around me in SW Ohio. They really think that just because it snows here sometimes, that we all want to pay $2k extra for a feature that we don't want??
Would you buy an Audi without Quattro?
AWD isn't just about winter driving. You can exit corners faster as well have consistent launches.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have something that's been bugging me about the seats in my G70 sport. There is a rectangular cutout in the upper portion of the seat below the headrest that bothers my upper back from time to time as it's recessed with hard trim on the edges. It looks kind of cool, but the massive trade off in comfort is totally not worth a tiny looks improvement.

Staple

Hasn't posted much yet...
Southwest, OH
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Would you buy an Audi without Quattro?
AWD isn't just about winter driving. You can exit corners faster as well have consistent launches.
Enthusiasts know and understand that, but do you think that was their plan vs "Oh, they get snow and like to plow through it on the highways!" :)

Staple

Hasn't posted much yet...
Southwest, OH
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I have something that's been bugging me about the seats in my G70 sport. There is a rectangular cutout in the upper portion of the seat below the headrest that bothers my upper back from time to time as it's recessed with hard trim on the edges. It looks kind of cool, but the massive trade off in comfort is totally not worth a tiny looks improvement.
One of the first things I thought of when I saw the seats. Personal question time... how tall are you? Concerned that I’d feel the same discomfort on longer trips. Thanks!

-Staple

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One of the first things I thought of when I saw the seats. Personal question time... how tall are you? Concerned that I’d feel the same discomfort on longer trips. Thanks!

-Staple
I'm actually on the shorter side at 5'8". I have pretty short legs though and a longer torso, so that likely factors in to the discomfort I feel occasionally. I find that I occasionally don't sit perfectly straight though and my torso is slightly angled, and that likely doesn't help either.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't think my upper back/lower neck actually even touches that part. Is you seat leaned all the way back?

EdsNotHere

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m 6’4” and I only make contact with it if I lean back really hard. Otherwise I never touch it.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I find that my shoulder blade touches from time to time depending on how I'm positioned. It could certainly boil down to weird seating position from the sounds of it.

sstphoenix

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
- homelink garage door opener only works when the engine is running REALLY???
- it should have an option to unlock either BOTH front doors or all doors with 1 click of the handle button.
- I personally prefer the sensors to unlock doors vs the button
- no ambient lighting
- GPS needs some work to make it easier to use while driving. the voice recognition is HORRIBLE
- increase gas tank by 10L

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
- homelink garage door opener only works when the engine is running REALLY???
Do you want it to work at any time at the push of a button? I certainly don't. If you car is outside for any reason that would be like just leaving the garage door opener outside for anyone passing by.

There is a guy here that some months back posted how he had his car stolen because a thief got into the garage from his daughter's car parked outside. From the garage they got into the house and got his car keys.

You may not like it, but the reason is very sensible for safety.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
- it should have an option to unlock either BOTH front doors or all doors with 1 click of the handle button.
- no ambient lighting
- GPS needs some work to make it easier to use while driving. the voice recognition is HORRIBLE
If you have a passenger walk to their side and hit the button. It's polite if it's a lady with you anyway ;)

There is ambient lighting, just only on in the footwells when you are in park. In drive you have the overhead...you want the footwells lit all the time?

I think the voice recognition is one of the best I have ever had in a car. I have a Texas accent too...

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Actually if you just lock your car when it’s outside then this is not a problem. Since you never lock your car I can see why you don’t want it. I don’t subscribe to that philosophy.
True, but a broken window isn't out of the question either (or hacking the system, I suppose). Bugs me too, but more often than not, I don't need to use the garage opener when my car isn't on anyways

@sstphoenix You can unlock all with 1 button press on the door handles. Check your settings in the screen between the RPM tach and speedometer