Will Genesis ever get it’s own brick and motor?

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Also depends on the individual dealership.

There are some (new) Hyundai dealerships which are very nice (almost comparable to a lux brand) and even before the split off of the Genesis brand, there were a few Hyundai dealerships that went thru the trouble/expense of building out a separate./upscale customer lounge for Genesis/Equus owners.

Even w/ the split off, there will be Genesis dealerships that will spend more towards their facilities and have a higher level of service than others (just like for the other lux brands which can vary depending on dealership).

GaryPSU

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does anyone know if Genesis is ever going to build its own dealerships? I took my recently purchased Genesis 3.8 AWD sedan to the local Hyundai Dealership in the Bay Area for service and felt like I dressed up in a tuxedo to go eat at McDonalds!! I had to wipe down my Genesis afterwards because it was covered in dust and had fingerprints all over the driver’s door and hood. I waited for my car in a 70’s built building with wood paneled walls, cheap tiled floors, and worn leather couches. The bathrooms looked like they belonged in a 60’s filling station! Nasty!

Hyundai needs to build its own shops to support and service their Genesis luxury line to compete with her competitors like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and Jaguar. I was at a nearby Jaguar dealership recently and that place was beautiful and spacious with all the amenities a waiting customer could ever want. Free expresso and snacks while one could watch their luxury car being serviced from a swanky lounge through a long bay window. And what a clean and organized maintenance bay. Simply first class!

Hyundai USA needs to step up and support its brand with new modern shops befitting it’s luxury cars!! How does Hyundai expect to compete with the European luxury brand cars if they force its Genesis owners to endure a sub par luxury service at their local (and very dated) Hyundai dealerships?

Any thoughts?
Genesis of Cherry Hill, NJ has a very nice showroom (combined with Hyundai), with a separate waiting room with a key code for Genesis customers (a bit tacky if you ask me). They also have purchased a closed Oldsmobile building and lot about a half mile away. The Genesis sign is already up, but the move won’t happen for a while. I’m sure that the move will occur before the complimentary valet service expires, so I should never have to visit the Hyundai dealership.

EXCADDY

Registered Member
Westfield Indiana
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I guess it must not be everywhere but for my 2019 G80 they come to my house, drop off a loaner and take my car to the dealer for service. When it's done, they bring it back. The Hyundai and Genesis showrooms are on opposite ends of the same building with service in the middle. I believe they'll have a separate building sometime in the future but I won't be going there if I don't have to.

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
California
Does anyone know if Genesis is ever going to build its own dealerships? I took my recently purchased Genesis 3.8 AWD sedan to the local Hyundai Dealership in the Bay Area for service and felt like I dressed up in a tuxedo to go eat at McDonalds!! I had to wipe down my Genesis afterwards because it was covered in dust and had fingerprints all over the driver’s door and hood. I waited for my car in a 70’s built building with wood paneled walls, cheap tiled floors, and worn leather couches. The bathrooms looked like they belonged in a 60’s filling station! Nasty!

Hyundai needs to build its own shops to support and service their Genesis luxury line to compete with her competitors like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, and Jaguar. I was at a nearby Jaguar dealership recently and that place was beautiful and spacious with all the amenities a waiting customer could ever want. Free expresso and snacks while one could watch their luxury car being serviced from a swanky lounge through a long bay window. And what a clean and organized maintenance bay. Simply first class!

Hyundai USA needs to step up and support its brand with new modern shops befitting it’s luxury cars!! How does Hyundai expect to compete with the European luxury brand cars if they force its Genesis owners to endure a sub par luxury service at their local (and very dated) Hyundai dealerships?

Any thoughts?
Your 2015 Hyundai ‘Genesis’ 3.8 is considered a Hyundai, not a Genesis and normally should be serviced at the local Hyundai dealership. No matter who services the car, I’d expect a level of professionalism and thus not get my car returned, covered in dust & fingerprints. Btw: in my purchasing of a used Hyundai, I would not have the expectation of ‘free espressos and snacks’.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.