• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Will Genesis ever get it’s own brick and motor?

turnne

Registered Member
The way you dress is key to a lot of things, but NOT buying a car. If they want to earn business they'll show everyone respect. Lamborghini has actually trained their sales teams to do so, regardless of what their perception of the person is.
Not sure that it was ever implied that the way someone dressed was a "key" to anything at a car dealership

The point was just made that generally speaking people dress better at luxury car dealers ships..its just a fact

When you go in Nordstom..Neiman Marcus etc....dont you notice that people are dressed nicer than they are at Kohls?

As far as salespeople...they make generalizations based on the way people present...Everyone does

Warren

turnne

Registered Member
I absolutely agree that the touchscreen only interface would be totally useless to me mainly because of my advanced age (73) .
Whereas Using the jog dial on the center console of my 16’ Ultimate is easy least and completely stress free.
Would you not prefer to have a nice state of the art voice activation system?

Warren

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure that it was ever implied that the way someone dressed was a "key" to anything at a car dealership

The point was just made that generally speaking people dress better at luxury car dealers ships..its just a fact

When you go in Nordstom..Neiman Marcus etc....dont you notice that people are dressed nicer than they are at Kohls?

As far as salespeople...they make generalizations based on the way people present...Everyone does

Warren
This guy did

I would not even wear such stuff to dig a ditch. If you show respect by dressing better, you will receive respect.
An no, I actually don't notice that at all. The employees, sure, but not the people walking around shopping. Maybe it varies by region, but nobody in LA/OC gives a shit what you dress like unless you genuinely look like you've been on a bender for the last week

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not to rain on the what-clothes-should-people-wear-at-the-dealership parade, but back to the original thread topic. What's the latest news on construction of new standalone Genesis stores? Anything?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not to rain on the what-clothes-should-people-wear-at-the-dealership parade, but back to the original thread topic. What's the latest news on construction of new standalone Genesis stores? Anything?
I haven't heard of any progress towards stand alone dealerships or any widespread efforts to improve the joint Hyundai/Genesis dealerships. Hopefully, it's just lack of info on my part and there is progress being made. It's no secret Genesis and their dealers really need to move the needle quickly.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
trust the process, this is all normal we seen it in the 90s when lexus started out. its going to take some time its only been 12 years since Hyundai motor jumped into the premium segment and imo they have all the right pieces in place behind the scenes ,and there building pretty promising products that meets or exceeds other established premium competitors.

KANE

Registered Member
😁
I go to the dealer in sweatpants and a t shirt. Why would you get all dressed up unless you wanna flirt with the service advisor?

I agree that higher end dealers have nicer establishments but that's part of the reason they cost twice as much as the Genesis'. Genesis is more of what I'd call a "discount" luxury brand. I say that meaning it's trying it's best to have features and styling of the German brands but it often falls short and that is why the purchase price is much lower than similar competition in its' class.

Moral of the story is it's a discount luxury brand so expect a discount luxury establishment. It's a Hyundai, not a Rolls Royce. You get what you pay for.

Disclaimer: not ragging on the brand, I own a Genesis. But I stay realistic about it.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
trust the process, this is all normal we seen it in the 90s when lexus started out. its going to take some time its only been 12 years since Hyundai motor jumped into the premium segment and imo they have all the right pieces in place behind the scenes ,and there building pretty promising products that meets or exceeds other established premium competitors.
I think the big difference with the Lexus brand is they started out with their own dedicated dealerships which offered higher levels of sales and service. I believe Acura and Infiniti did the same thing. Things are different now vs. 30 years ago and this would be hard to duplicate but Genesis needs to improve the dealership experience.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
12 years is a damn long time to go through and still not be up to par. From a product perspective they have a lot of great things, but the rest of it being sub-par is where everything unravels. Consumers care about the service too. Point in case: Apple. Apple care and the level of customer service they provide is huge selling point for their products

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That’s a bit of an overstatement. There wasn’t even a car with the Genesis Motors brand until 2017. That’s 3 years ago by my count.
His words, not mine 🤷‍♂️

I'm still surprised that the push for training and better service hasn't been stronger/more effective

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
That’s a bit of an overstatement. There wasn’t even a car with the Genesis Motors brand until 2017. That’s 3 years ago by my count.
hyundai motor jumped in the premium segment in 2008 thats when "Genesis" was born and yes the Genesis brand was officially announced as an independent marque on 4 November 2015. but from my understanding that the first Genesis sedan (G80) and Equus (G90) overseas was being advertised differently and not formally under hyundai but by hyundai.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
So that's your version of history.
Here is what I have. Even in 2015 when Hyundai created the brand Genesis it was not a separate corporation and was still operating under Hyundai. I doubt it could make much progress as a luxury brand operating that way. @OMG70's premise was that they had 12 years and they were still not up to par. I assume he means service wise since there is not much argument about its quality. Just saying that is not true. What @MG8 is saying still does not make the Equus (even if he put G90 in parenthesis) part of the Genesis Corporation or its leadership. Its not a G90 and wasn't sold with the service and warranty perks of a G90.

Genesis Motor America LLC filed as a Domestic in the State of California on Monday, November 14, 2016 and is approximately four years old, according to public records filed with California Secretary of State.
ok

MG8

San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
So that's your version of history.
Here is what I have. Even in 2015 when Hyundai created the brand Genesis it was not a separate corporation and was still operating under Hyundai. I doubt it could make much progress as a luxury brand operating that way. @OMG70's premise was that they had 12 years and they were still not up to par. I assume he means service wise since there is not much argument about its quality. Just saying that is not true. What @MG8 is saying still does not make the Equus (even if he put G90 in parenthesis) part of the Genesis Corporation or its leadership. Its not a G90 and wasn't sold with the service and warranty perks of a G90.

Genesis Motor America LLC filed as a Domestic in the State of California on Monday, November 14, 2016 and is approximately four years old, according to public records filed with California Secretary of State.
the first generation Genesis and Equus did have those same perks for service an warranty.
ok thats 4 years not 3, also i was talking about overseas. your making it seem like the first gens had absolutely nothing to do with Genesis now it actually had everything to do with the brand without the success of the early Genesis we, right now would not be this far

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums