2015 Genesis Tech Package - Front turn signal bulb blown - LED Replacement?

djohnk

Hasn't posted much yet...
Oklahoma
Well I am sitting at the dealer as I write this. My turn signal bulbs have been replaced 3 times in the past 12 months. I have a 15 5.0 and the latest event in this turn signal story is that the last replacement resulted in one bulb being considerably dimmer than the other. Changing the bulb didn’t have any effect, so Hyundai suggested changing the headlight assembly, which is being done now.
This dealer has been great to me, but this is really starting to be a pain.
maybe if we keep bringing to the dealership they will do something!

Munch520

Registered Member
Midwest/SW FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I've been wondering when mine will go out...good resource here for when it goes.

I never run my lights in 'auto' for this reason though, so far it's helped to extend the lights of the signal bulbs.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
These were the DRL/Turn Signal Amber Lights... not the Headlights. Did NOT have to take out the light housing. I posted a new thread about swapping them out

Han22735

I've had the above LED's in for about a month now. I still have hyper flash issues off and on and its totally random. Works normal one day and the next every other time it hyper flashes. It will even go back and forth while sitting with the turn signal on waiting to turn. But its still better than going through bulbs every month.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
Mine so far only hyper flashed at the start of a turn signal click a few times... Havent done so in a few days though. They definitely look awesome. Much better than bright bulb/dim bulb each side. I can live with a short hyper flash here or there.

dfyffe

Altanta
I did my polarity reversal by swapping the contacts in the wire connectors, everything is good, no hyper flash, I also noticed that my DRL uses the light strip on the bottom edge of the head light, not the turn signal bulb.

arni0202

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Anybody have a suggestion/link for resistors to buy? Swapped to LED and they're hyperblinking(ZEVO 1157). Happy the bulbs work, since the resistor is easy to instal,l I may throw that in there to stop the hyperblink.
Thnx folks

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
I used these for replacement Page Not Found - Pep Boys that were mentioned earlier in the thread and hyper flashing is not an issue.
Every now and then they'll flash fast for a few seconds then go back to normal.
If you're going to go resistors I'm thinking 50ohm? I've used these in another vehicle with hyperflashing. Amazon has them.

arni0202

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I used these for replacement Page Not Found - Pep Boys that were mentioned earlier in the thread and hyper flashing is not an issue.
Every now and then they'll flash fast for a few seconds then go back to normal.
If you're going to go resistors I'm thinking 50ohm? I've used these in another vehicle with hyperflashing. Amazon has them.
Says page not found what model and brand were they? I picked up a pack of resistors on Amazon, I should be good to go. I'll report back on how it goes.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.