Alternatives to G70?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Now you just need to JB4 that sucker. Easy 40-50whp gain.
Also...with that said...I have done my research with other piggyback tunes out there. JB4 has absolutely the BEST customer service and attention. You can ping Terry and get help within the hour if needed. I would not trust my car with the other brands out there.

That is just mho...as I have done my homework :)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also...with that said...I have done my research with other piggyback tunes out there. JB4 has absolutely the BEST customer service and attention. You can ping Terry and get help within the hour if needed. I would not trust my car with the other brands out there.

That is just mho...as I have done my homework :)
Lol I email him a few times a day!
We got v9 today with some extras for the 2.0T.

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have a G70 2.0T so the 3.3t will be much more powerful.

I cannot say enough horrible things about FCA. If you car has any issues be prepared to be angry a lot. I used to get Chysler and Dodge minivans as loaner vehicles.

Here is what I wrote on the Giulia forum: https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/289-alfa-romeo-giulia-general-discussion/43996-bought-genesis-g70-ask-me-anything-1.html

So the lease is up in a few months so I have been planning on the "next" vehicle. I didn't want another Alfa as the parent company, Chrysler, pissed me off so bad...not going to cover all of my issues here.

Anyway, I had been looking at many, many cars: Audi A4, A5, Merc C, Mazda (really wanted to see the new Mazda3 hatch), Volovo S60 (new one), Infinity Q50, Lexus IS. I had been stalking the Genesis G70's online through reviews and news.

They finally got off the truck this past weekend here in Houston. Went to "just look" - still have 3 months left on the lease - and fell hard. Plus, the dealer basically paid off the lease (so now I have 2 cars
).

I bought a G70 2.0T Prestige with AWD in Black and the Grey Interior.

First impressions:

1. The car isn't as hard charging as the Giulia. It will get down and move but not in that "oh this car is fast" type of way.
  2. Driving is much more "Asian" than Italian or even German. Meaning that the steering is sharp/precise but heavy - feels like a Mazda or an IS Lexus. Brakes are not as twitchy at low speeds and the pedal feel is pretty heavy but easy to modulate. Suspension is firm but not harsh - over big bumps she stays planted and flat but doesn't kill your tail bone.
  3. The car was designed for a shorter person. I'm 6'1" and in my boots hard to get fully comfy. The bottom cushion could use a touch more padding and be a bit longer. Plus, the front of the bottom cushion doesn't tilt up far enough for me. I drive in a pretty aggressive (knees up) type of posture and there is a gap between my thighs and the bottom cushion. I still think it'll be comfy on an all day drive, however.
  4. If you are a tech guy/gal this car is great. Has all the toys!
    1. Hello AC seats!
    2. Hello starting the car from my phone. I walked to the car in the 30 degF garage this morning and the seat and wheel and car was already warm.
    3. Hello HUD
    4. Hello 360 camera
    5. Hello Qi charging
    6. Hello Android Auto and CarPlay
    7. Hello auto-opening trunk
    8. Hello traffic on the navi
  5. The backup camera/360 camera fills up the touchscreen!
  6. The auto start/stop stays off in Sport Mode automatically!!!!!!!!! (turns out to not be true)
    1. Seems like it always starts in Comfort mode though (so by default the AutoS/S is on) - maybe you can change this but I haven't figured out how yet.
    2. There is a custom setting for the car tuning
  7. The limo-style front-passenger seat is neat but silly in the US and especially in a sports sedan
  8. For a while at least, I'm the only person in a 10 mile radius to own one
  9. The interior is very nice but a bit "over the top". There are like 3 colors of thread between the seats and doors. Multiple textures of metal inlay. Multiple plastics. Multiple piping choices on the seats. The leather isn't as nice feeling as the Alfa (even though it's a Nappa leather)
  10. The USB is not voice controlled, I loved this on the Alfa "Play Megadeth" then boom
  11. The voice control works a lot better in the G70
  12. The Alfa Lusso package is just beautiful inside and out. The G70 is nice but nowhere in the same league
    1. The light interior of the G70 still came with BLACK CARPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's all I have right now...
Thank you for taking the time to put this together, very helpful!!!!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For a country that can build with marble and stone that lasts for centuries you'd think they could get the nuts and bolts to fit together as well.
I think JC sad it once that you let the Italians design but the Germans build!
He was referring to the Lamborghini!

jailer

Been here awhile...
I think JC sad it once that you let the Italians design but the Germans build!
He was referring to the Lamborghini!
Put that Lambo in a Japanese factory of your choice and it will be just that much tighter than the Germans.. any day. Italian OR German design. . let Japan handle the putting together and especially the electronic systems and modules.. and you have the ultimate car IMO.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
The new BMW Supra sounds exciting! The press reviews love it this far with the only negative feedback being a few fake vents, not great visibility, and a light steering wheel. Overall people love the power train, tranny, and suspension.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The new BMW Supra sounds exciting! The press reviews love it this far with the only negative feedback being a few fake vents, not great visibility, and a light steering wheel. Overall people love the power train, tranny, and suspension.
I was thinking of the Supra yesterday. Always wanted to own an inline six!

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think the new Supra looks menacing in black. It's almost like a Batmobile. The downsides vs the G70 it seems is that the Supra has a firmer suspension (still road appropriate but stiffer), less cargo space, is louder because of the bigger tires and exposed trunk, has less technology, and is a bit plain inside. So just sportier rather than more luxurious like the G70.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought I liked the Supra, but these pictures actually made me reconsider that thought. Still very interested in checking it out in person (thought I won't buy one)

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Supra is a pretty good value for its MSRP price. The problem is that it will definitely be marked up out of the wazoo by dealerships.

FLnak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not a huge fan of the looks. I liked the original Supra so glad it was revamped and made again just wasn’t blown away by this one.

Then again I’m in the market for a 4 door sports sedan. With young kids a 2 door just isn’t practical so wasn’t even on my list to cross-shop. If I could get away with a coupe though I’d probably find a 1-2 yr old used M4.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the new Supra looks menacing in black. It's almost like a Batmobile. The downsides vs the G70 it seems is that the Supra has a firmer suspension (still road appropriate but stiffer), less cargo space, is louder because of the bigger tires and exposed trunk, has less technology, and is a bit plain inside. So just sportier rather than more luxurious like the G70.

The rear is hideous.

FLnak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone remember that animated short cartoon series Ace and Gary on Saturday Night Live years ago? Reminds me of their Ace and Gary phallic inspired mobile.