G70 US Availability?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Beef! I was just reading around the forum and came across your thread on your car...

I know this is old news to many forum readers but as someone who's been reading carefully only the last several weeks, it's new to me. (So, sorry for the repeat for those on here much longer than me.)

For recent readers who are a bit perplexed by finding the G70 you are looking for, I highly recommend reading Beefer's post on what he went through to find just the G70 he wanted. Impressive determination!

The thread is here: The Beef's G70

I do have a question, Beefer. You mention that you tracked down the Southeast Sales Manager and got him working on your side. Now, that's exactly the kind of effort from Genesis I would expect with a car that is so important to the company and yet faced issues with rollout!

How did you track down the regional sales manager? I wouldn't mind seeing if the southern Cal sales manager would put in the same effort for myself (and maybe a few others in here?) who've been waiting and watching patiently.

This is on my mind because I had a salesperson at one dealership tell me yesterday (in an email exchange), re the car I'm looking for (2.0T, RWD, elite, adriatic, black), Genesis is "not making that color combination in RWD and trim level." I can see online that this car is available from a couple of dealers in Texas and on the east coast, so I'm a bit skeptical I'm being told this for the purpose of getting me to buy a car from their current inventory.
Walter Dawson reached out to me after I was bugging the execs, etc. Forgot which one told him to call me. But he reached out to me so I would stop hounding them...LOL.

That was about it. I had his cell...we talked once or twice...then a lot of texting.

You can try reaching out to Kevin Smith...and asking him who that might be for your area.

Kevin Smith
714-887-2433
657-287-1724 (cell)
kdsmith@gma.com
Senior Group Manager of PR and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you found that combination at other dealers then I can guarantee you he is just telling you that to get you to buy what they have in stock. It seems some (many?) dealers are not interested in doing dealer trades or requesting specific models/trims in their allocations. As an independent business that is their right but maybe not good for Genesis in the long run.
Or they may be obtuse.

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
AWD ? what color stitching?
RWD, Gray Stitching. Laguna Niguel has one on the way and HB told me they do too. Looking to buy in the LA/Orange County area, so that limits me a bit. It'll turn up soon enough at one of those dealers and Laguna said they'd honor Circle-A already. Told me I could put a deposit down and have it delivered if I want

Mike D

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That's why I held out. I could have had my exact car with red stitching literally the first shipment in the USA. Atlanta got my car the first week dealers got deliveries (like 3 dealers). I held out for 3 extra months (I think...close to anyway).

So happy I did !
I think that will our plan!

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
RWD, Gray Stitching. Laguna Niguel has one on the way and HB told me they do too. Looking to buy in the LA/Orange County area, so that limits me a bit. It'll turn up soon enough at one of those dealers and Laguna said they'd honor Circle-A already. Told me I could put a deposit down and have it delivered if I want

Update: The car arrived in Laguna Niguel today!...but it was apparently sold yesterday before it arrived. :rip:

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Update: The car arrived in Laguna Niguel today!...but it was apparently sold yesterday before it arrived. :rip:
Bummer - so sorry, Soma.

BTW, here's the Genesis Inventory Locator. Sadly the Laguna Niguel car still shows, but hopefully this will help for future inventory.

Find a Vehicle – New Inventory | Genesis USA

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, I've been using this. The wait continues for now. Maybe I'll drop a deposit on something like the guy who snaked the one I wanted

I know that feels. Literally the exact same thing happened to me a while ago, haha. I ended up finding another car at a different dealer out of state. Not saying you should do that, though!

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't know that I would put a deposit down unless the local dealer is willing to really work to find you the car. Having a deposit might limit you if at some point you decide to just make a deal with the dealer 1 or 2 states over.

If you really like your local person and the deposit will commit them to ordering a car you want, then I could see it.

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I don't know that I would put a deposit down unless the local dealer is willing to really work to find you the car. Having a deposit might limit you if at some point you decide to just make a deal with the dealer 1 or 2 states over.

If you really like your local person and the deposit will commit them to ordering a car you want, then I could see it.
I'm committed to buying in California to avoid any registration issues and they said they have an identical car on the way, but expected delivery is in May 😭

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm committed to buying in California to avoid any registration issues and they said they have an identical car on the way, but expected delivery is in May 😭
When I was looking for my Design edition, a dealer in Scottsdale had one and was willing to work a deal over the phone. Problem was that, despite their insistence that they sold cars to California residents “all the time”, my call to the DMV said it was a “no go” unless it had over 7,500 miles or I could prove I was stranded with car failure out of state and had to buy a new car to get home. I know others have not had any issues buying out of state and registering in California (but had to give up the new car exemption from smog checks for the first 6 years), but I didn’t want to deal with the hassle.

Hang in there... they made quite a few and California Genesis dealers are becoming more numerous and getting inventory. It’s a matter of time...

md1801

Registered Member
St. Louis, MO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
California (but had to give up the new car exemption from smog checks for the first 6 years), but I didn’t want to deal with the hassle.
These emissions tests are just a scam---a way for states like California to bilk people out of even more money. Your example is pretty crazy! I can't imagine this happening in the midwest, but I fear it's not far away from being a more widespread reality if the politicians get their way.

Mike D

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
When I was looking for my Design edition, a dealer in Scottsdale had one and was willing to work a deal over the phone. Problem was that, despite their insistence that they sold cars to California residents “all the time”, my call to the DMV said it was a “no go” unless it had over 7,500 miles or I could prove I was stranded with car failure out of state and had to buy a new car to get home. I know others have not had any issues buying out of state and registering in California (but had to give up the new car exemption from smog checks for the first 6 years), but I didn’t want to deal with the hassle.

Hang in there... they made quite a few and California Genesis dealers are becoming more numerous and getting inventory. It’s a matter of time...
Same here...I found the exact G70 I want in AZ but the CA registration hassle and sales tax issues are not worth it.

Soma

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So I've gotten in the habit (maybe more of an addiction/OCD) of checking inventory in the nearby area and noticed that the Genesis USA inventory search tool seems to be listing cars that have already been sold (or otherwise removed from the dealer). Has anyone else had issues like this?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So I've gotten in the habit (maybe more of an addiction/OCD) of checking inventory in the nearby area and noticed that the Genesis USA inventory search tool seems to be listing cars that have already been sold (or otherwise removed from the dealer). Has anyone else had issues like this?
Yes, I have noticed that on their search tool and the third party search tools (cars.com,cargurus, etc.) will do that also.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
so i'm 7 weeks from my lease ending and there are no dealers in colorado and i have nothing on order from another manufacturer.

given that some service and maintenance is built into the price and there are no dealer prospects in colorado that anyone can tell me about, it would be totally fuckin stupid to go buy a g70 in another state, right?

which pretty much means that i'm going to get something off the lot from another manufacturer... and i dont know what.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.