Genesis GV70 Reviews

FLtime

Registered Member
Polk County Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would have bought a GV70 months ago, if they simply had:

- All of the top end trim features (HUD, fully digital gauges, etc) for around $54K.
- Camel/brown color Nappa leather in the top end trim, ventilated. (none of this lame suede and mesh material in black)
- Better wheel choices. Like the 5 arm wheels available in Australia.

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

- All of the top end trim features (HUD, fully digital gauges, etc) for around $54K.
- Camel/brown color Nappa leather in the top end trim, ventilated. (none of this lame suede and mesh material in black)
I mean, I would have bought a Bentley months ago, if it only was $100k cheaper...

FLtime

Registered Member
Polk County Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I mean, I would have bought a Bentley months ago, if it only was $100k cheaper...
The analogy only holds up if you can get a vehicle that gives me everything the Bentley has - for $100K cheaper.

Blitz118

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70

What does the GV70 not meeting your price point have to do with the GV70 reviews thread? First, the car does not meet your expectations, then go buy something else that does. However, it meets the expectations of many forums members, and we don't care if it does not meet your price point expectations.

cruskal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
What does the GV70 not meeting your price point have to do with the GV70 reviews thread? First, the car does not meet your expectations, then go buy something else that does. However, it meets the expectations of many forums members, and we don't care if it does not meet your price point expectations.
Well, this is a common sentiment amongst people, it would have made a lot of sense to buy 2.5 if it had a HUD and digital cluster. For me, the mesh was a deal-breaker (I personally didn't like the texture and finish).

An option to have Nappa leather would have been great! But all these would have come for a price, not $54k. When you count that, it makes a lot of sense to go with 3.5 Prestige, discounting mileage and suede which many don't prefer (I was hesitant at first, but I like it now).

FLtime

Registered Member
Polk County Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is a review thread.
I'm sorry, but talking about features, trim levels, and price - as they relate to the market, other options with other manufacturers - and how this is mentioned in reviews as well.....all of this is relevant when REVIEWING a model. Calm down Mr. Thread Police.

Danielpaw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Honestly, I don’t like the way Americans sell cars. It’s all packages, predetermined and selected by someone. Then, we buy vehicles off the lot, also selected and built by someone. If you buy a car in Europe, you select everything manually (mostly), and get the features you like at the trim you like. But, convenience over everything.

Now, let’s go back to the reviews.

Backslack

Registered Member
I also think Genesis's trim packages could be less restrictive, and the way package options are laid out on U.S. models isn't as sensible as in Europe or especially Korea. However, I don't agree with the sentiment that they should be cheaper than what they already are. The vehicles are class-competitive and actually compete on merit. If Genesis truly cared about being a value brand they would be competing with the rebadged FWD Toyota/Honda/Nissan products in Lexus and Acura and Infiniti, not making their own bespoke RWD platform vehicles.

Whenever Genesis releases a new product, those who owned past Genesis like the '08 Hyundai Genesis or Equus will get mad that it's no longer half the price of the competition like it used to be. But Hyundai's long-term plan with Genesis was never to be a value player. Cars like the old Hyundai Genesis were just a stepping stone. They want to move upmarket to the full prestige of the German brands and the pricetag that they command. Dealership woes aside, they're doing a pretty decent job.

Think back to a little over 10 years ago when Genesis was just a Hyundai sedan and coupe while Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura had full-flegged lineups and seemed almost ready to overtake the Germans. And now in 2021, it's Genesis that has the most bespoke, luxurious, and powerful lineup while the Japanese luxury players move ever closer to their mainstream brand roots. That 2008 Hyundai Genesis sedan became the $70,000 Genesis G80 while the Infiniti M, Lexus GS, and Acura RLX are all dead. As far as I'm concerned, Genesis now more than ever has earned the right to price their vehicles higher than the Japanese.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Lionorion

2022 GV70 Sport Advanced Mauna Red/Sevilla Red
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
KBB Review of The GV70:

shuvo_2000

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
First 2.5 GV70 review!

I really like that in the 3.5T review they said they are Audi biased people and that review still said Audi was better. This one is a complete 180...I wonder if there were anything else other than the car itself that changed their views....

soulmining

I really like that in the 3.5T review they said they are Audi biased people and that review still said Audi was better. This one is a complete 180...I wonder if there were anything else other than the car itself that changed their views....
I'm reading they said the 3.5T, at it's price point, is a tough sell against the Germans, but the 2.5T kills it. I agree and so its not a 180 to me.

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
While the number of GV70’s nationwide has declined 20 percent on cars.com there are still 675 3.5's listed vs 151 Audi SQ5's and the availability difference is even more locally

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners