Genesis GV70 Reviews

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
I really like that in the 3.5T review they said they are Audi biased people and that review still said Audi was better. This one is a complete 180...I wonder if there were anything else other than the car itself that changed their views....

Their Audi bias was clearly showing, and they seemed unable to wrap their heads around the fact that the 3.5TT is more expensive.

Alex broke it down the best/most clearly.

With the GV70, Genesis was going after the X3 and GLC.

He didn't refer to the Q5 nearly as much, noting that its layout resulted in too much of its weight being fore of the front axle.

Lionorion

2022 GV70 Sport Advanced Mauna Red/Sevilla Red
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Another 2.5 review for y’all:

wuffy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It was great seeing some side-by-side shots and comparisons in the 2.5 review. I think most of us in this forum know more about the GV70s than the salespeople do though. :)

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
It was great seeing some side-by-side shots and comparisons in the 2.5 review. I think most of us in this forum know more about the GV70s than the salespeople do though. :)
Always amazed how little sales people know about their vehicles. Their expertise is making you pay as much as possible

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ultra63

Been here awhile...
FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Always amazed how little sales people know about their vehicles. Their expertise is making you pay as much as possible
WINNER: BEST TWO-ROW SUV

“Perhaps most impressive is the car's interior, which would easily be at home in a model with a price tag $30,000 higher. “

Best Two-Row SUV

These awards are nice but we all wish that Genesis would have decent dealers and show rooms in the United States

Lionorion

2022 GV70 Sport Advanced Mauna Red/Sevilla Red
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Mukilteo
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
WINNER: BEST TWO-ROW SUV

“Perhaps most impressive is the car's interior, which would easily be at home in a model with a price tag $30,000 higher. “

Best Two-Row SUV

These awards are nice but we all wish that Genesis would have decent dealers and show rooms in the United States
The good news is that HMG is making headway with more stand alone Genesis stores, and we should all see them by 2024 for their big “Hydrogen Wave” rollout.

Last edited:

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Their Audi bias was clearly showing, and they seemed unable to wrap their heads around the fact that the 3.5TT is more expensive.

Alex broke it down the best/most clearly.

With the GV70, Genesis was going after the X3 and GLC.

He didn't refer to the Q5 nearly as much, noting that its layout resulted in too much of its weight being fore of the front axle.
If I remember correctly as well some of their comparisons to the 3.5TT GV70 were 4 cylinder vehicles. That's not how it works. The GV70 3.5TT is on par with an Audi SQ5 and not the Q5. The 2.5 GV70 is on par with the Q5. Etc. Same with the X3 and the GLC models.

I personally don't see how the 3.5 GV70 is less of a bargain against the Germans at the higher levels. It's still cheaper and hits the same marks right inbetween the Mercedes luxury and the BMW performance. You couldn't sell me an X3 M40i to save your life with the basic interior designs that BMW has, and unfortunately for Audi they don't even have the nicer/newer design in the Q5 lineup. It also has a basic look to it. The Mercedes is the only one that has any kind of style on the inside, so I give them props to that.

Genesis has a huge opportunity with being new because they don't have to follow any previous designs. They can create anything they want, and they really pulled it off. The GV70 is beautiful inside and out, and sets itself apart from the competition for sure.

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Hard to watch this review. Is this is what the world is now? How many followers you can get?
I don't think you realize that you described exactly how business works. So yes, YouTube is actually exactly that, how many followers can you get so you can make money making videos.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I know exactly how it works. I just think it's a shame and why no one wants to have a real job anymore. That's why there are "help wanted" signs on every business. That and all the free money handed out..

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I know exactly how it works. I just think it's a shame and why no one wants to have a real job anymore. That's why there are "help wanted" signs on every business. That and all the free money handed out..
Everything about what you wrote is completely wrong. Recording videos, editing them, getting them finished and uploaded is EXTREMELY time consuming. I can guarantee you that professional YouTubers work more hours than your regular 40 hour a week job. It's also why bigger channels have a staff of people to get the videos done and uploaded just so a couple people can do videos.

Maybe you should learn how things really are before commenting about something you don't understand.

Last edited:

blue92lx

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Dude I really didn't want to go down this rabbit hole on yet another car forum. I want to come here for cars and not this kind of bs in every one of these GV70 threads. Next time I'll just gloss over his comments like it seems everyone does here (including myself until now).

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners