Genesis Prada Engine Bay

Ruissimo

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess I'm too slooooooooow. Didn't see it.

armycamacho

Registered Member
Same here... check out this old post:

http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai-genesis-forum/showpost.php?p=72964&postcount=11

And this close-up:

hyundai_genesis_eng_ns_51811_815.jpg

And a better one:

msoqjt.png

:ninja:

So where do we get the black cover on the flanks?

brfatal

Been here awhile...
VA
I've been debating either removing or hydrodipping the plastic engine cover. The problem with the latter is that I would never really see it since this is not a wrenching car.

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
I really want those two rearward covers. Anyone know where to find them, I have looked at all the places that sell PRADA stuff but nothing avail.

Mark63021

Registered Member
St. Louis
I really want those two rearward covers. Anyone know where to find them, I have looked at all the places that sell PRADA stuff but nothing avail.

+1

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you examine the Prada closely and compare it to a regular genesis engine bay, about all the dyd was paint the main engine cover and replaced/added a cover on eitehr side of the engine bay towards the rear.

Seems very basic to me. One would think that one could easily make a metal cover to do the same and then paint/polish it as desired.

While JCN's engine bay looks good, my only concern is how much increased engine noise is there inside the cabin? The foam insulation and engine cover are there for a reason, i.e., to supress noise. ;)

If there was a way to remove more of the plastic, I would... A nice tuned alloy type IM w/ runners would be preferable. (think magnesium). The packaging is quite tight - esp with the headers.

IMG_2493-XL.jpg

does the engine cover pull right up without additional screws attached?
I wanted to take it off but just wanted to be sure I know what I;m doing. :)

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks Shadows.
I wanted those two flanked covers too.
May be we can ask some of those KDM vendors on eBay to see if they can find it for us?

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
Well, I was tinkering around today under my hood and I took my 50th look at the two tabs on the cowl, one each near the power steering and fuse box.

I said to myself "This is F***** stupid, there are tabs for the covers to attach too but no one seems to know where to get them!"

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Equus All models
lead5-2012-hyundai-equus.jpg

Prada Genesis
msoqjt.png

Available at Jim Ellis Hyundai online. $126 for the whole deal.

Last edited:

DRS

Banned
Going to hit the web site tonight. Thanks for the great tip shadow.

shagnat

Registered Member
Yuk - heat trapping pieces... pulled mine of before she even rolled off the showroom floor. Pulled the isolating foam under the intake mani and noticed even lower underhood temps and intake temps closer to ambient.

I call BS

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Great find!
So are they plug and play I suppose?
Any one care for a p/n or a link even better?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

LIRspecSedan

Registered Member
long island, NY
Well, I was tinkering around today under my hood and I took my 50th look at the two tabs on the cowl, one each near the power steering and fuse box.

I said to myself "This is F***** stupid, there are tabs for the covers to attach too but no one seems to know where to get them!"

Available at Jim Ellis Hyundai online. $126 for the whole deal.

great job man. my local parts guy didnt have a clue when i showed him the prada engine bay pic. maybe now they will.

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone interested in trying to get a group buy going?

I'm in.
Anything that makes my Gennie looking great inside and out, LOL.:p

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners