Genesis Prada Engine Bay

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Modified RH Bracket for LH Cover Installed

Finally got around to modifying the RH Engine Cover Bracket to work with the LH Engine Cover. Looking at the first picture you can see something was needed to support the cover because the front corner has begun to sag/droop. I took the RH bracket and cut 2/3 of it away which allowed it to sit relatively flat inside the engine bay.

The tricky part was marking the hole with the engine cover installed because there is no way to access it. Applied silicone on the bottom of the bracket and installed the cover to temporarily secure the bracket long enough to mark the mounting hole. Had planned on securing the bracket with a nut and bolt but the hole location wound up to be inaccessible right above the upper spring mount bracket. Ended up tapping the hole and securing the bracket with a bolt and loctite as well as adding more silicone to the bottom side.

Not the best looking bracket in the world but is completely hidden and does the job.

Installation Pictures

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

vast

Registered Member
Raleigh NC
Hi, does anyone know what the strut tower cover is called for the Genesis? I cannot find this part? Any clue will be appreciated.

cover.jpg

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
Crazy looking bracket. Good find. Not sure how I wasn't able to stumble upon that one years ago.

Side note, nice grill. The blank you installed turned out quite nice.
agreed

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners