• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP on color choice!!!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I spent the last few weeks trying to find any non demo RWD 3.3T sports. Found a Dynamic in red, and one in Siberian Ice. Found a silver one that turned out to be a demo but really liked the color. The SI car was 2.5 hours away but only had 10 miles on it. I spent hours looking at pics of that color and still couldn't figure it out or whether I liked it. It does not photo accurately. I made the trip and bought it on the spot. It looks awesome and not like powder blue like I thought it might as in some pics. Silver would have been my first choice for ease of care, but SI is a fantastic, unique color that despite being non metallic, it shifts colors. Looks way different in person and is more Grey than anything. Pops with the red brakes and red stitching interior.
View attachment 20207
For that color, I recommend Collinite wax products. The are great in making white paint look like a gel coat. Enjoy it.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
What do you recommend for Silver?
The same products. They are easy to apply (thin layers work best) and last a long time. I have had the best results with gloss on light colors like white and silver with Collinite. See products to consider attached. They have paste waxes too, but these are my favorite. Check out their reviews and Youtube videos. Happy detailing.

Attachments

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
For that color, I recommend Collinite wax products. The are great in making white paint look like a gel coat. Enjoy it.
Hmmm, never heard of that. I typically use products from CarPro. Great stuff. Used them exclusively on my last ride pictured below.20221

Ron926

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hmmm, never heard of that. I typically use products from CarPro. Great stuff. Used them exclusively on my last ride pictured below.View attachment 20221
The number of product brands and variety of products within them is staggering these days. Growing up in the 80s was a bit simpler. My favorite combo back then was Astro Shield polish and Kings Ransome wax over it (I still have some from back then when I used it on my Trans Am) - stunning results with basic products. Today the paint is protected by clear coat protected sometimes by bra type wraps protected by ceramic coating and protected by spray ceramic wipe on and off. I wonder what will be next. Manufacturers are raking in the cash for sure. Oh and I forgot to mention the sealants and waxes and detail sprays and wax sprays. Now I am dizzy and need a drink - LOL 😁

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The number of product brands and variety of products within them is staggering these days. Growing up in the 80s was a bit simpler. My favorite combo back then was Astro Shield polish and Kings Ransome wax over it (I still have some from back then when I used it on my Trans Am) - stunning results with basic products. Today the paint is protected by clear coat protected sometimes by bra type wraps protected by ceramic coating and protected by spray ceramic wipe on and off. I wonder what will be next. Manufacturers are raking in the cash for sure. Oh and I forgot to mention the sealants and waxes and detail sprays and wax sprays. Now I am dizzy and need a drink - LOL 😁
I'm no pro detailer, but I've been using Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant for the last year or so. It's great, lasts for months, and I maintain it with a simple cheap spray wax every few washes.

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The same products. They are easy to apply (thin layers work best) and last a long time. I have had the best results with gloss on light colors like white and silver with Collinite. See products to consider attached. They have paste waxes too, but these are my favorite. Check out their reviews and Youtube videos. Happy detailing.
Not saying you are a shill, but there are so many shills out there these days promoting bogus products and making big bucks doing it. This Collinite product gets an "F" on Fakespot indicating many false or deceptive reviews on Amazon:
Fakespot | Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax 845 Fake Review Analysis

Ceramic coatings are the worst lately with everyone jumping on the bandwagon wanting a piece of the action! Recently I looked into Avalon King Armor Shield IX (lots of positive youtubes on this one) and found so much deception by people trying to make a buck from their special (paid) links of endorsement, makes me sick! It appears that many of these new companies are re-labeling stuff bought on Alibaba. What's a fair minded consumer to do??

Not saying Collinite makes bad or fake products, but check it out before you buy.

Rant off: sorry for the off-topic post, but had to say that...

Santiago Silver and Adriatic Blue are my colors of choice, back on topic! :D

Last edited:

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not saying you are a shill, but there are so many shills out there these days promoting bogus products and making big bucks doing it. This Collinite product gets an "F" on Fakespot indicating many false or deceptive reviews on Amazon:

Ceramic coatings are the worst lately with everyone jumping on the bandwagon wanting a piece of the action! Recently I looked into Avalon King Armor Shield IX (lots of positive youtubes on this one) and found so much deception by people trying to make a buck from their special (paid) links of endorsement, makes me sick! It appears that many of these new companies are re-labeling stuff bought on Alibaba. What's a fair minded consumer to do??

Not saying Collinite makes bad or fake products, but check it out before you buy.

Wow, lol.

Those two were my favs too but I had decided on silver (until I saw SI) due to the dramatically easier care it requires. Adriatic might as well be black and black is a nightmare to keep nice.

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type

I agree with your post and find myself being suspect of the hype too. But rather than going by reviews and testimonials which could be also faked, I bought and use Collinite way back in the late 90s and still like it a lot for what I want the product to do. As far as rebranding the same product for shelf space, Megs is simply the one I think does it most. They have Megs, Deep Crystal, Ultimate, Gold Class, NXT, and on and on. Heck, Zymol has a 50K wax - really they do (see attach). If they would still make Astro Shield polish and Kings Ransome wax (see my previous post) I would be so happy.
Glad you like Adriatic Blue, that is what I have on my G90 and LOVE IT.

Attachments

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Collinite is being in the detailing world for many many years and is one of THE BEST waxes you can use. I wouldn't trust Amazon reviews, just ask the people who know about detailing, you can get info in Autogeek, Autopia or Meguiarsonline and you'll get more professional reviews and tests of any detailing product. I've been using Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance for decades and is the only wax with a similar longevity of a sealant but able to gives that carnauba wet look that's impossible to get with any other product.
Now we have Ceramics/SiO2 and other coating products that are opening new horizons to the detailing world becoming the new standard quickly. Maybe one day these products will replace (I have no doubt of it) the old Carnauba waxes and Sealants but as for now if you want to use a traditional car detailing method and want to use one of the best Carnauba waxes, do not hesitate to choose Collinite.

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Jumping on the ceramic bandwagon, I just tried Meguiars Ceramic Wax and I have to say that I am pleased. It fits my routine pretty well as you apply it after you rinse the car during the hand wash, then you rinse again and then you dry it. I was skeptical at first (seemed too easy to have good results) but so far it looks great and it is easy to maintain since you just spray each time you wash the car. I am sure there are much better products and methods out there (I used some) but life is what it is and I don't have time as I used to for a religious detail routine (I still hand wash my cars, clean the interior thoroughly and treat the leather seats :))... My issue was always the "2 step process" washing the car the evening before and start as early in the morning to wax it, now I can do both at once and still get an OK result.

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seems like there are a lot of detailing enthusiasts here. How do you all feel about opti seal? I've been using it as a drying aid for my rinseless washes and it's super quick. Washing and sealing in around 90 mins total, using only MF towels.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been using Meguiers Ultimate liquid wax and let me tell you, that stuff is awesome. No white residue. Its beige, but goes on clear and wipes off easily. It puts a hard, slick layer without any greasy film.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also used the Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax and definitely agree, its good stuff. Also use the Meguiars polish before the wax as well.

Sunny619

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Such a difficult choice. For me... never getting black again, too dirty and shows all the scratches. I know stinger had paint issues so I'm not sure how durable the paint on G70 will be. The red (Havana Red) and blue (Mallorca Blue) look good day and night. I went for the himalaya gray. Hides the dirt well and looks so awesome.

Attachments

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
seems like mallorca blue is a pearl effect, are all the other colors, besides siberian ice, metallic? are there any other pearls? why doesnt genesis name their colors this way so i know what to expect, lol?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
seems like mallorca blue is a pearl effect, are all the other colors, besides siberian ice, metallic? are there any other pearls? why doesnt genesis name their colors this way so i know what to expect, lol?
Santiago Silver has metallic flake in it. In fact, I think all the colors do except Siberian Ice and Victoria Black.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums