• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP on color choice!!!

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I found this brand claiming to be / match factory oem paint referring to Mallorca Blue as a pearl and it made me wonder if any others were pearl finishes as well -

Amazon.com: PAINTSCRATCH Mallorca Blue Pearl PS5 for 2019 Genesis G70: Automotive

I have a dark blue (much closer to AB than MB in the genesis lineup) pearl car now and love the color and how it changes in the light and think its much cooler than metallic. Looking for something to get excited about in the Genesis color options but not finding much personally, every luxury marque has super shiny metallics, nothing exciting there. I guess I need to see that Siberian Ice in person, seems like that one has made an impact on other people who weren't that excited w/ the other options.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I found this brand claiming to be / match factory oem paint referring to Mallorca Blue as a pearl and it made me wonder if any others were pearl finishes as well -

Amazon.com: PAINTSCRATCH Mallorca Blue Pearl PS5 for 2019 Genesis G70: Automotive

I have a dark blue (much closer to AB than MB in the genesis lineup) pearl car now and love the color and how it changes in the light and think its much cooler than metallic. Looking for something to get excited about in the Genesis color options but not finding much personally, every luxury marque has super shiny metallics, nothing exciting there. I guess I need to see that Siberian Ice in person, seems like that one has made an impact on other people who weren't that excited w/ the other options.
If you read again I said "metallic flakes" and not simple metallic paint, some of them look like pearl. All G70 paint models change drastically with light. Its something that has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum. Take your time and go to a dealer to see them in person. It's the best way you can compare them all.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
yeah id love to but there's one dealer in the entire state w 7 cars and like 3 of them are white. i've already extended my lease to see what comes about but frankly ive also already got the new car itch and trying to determine if a genesis is really worth waiting for or if i'll just revisit in 3 years when my next lease ends. color factors into this decision.

Sunny619

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Siberian Ice has a tint of gray.. almost looks like a puddy color. Its different and appealing in a weird way. I saw one in Sports package with window tint, looked good. It looked too plain for me. The Casablanca Wht looks like a real white with flake, also like pearl white. Casablanca Wht and Siberian would be good to hide dirt on car.

Attachments

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Siberian Ice has a tint of gray.. almost looks like a puddy color. Its different and appealing in a weird way. I saw one in Sports package with window tint, looked good. It looked too plain for me. The Casablanca Wht looks like a real white with flake, also like pearl white. Casablanca Wht and Siberian would be good to hide dirt on car.
I was on the fence about SI until I saw it in person. It is unique and gorgeous in it's own way. Nothing else like it on the street. It doesnt photograph accurately. In direct sunlight, it does appear to have a tiny amount of pearl which would account for its color shifting. Sometimes grey, white, or blue. Looks amazing in sport trim with the dark chrome and dark wheels. Needs tinted windows.

Same car both pics, different time of day, different angles. 20323

19G70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was on the fence about SI until I saw it in person. It is unique and gorgeous in it's own way. Nothing else like it on the street. It doesnt photograph accurately. In direct sunlight, it does appear to have a tiny amount of pearl which would account for its color shifting. Sometimes grey, white, or blue. Looks amazing in sport trim with the dark chrome and dark wheels. Needs tinted windows.

Same car both pics, different time of day, different angles. View attachment 20323
View attachment 20318
Looking good! I started out wanting the VB then shifted to the HG. Then my young daughter saw the SI and said that is the color she'd choose! Hopefully I will have my SI G70 soon !! The waiting is so frustrating! That is a whole other thread!

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looking good! I started out wanting the VB then shifted to the HG. Then my young daughter saw the SI and said that is the color she'd choose! Hopefully I will have my SI G70 soon !! The waiting is so frustrating! That is a whole other thread!
Indeed. My heart has been set on a Dynamic Edition but my delivery got delayed a whole month. Now I’m second guessing myself haha

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
These pictures show how different HR looks. Same car, same day. First one in the shadow, second one under sun.
View attachment 20345View attachment 20346
From dull and boring to wow! ;-)

A local dealer had two 3.3T Dynamic sedans just off the truck. Not sure how they ended up with 2 out of the total 400, but I just could not go for red. I like to look at them, but do not like to care for red... almost as difficult as black, but looks great when clean.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You ordered an SI? Do you have a build date?

My young son liked the color too. Guess it's a color boys and girls like... lol I prefer it when it looks more grey than when it looks like a powder blue cupcake. I could not have gone with this color without the sport package to give it a little more of an edge.

19G70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You ordered an SI? Do you have a build date?

My young son liked the color too. Guess it's a color boys and girls like... lol I prefer it when it looks more grey than when it looks like a powder blue cupcake. I could not have gone with this color without the sport package to give it a little more of an edge.
Well the one SI that I found has a build date of August of 2018. It definitely is growing on me the more I see it! Definitely looks great with the dark wheels and dark chrome. Really sets it off in looks!

jfintexas

SUPPORTING MEMBER
North Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My Mallorca Blue G70 3.3T Sport just got delivered yesterday. I ended up going with the red stitching. I'm in love with the color.
Congrats, one of my favorite colors in the trim you got the MB 3.3 sport was the first G70 I test drove.

At the time I was trying to really hard to find a manual, but no such luck. I drove the manual in the VB and AB but their were no other color choices, so barring that, I went to the higher trim level.

Last edited:

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums