• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T Intake comparisons

rkar

Registered Member
Just got them put on earlier this evening and drove around for 30 minutes or so.. Was hottest time of the day so I didn't pull on it too hard.
Feel any difference? Do you think I would need it if I'm just going to run map2 at most on 91. That's all we get in Los Angeles

Mufasa

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Feel any difference? Do you think I would need it if I'm just going to run map2 at most on 91. That's all we get in Los Angeles
From what I've read it only matters on high RPM, but It wasn't hard to do at all. I ordered the custom plugs off ebay that was suggested recently in the JB4 thread so I didn't have to tap the stock wires. Came fast!

rkar

Registered Member
Wow those INJEN intakes are MASSIVE haha.
Fuel wires weren’t a hassle at all to install. Installed my jb4 today and going to a shop tomorrow to have the denso spark plugs installed I believe the suggested gap is .022
Nice man! Let us know how it feels after everything.. Very curious. Are you running 91,93? Which map will you be using most of the time?

Whitelightning

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
DIY setup completed yesterday. Don’t notice much of a difference due to high temps and humidity outside. Looks good though. For $65 I won’t complain.

Attachments

Revvdmedia

Registered Member
Stinger here but the G70 engine bay and configuration looks identical. Maybe this will give some ideas. Running the DIY intakes (Spectre 90 degree elbows) to AEM conical filters, reverse fitted into the lower half of the factory intake box. I left the clips on and made custom heatshields with galvanized sheet steel (will plastidip - rubber coat - it later). I added retainers to the heatshields to utilize the factory clips. Easy swap back and forth from stock to aftermarket and back, just remove the braces, unlatch the clips and add or remove the factory airbox lid...10 minutes job with a beer.

Attachments

Whitelightning

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Stinger here but the G70 engine bay and configuration looks identical. Maybe this will give some ideas. Running the DIY intakes (Spectre 90 degree elbows) to AEM conical filters, reverse fitted into the lower half of the factory intake box. I left the clips on and made custom heatshields with galvanized sheet steel (will plastidip - rubber coat - it later). I added retainers to the heatshields to utilize the factory clips. Easy swap back and forth from stock to aftermarket and back, just remove the braces, unlatch the clips and add or remove the factory airbox lid...10 minutes job with a beer.
Looks good. How are the intake temps? I’m constantly watching mine without shields.

Revvdmedia

Registered Member
Looks good. How are the intake temps? I’m constantly watching mine without shields.
Too early to tell and with my schedule I might not get to testing fully until spring. I want to test without shields, with shields and with the factory box lid to compare. Currently it's at least the same without the shield, or just a tiny bit better when I stopped to check the IAT...not much from what I'm seeing though.

BlackedOutG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What should intake temperature be at? High 80’s and low 90’s where I live what should mine moderately be?

Whitelightning

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What should intake temperature be at? High 80’s and low 90’s where I live what should mine moderately be?
I’m noticing (without shields) that I’m about 25 to 35 degrees over ambient at a standstill and around 10 to 15 degrees over ambient when driving over 60 mph. That’s with 96+ degree ambient temps.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My measurements were back on pg5:

They are in line with what Whitelightning said about "25 to 35 degrees over ambient at a standstill and around 10 to 15 degrees over ambient when driving"

Nd1017

Registered Member
Has anyone considered Stillen cold air intakes, seem to offer more HP and TQ gains?
I assume you're refering to this setup?
Edit: wrong one. If you go back 1 page there's pics of a stillen intake by mufasa

I would also be interested to know if anyone got this as well an how the fit was on their G70

Last edited:

Vmusso

Registered Member
Hartwell, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm asking because I had to wait until my warranty was up on my previous Mazda 6 before installing a CAI. They would have voided the warranty otherwise.

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm asking because I had to wait until my warranty was up on my previous Mazda 6 before installing a CAI. They would have voided the warranty otherwise.
Yes, they’ll void your warranty, increase your payments by 500 a month and they get the rights to naming your first born child

this question gets asked so much, and I’m sure you could google it to find more detailed info. TLDR there is no such thing as VOIDING your warranty. They can deny a claim if say your turbo fails but they can’t say your aftermarket intake caused your suspension to fail. Mod at your own risk but do some googling first

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums