Tell us about your "double-take" moments

kbmuenkel

Getting familiar with the group...
Other than coworkers, I have not experienced any incidents of this type. I am surprised at this as I have not seen a single Genesis on the road except mine. Granted, I only have 700 miles on the car since owning it 5 weeks.

When I bought my 2004 Toyota Prius, I had MANY strangers approach me with questions and generally puzzled looks. My Genesis has not generated any of this.

I need to get out more.;)

DanTheMan

Been here awhile...
Other than coworkers, I have not experienced any incidents of this type. I am surprised at this as I have not seen a single Genesis on the road except mine. Granted, I only have 700 miles on the car since owning it 5 weeks.

When I bought my 2004 Toyota Prius, I had MANY strangers approach me with questions and generally puzzled looks. My Genesis has not generated any of this.

I need to get out more.;)

Wow...I think I did 700 miles my first week! The local dealer tells me they've sold a second Genesis. I've been looking for it, but haven't seen it as yet.

Dan :>)

Lonny 53

Hasn't posted much yet...
Downey CA
I did my own double-take yesterday when I finally saw another Genesis! I was in the parking lot of my local Trader Joe's, heading for the exit when I saw one coming down another aisle. It was even the same color as mine.

Seth

Registered Member
Two people have mentioned my car to me:

1) the first experience was after about 5 weeks. i was getting out of my genesis at the grocery store and a man was on his cell phone in his car facing me. i ran in for a minute and came right back and he hung up his phone and asked me about the car.

2) the second experience was when i pulled into a parking spot at a strip mall. the salesman in the store (ATT cellstore) came outside and said, "what kinda car is that?" he thought it was an mercedes-benz. he looked at it and said, "if it was me, i'd lower it, put some killer wheels on it and take that H off the back." i said, it's plenty low and the wheels are plenty hot. and mine's a lease so, i'm not taking off any logos. :)

THEN, i was at work, and i noticed a friend looking at my car. he said he just ordered the black on black - he just picked it up - but he said "damn that looks nice!"

I'm very happy with my genesis!!!!!!!!!

ecommando

Getting familiar with the group...
Ca
I put in like 800 miles in 4 days. Yesterday, a guy in a Mercedes suv pulled up next to me at a stop light and he moved up to have a look at the front. Another person on the freeway was looking also.

John M

It's just a Hyundai...
Milledgeville, GA
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
New guy alert! I don't even own a Genesis yet and I've already had one of these moments.

I stopped by the local dealership to try out a silver 3.8 (non-Tech with Lexicon audio) that was fresh on the lot. By fresh, I mean the delivery plastic had just been peeled off the exterior.

My first stop was a gas station about a mile away. After all, they ship cars right at empty and I wanted a decent test drive. While at the pump, a lady driving an Infiniti came to an abrupt stop to ask what kind of car it was and where she could go to test drive one. That wasn't the end though. There were people staring at almost every redlight to see what kind of car it was.

I've driven the car twice now and I'm quite impressed with it even with "only" the v6. While I don't have a need for any more vehicles, various family members do and they're all interested in the Genesis. My mother's Azera (06, 18k miles) will be traded as soon as the v8 is available. My grandparents may replace an LS 430 with a Genesis 4.6. Their other car is an LS 460 and I've driven it a good bit, including a 400 mile trip this weekend. Their opinion, and mine, is that the Genesis is close enough that choosing it over a Lexus isn't much of a compromise, especially at half the price. The Azeras we have now replaced two Town Cars and a Mark VIII.

BTW, if anybody in GA is looking for a Genesis without being hit with the "market adjustment" nonsense, the dealership here is very accommodating.

hockeyhank

I was taking a trip over the labor day weekend over to Canada via the Lewiston Queenston Bridge and as you can well image the traffic into Canada and the Us was backed up both ways. I had several people question me to what kind of car i was driving. A young fellow ina bmw was so impresssed that he asked me for the dealers name. The trip back to the Us the homeland security guard grilled me about the car!!!!! wow international exposure!!!!!

jwaters943

Been here awhile...
Reno, NV
I just spent the weekend in Boise and I literally had at least a dozen people (that I personally witnessed) check out my car. It was quite funny because up to this point I think my better half had began to think I might be exaggerating about how many looks/compliments I get on my Genesis. Not anymore! :D

Michael_S

Been here awhile...
So, Saturday, after we went to breakfast, I drove over to the Infiniti dealer to return the key. There were three salesmen standing around outside (poor guys have nothing to do since there are NO customers). After I went in and dropped off the key, I came back outside to find all three checking out my Genesis. They were all impressed with it. THAT made my day!!!

I'm impressed that a luxury car salesman would give an honest assessment of another brand. That was nice of them.

I went to return my Chrysler to the dealer yesterday (end of lease). As I was going over the paper work my partner pulls up in the Genesis to pick me up and several salesmen look out the door. I could hear them talking amongst themselves. One said, "Oh, it's a Hyundai. I thought it was a Mercedes." I told them that I could only think of one option that it didn't have. They wanted to know what that was. I said that it doesn't have any place to put your parking meter change. They laughed.

Tritonfreq

DE
Riding up the highway with wife en route to college football game on Thursday, Escalade blows by in passing lane, then slows to let me catch up. Just ahead of my freshly washed black on beige techster, the passenger noticeably strains to turn around to have a look at the nose of my Genesis, obviously trying to figure out what it is. No luck there dude. Then backs off the gas even more to allow me to pass so he can check 'er out from the stern. Still awaiting my KDM badges, so maybe he figured it out from the "H". As he resumed his previous cruise setting, passenger threw me a thumbs up and sped off into the sunset. Wife was wondering what he was doing. I was smiling and thinking about how much I won't mind that first payment after all. :D

ConceptVBS

Been here awhile...
texas
Was driving by the hyundai dealer to see if it was available. It was. But then at that moment, when I was about to make a U turn to get into the dealer, a Genesis passes by me. I do a double take making sure it was. I almost rear ended a Nissan Pathfinder Armada by doing that. I'm telling you the insurance companies should put a "genesis double take" fee on their premiums. lol :D

musher51

Been here awhile...
Minnesota
Here's a new one. I just finished refueling at a small convenience store yesterday, and the owner/proprieter rushes out the door to ask me about my car. He points out his new 545i (jet black, like my Genesis) across the lot, and by the time I'm done listing all the stuff I got for <$40K, he starts moaning about the payments he's making on his new BMW (I believe he said they're just under $1000/month...holy mortgage payment, Batman!).

He was so taken with the Genesis that he forgot he was the only one working the register. I'll be damned if he didn't take care of a waiting customer, and then locked the door so he could come back out and talk about my car some more. Methinks there may be a slightly used 545i listed for sale soon, and another Genesis plying the streets of the Twin Cities!

sheltonzz

Registered Member
san antonio
I was wiping down my Black on Black when a neighbor walked by and said" Is that a Lexus or Mercedes?" I give the standard answer that it is a Genesis made by Genesis, a custom car maker.

BaywayRic

Been here awhile...
Never bet against a Hyundai :D Left the house today and immediately noticed I was being tailed by an Econoline Panel Van. Speed up, slow down, and on for 3-4 miles [the complete check-out], then finally pulls up next to me at a light and gives the universal roll down your window signal, which I did. Passenger dude, yells "what is THAT", and I calmly said it was a Genesis, knowing full well they had been close enough to read the rear emblem. Driver dude yells, "we know, we know, but what IS it. Quietly I say, "It's a Hyundai", to which driver dude erupts, "I knew it, I just knew it", and passenger dude starts taking out his wallet, exclaiming "DAMN!" Just Priceless :)

DanTheMan

Been here awhile...
This week while stopped at traffic lights I have had two (female) drivers roll down their window and gush how beautiful my car is. That has to be a first for Hyundai! (It's a first for me too)

I had a smiliar circumstance occur this morning, except it was several younger adults in their car. It's the first time in quite a while that someone has had me to roll the window down to ask about the car I was driving. The passenger actually knew what it was...had seen it on line. They all loved it!

....and so did I!!

Dan :>)

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DanTheMan

Been here awhile...
Was driving by the hyundai dealer to see if it was available. It was. But then at that moment, when I was about to make a U turn to get into the dealer, a Genesis passes by me. I do a double take making sure it was. I almost rear ended a Nissan Pathfinder Armada by doing that. I'm telling you the insurance companies should put a "genesis double take" fee on their premiums. lol :D

Don't give them any ideas!! LOL!