Tell us about your "double-take" moments

Flex59

Getting familiar with the group...
I not only have had double takes and asked what type of car is - one couple confusing it for a Bentley (I have the Wing emblem on trunk and the Wing hubcabs), but this past Saturday I was driving home and a guy in a F-150 rolled down his window and while driving stuck his hand out and took photos with his cellphone.

This made me entire weekend and even today I still smile about it. I LOVE MY GENESIS!!!

Flex59

Flex59

Does anybody knows where I can buy 1 18" "Wing"OEM Center hubcab? KoreanImports are backed up. One of my either fell off or some idiot removed it and it looks terrible I can't stand to see it like that 3 "Winged" and 1 Hyundai!

Flex59

DanTheMan

Been here awhile...
I had another one this evening. After a rather long day, I went to a local watering hole to eat some dinner and watch my beloved Chicago Cubs beat the St. Louis Cardinals on TV. Tonight's game was only available in the local Chicago market, and I live in East Tennessee, but this place has the MLB games via satellite. Anyway, upon arriving, and getting out of the car, a patron sitting at their outside patio, asks if my car was the new Genesis. When I replied that it was, he asked it he could take a closer look, to which I happily agreed. I opened the door, and he sat down. By the look on his face as he looked around, his expression was one of "awe". He had heard it was like a G35, but after sitting down in the car, quickly commented that it was nothing like that, but much nicer. His friends were similarly drooling while they ate and drank....

Yet another "kodak' moment.....

Dan :>)

sheltonzz

Registered Member
san antonio
I have been having a lot of fun by telling people who ask that this car is from a custom car manufacturer named Gensis. Since my car has been rebadged, there is no way to tell what it is other then a Gensis.

DanTheMan

Been here awhile...
Yesterday evening, I had probably one of the best ones so far...for me, anyway. I was fueling up at a local service station, which sits in front of a Civil War-era home that's been converted to an upscale dinner club--nice place! A middle-aged fellow steps out on the porch for a private cell phone call, and is casually looking all around the area as he speaks, then stops, seeing my Cabernet Red Pearl Gen. After he finished the call, he walked down towards me (about 150 ft. or so) and stops to ask numerous questions about my new BMW! I quickly showed him the "Flying H" on the rear trunk lid, and he couldn't believe it! He said he had seen some of the ads on TV, but hadn't really looked at one up close. He then started asking comparative questions between the Gen and the 5-series. I knew a little as my brother drives a new 535 (his 4th BMW). It was all over after about 5 minutes or so, as he walked away. I can honestly say that I've never had anyone go out of their way to see what kind of car I was driving....(guess that says something about the cars of my past)!

Dan :>)

MattP

Lucas, TX
I have been really having fun telling firends and coworkers I traded my Tundra in for a Hyundai - I then get the standard "Hyundai" reaction. It is fun seeing the reaction to the actual product when people see it.

My wife had the best check out experience so far. She took a few of her friends to the movies last week. When they returned to the car they found a guy checking out the car (which made them a little nervous). He was a salesman at the local Nissan dealership. He knew it was a Genesis but had not seen one before. He was very complimentary about the look. He particularly liked the 18" hyper silver wheel. He's probably wondering how he's going to shift all those Maximas !

kbmuenkel

Last week we had clients visiting another executive in our office. One guy asked my coworker, "Who drives the Genesis?" My coworker casually mentioned my name and continued their original conversation.

A short time later, this same guy asks my coworker, "Can you introduce me to him? I want to learn more about the car."

We had a 10 minute conversation about the car. It turns out he drives a 5-series BMW and loves it but has been following all the press about the Genesis. Mine was the first he had seen up close. He mentioned that he could not pick up a single car magazine without some feature article about the Genesis, which peaked his curiousity.

From my office window, I have a view of the parking lot and my car. This guy spent another minute or two checking it out before leaving. :D

A little while ago I had a guy in Jeep come up behind me in the right turn lane as if he was going to try to pass me in the turn lane. When the turn lane ended he then pulled in behind me and then into the left turn lane about two feet past my rear bumper and stayed there for about a quarter of a mile. At first I thought he was drunk and I was contemplating calling 911. When we got to a red light he pulled up next to me and rolled down his window and asked me how I liked the car. It then became obvious that he had been trying to get a better look at the car. I told him I loved the car. He then said that he wanted to get one.

ShoNuff

Registered Member
Atlanta
I had an amusing double-take of sorts yesterday at a local Pep Boys. I dropped in to pick up some detailing stuff and a license plate holder, and my sapphire blue/tan interior V6 tech was parked near the door. As I was at the register checking out, one of the Pep Boy employees came in and told his co-workers, "dudes - check it out - there's a Genesis out there. Sweeeett..." I guess I couldn't suppress a smirk, since the guy at the register asked me if it was mine. When I told him it was, he followed me out with some of the staff and I let them look it over and poke around inside. They seemed deeply impressed. :p

kbmuenkel

As stated before, My office window has a clear view of my car in the parking lot outside my office. A guy riding his bike rolls by, stops, backs up and parks his bike 5 feet from my car. He proceeds to do a 3 to 5 minute examination with a full walk-around. Once done, he mounts his bike and moves on. :)

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

royboy365

Hasn't posted much yet...
I dropped off my Porsche into an independant Porsche repair shop I go to while my buddy drove up behind me in my Black Pearl Genesis. Within moments the lead mechanic comes waltzing out exclaiming, "Look everybody it's the new Korean Mercedes!" The whole place emptied out to examine my car and ask questions. Never got that kind of attention with the Porsche.

glickrick

I have had many instances of "double-take".

I was at a stop ligt. This bicyclist passes my car and then circles it 3 times. I roll down my window and ask "can I help you?", his response..."that the new Genesis?...beeeeauuuuutifull car:) man!".

My garage attendant tells me there is never a day that goes by when someone doesn't check the car out and ask what it is. Best one he has seen...a Mercedes owner was using his key fob and trying to open my car, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't open. My garage attendent had to tell him it wasn't his car, to which he replied..."no kidding, now I know why my car looked better to me today"

Jerry Kim

Best one he has seen...a Mercedes owner was using his key fob and trying to open my car, and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't open. My garage attendent had to tell him it wasn't his car, to which he replied..."no kidding, now I know why my car looked better to me today"

I burst out laughing while reading your story. your double-take moment is exactly the same as the VeraCruz commercial which depicts a Lexus owners who mistake VC for their RX. :D

dleather

Florida
Only took about 15 minutes for the first double take. Went from the dealer to the EZ-Pass store to get some new adhesives for the window. Coming out of the store and someone was doing a walk-around of the car. On and on about how sweet a ride it was. I happened to grab a couple of brochures when I left the dealer and gave him one.

JOwest

Been here awhile...
Picked up my 4.6 Friday night. The next day the whole family gone out for dinner in the new Gen. After dinner we walked back to our car we noticed we had a bunch of extra features on the car. There are finger prints all over the windows! Someone or some people must have peeked at the interiors to get a better look. I will put a piece of cleaning cloth inside just in case this happen again!

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Picked up my 4.6 Friday night. The next day the whole family gone out for dinner in the new Gen. After dinner we walked back to our car we noticed we had a bunch of extra features on the car. There are finger prints all over the windows! Someone or some people must have peeked at the interiors to get a better look. I will put a piece of cleaning cloth inside just in case this happen again!
Even better - leave a cloth on the outside of the car with a note asking people to wipe off their fingerprints. :p

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
A drool pad might be a good idea too :D
I hear ya! It's funny how so many people think the Genesis is ugly and "Korean looking" - but this just goes to show how many people think otherwise...