The Beef's G70

Kamauxx

Registered Member
How is it well documented in the 2.0T?
It's fairly new and was only available in Canada until recently!
Anyway isn't there a competitor offering for the Stinger?
The JB4 for the G70 is the exact same as the one for the Stinger, since the G70 is using the exact same engines that the Stinger uses.

In the 9 months and 10k miles I've had a JB4 on my Stinger the car has been to the dealership maybe 4 or 5 times. I'm using stock plugs re-gapped to. 025. I have not touched the plugs since regapping them in April. The car will ru the same with the tune on or off.

There seems to be a lot of confusion that can be cleared up by searching the Stinger forum's tuning section.

Here's a thread on spark plugs and tuning for your reading pleasure.

How to avoid blown spark plugs in your tuned Stinger

Kamauxx

Registered Member
You remove the JB4 prior to the dealer visits...right? How quick is it to remove? And...has the dealer said anything?
Okay so the JB4 has different levels of install. There's optional fuel wires and optional OBDII.

If you're only using the JB4 it could be removed in under 3 minutes. Pop the hood, disconnect two clips and reconnect stock clips, close the hood.

The optional OBDII has to be disconnected from the JB4, disconnected from the OBDII port, and the plug has to be pulled from the engine bay, through the firewall, and out of the car. For that factor in another 5 minutes (10 if like me you have 36 year old back and knees and your body hates gravity).

If you have the optional fuel wires installed you'll have to remove two posi-tapped wires in addition to the steps above. So another 3 minutes or so.

I only use the JB4 with Bluetooth kit and OBDII cables so it takes less than 10 minutes to remove.

The dealer has never said anything. Once it's gone there's no visual clues that anything was there.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay so the JB4 has different levels of install. There's optional fuel wires and optional OBDII.

If you're only using the JB4 it could be removed in under 3 minutes. Pop the hood, disconnect two clips and reconnect stock clips, close the hood.

The optional OBDII has to be disconnected from the JB4, disconnected from the OBDII port, and the plug has to be pulled from the engine bay, through the firewall, and out of the car. For that factor in another 5 minutes (10 if like me you have 36 year old back and knees and your body hates gravity).

If you have the optional fuel wires installed you'll have to remove two posi-tapped wires in addition to the steps above. So another 3 minutes or so.

I only use the JB4 with Bluetooth kit and OBDII cables so it takes less than 10 minutes to remove.

The dealer has never said anything. Once it's gone there's no visual clues that anything was there.
Awesome...thanks!!! Only reason for the OBDII cable is for logging...right? Once you log and send to Terry...you don’t need it anymore?

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Awesome...thanks!!! Only reason for the OBDII cable is for logging...right? Once you log and send to Terry...you don’t need it anymore?
It isn't necessary for logging. You could use the data cable and connect it to a laptop to log. But you'd have to run the cable into the car to do so.

It is necessary if you want to use the fuel wires with the JB4. Together they'll give you more top end power by leaning things out a bit.

The OBDII will allow you to use all of the features with the app through Bluetooth. I'm not sure if/how the app will function without it.

Kamauxx

Registered Member
I don’t think you need it for the app...I think dareckibmw mentioned that to me. He has just the JB4 running Map 2...in his G80 Sport.

What Map do you run? And...how does your car feel? Ton faster?
I run Map 2 on 93 octane.

I started out with stock plugs on map 1 and was fine for a few hundred miles. The power difference is definitely noticeable. Since re-gapping I've been almost exclusively on map 2. I did a video back when I made the switch and my 0-60 dropped from 4.3 to 4.06 (if I remember correctly).

I also ran Map 3 for a couple hundred miles but decided to go back to map 2 since we're dealing with winter blend fuel now.

For either map when compared to stock I think "ton faster" is a good way to summarize it.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So Map 1 got you 4.3 sec? Map 2 gets 4 sec? Jeez!!!

With the G70 being lighter...could do 3.8 seconds on Map 2...hopefully :)

Kamauxx

Registered Member
So Map 1 got you 4.3 sec? Map 2 gets 4 sec? Jeez!!!

With the G70 being lighter...could do 3.8 seconds on Map 2...hopefully :)
Yea you should be a bit faster than a Stinger with JB4 alone. Of course the more power you make the more you'll want to ditch the stock MPS4 for some beefier rubber. I've got a few more mods since my 4.06 run so I SHOULD be in the 3s.

You guys have it made. Alot of the development for different mods that went into the Stinger will benefit you all. From pictures I've seen you all should be able to use Stinger intakes. You may be able to use Stinger mid-pipes as well. There's also ECU tuners that should be able to work with y'all (Tork Motorsports and Pressertech). BOVs and intercoolers might work as well.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the JB4 on Map 2 will do me just fine. Don’t want to go over board. I’ll end up killing myself...LOL. And a ton of speeding tickets!

Thanks for your great info!!!

I’m at 700 miles...and that’s driving accessively since it’s new and I love it. I’ll probably get the JB4 in the spring...so car will be broken in...and I’ll be able to enjoy the tune!!

Kamauxx

Registered Member

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the JB4 on Map 2 will do me just fine. Don’t want to go over board. I’ll end up killing myself...LOL. And a ton of speeding tickets!

Thanks for your great info!!!

I’m at 700 miles...and that’s driving accessively since it’s new and I love it. I’ll probably get the JB4 in the spring...so car will be broken in...and I’ll be able to enjoy the tune!!
Shut up Beef!
She's barely broken in....
I hit 4,000km today and she's only 35 days old!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hah, such a difference in areas. closing in on 400kms over 2 weeks now and it showed up with like 95 on the odo. ;-)
95km left on the tank?
I can do over 700km on a tank now. Made it my bitch!

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
No 95 total KMS on the car when I received it. Consider it was driven over from Vancouver that's a good 70kms right there. So all up I haven't crossed 500kms yet in 2 weeks. Nice mileage though, that's great considering how small the tank is. Good to see the break-in is effective.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...fun update for you folks.

I am just over 1k miles. My buddy has a 2018 S4 (manufacturer says 4.4 sec) also just broke 1k miles.

Went to lunch...and then drove out to some remote areas.

We ran head to head on several runs. Temps are about 45F...so perfect for turbos. Richmond, VA area is not high elevation.

Both used launch control...and also simply "pedal to the metal".

After 6 runs...3 launch control and 3 without...my car edged the S4 by about a 1/4 of a car EACH time.

No idea what that translates to time in seconds. Point is...every single time the G70 outdid the S4 by a 1/4 car to 60.

You can knock it all you want. We did everything correctly...and there is no science to it. Mash the f'ing peddle.

I had a grin from ear to ear. He was f'ing pissed. But we love each other :)

So...the G70 either does 4.5 (if the Audi is underrated)...or it did 4.4 (if the G70 is underrated)...or the G70 did 4.3 which simply outdid the Audi (which was my expectation from the beginning).

This car is f'ing fast.

So all said and done...I am convinced that the G70 is a 4.3 second car (based on Audi being conservative). With the JB4...I bet it is a ~3.8 second car.

Anyhoo...take that as it is. Don't give me BS about better drivers...or tires...or hair do's, etc. Is what it is.

The f'ing G70 is a blazing fast car !!!

Cheers.

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think Hyundai and Kia in general are conservative with their ratings these days after the whole fiasco with the fuel economy lawsuit. Some 300 lbs ape would complain that he can't get it any faster than 4.7 secs.
Heck they even detuned on paper the 2.0t from its original 274hp to 252hp for some unknown reason!

Last edited:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...fun update for you folks.

I am just over 1k miles. My buddy has a 2018 S4 (manufacturer says 4.4 sec) also just broke 1k miles.

Went to lunch...and then drove out to some remote areas.

We ran head to head on several runs. Temps are about 45F...so perfect for turbos. Richmond, VA area is not high elevation.

Both used launch control...and also simply "pedal to the metal".

After 6 runs...3 launch control and 3 without...my car edged the S4 by about a 1/4 of a car EACH time.

No idea what that translates to time in seconds. Point is...every single time the G70 outdid the S4 by a 1/4 car to 60.

You can knock it all you want. We did everything correctly...and there is no science to it. Mash the f'ing peddle.

I had a grid from ear to ear. He was f'ing pissed. But we love each other :)

So...the G70 either does 4.5 (if the Audi is underrated)...or it did 4.4 (if the G70 is underrated)...or the G70 did 4.3 which simply outdid the Audi (which was my expectation from the beginning).

This car is f'ing fast.

So all said and done...I am convinced that the G70 is a 4.3 second car (based on Audi being conservative). With the JB4...I bet it is a ~3.8 second car.

Anyhoo...take that as it is. Don't give me BS about better drivers...or tires...or hair do's, etc. Is what it is.

The f'ing G70 is a blazing fast car !!!

Cheers.
He must of had a full tank of gas and you were empty..

..... JUST kidding!!! The 3.3 is a monster!