The Beef's G70

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My first 2 kills...same day...with the JB4.

This thing is a rocket...words cannot describe it.

#1...brand new S4...no problem. Off the line...well over a car length. Had to shut it down. Would have been even more.

#2...this was on the interstate. 911 Carrera S. Not the newest...but the 2018. Had him by a bit no matter what he did. He sure tried...but I pulled on him every time. He obviously didn't have the Sport Chrono Package. This is a 4.1 second car folks (2019 is 3.5 seconds w/o Chrono). With my latest readings...I am pretty much a 4.0 second car now. Dear Lord.

My numbers roughly are as follows...one day I will dyno it (I think)...
- 430 HP
- 516 Torque
Wow, that's awesome.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh...and I am only on Map 2. If I got some E85 going...and run Map 3...< 4.0 all day long. But I have no desire to mess with that. Not sure where to even get it. Sometimes you just have to call it quits and be happy with what ya got ;)

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
LOL....find a shop who owns AWD dyno. There isn't many, as I could only find a few around Chicagoland and they charge $140 for 3 runs/pulls. Since you already have the fuel wires...attach them, fill it up with 93 octane and get some numbers, lol
- Map 0 (base numbers)
- Map 1
- Map 2

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh...and I am only on Map 2. If I got some E85 going...and run Map 3...< 4.0 all day long. But I have no desire to mess with that. Not sure where to even get it. Sometimes you just have to call it quits and be happy with what ya got ;)
How does it feel when you’re just driving around not destroying other cars?

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was it difficult to install/have installed?
You need to get spark plugs replaced. They need to be regapped first. I was not going to mess around with this stuff. I am too old to muck around with all this crap. Local mechanic took 1.5 hours to do it...$135 out the door.

Installed the Bluetooth adapter to the JB4. This is done inside at a desk, etc. Took me about 5 min. One time thing.

Next...running the OBDII cable from the footwell to the engine bay. Some say it is easy. It took me over a f'ing hour. I was so pissed...LOL. With that said...it is NEVER coming out. If I go to the dealer...the cable is totally hidden...and both connectors at each end can be tucked away unseen.

Lastly...the JB4. About 2 min to install. About 2 min to remove. And THAT is the beauty of this thing. If I go to the dealer...I disconnect it...hide the OBDII connectors inside and out...DONE. The JB4 allows you to check codes...so I would do that first and clear anything "just in case".

That's it. All that for for $875. JB4, Bluetooth kit, iOS app ($40...f'ing ripoff...whatever)...6xDenso plugs, install of plugs. So for less than a grand...you have a 4.0 second car...with the potential for a lot more if you want to get into alternate fuels, meth kit, etc.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You need to get spark plugs replaced. They need to be regapped first. I was not going to mess around with this stuff. I am too old to muck around with all this crap. Local mechanic took 1.5 hours to do it...$135 out the door.

Installed the Bluetooth adapter to the JB4. This is done inside at a desk, etc. Took me about 5 min. One time thing.

Next...running the OBDII cable from the footwell to the engine bay. Some say it is easy. It took me over a f'ing hour. I was so pissed...LOL. With that said...it is NEVER coming out. If I go to the dealer...the cable is totally hidden...and both connects can be tucked away unseen.

Lastly...the JB4. About 2 min to install. About 2 min to remove. And THAT is the beauty of this thing. If I go to the dealer...I disconnect it...hide the OBDII connectors inside and out...DONE. The JB4 allows you to check codes...so I would do that first and clear anything "just in case".

That's it. All that for for $875. JB4, Bluetooth kit, iOS app ($40...f'ing ripoff...whatever)...6xDenso plugs, install of plugs. So for less than a grand...you have a 4.0 second car...with the potential for a lot more if you want to get into alternate fuels, meth kit, etc.
Wow, that sounds simple enough. I may just have to go ahead and do that when I get one later this year. The cost to benefit ratio is pretty damn good.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow, that sounds simple enough. I may just have to go ahead and do that when I get one later this year. The cost to benefit ratio is pretty damn good.
Hell yeah. I know a Porsche is a Porsche...c'mon now...my dream car from the first time I popped a chubby. But...that is a $105k car base. That dude was absolutely livid...his face was red from frustration. I was just chillin to some Sabbath ;)

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I read a post the other week on a BMW forum where the guy got a flat tire on his M5 and called BMW roadside to pick it up and take to the dealer. They somehow saw he had a RaceChip installed and foreman flagged his car. Now any warranty claims on the engine will be denied. Don't forgot to take to two minutes to remove if needed. ;)

jailer

Been here awhile...
Sound's like a badass tune. Are you watching your Temp gauge for any interesting developments ? Tork Motorsports,.. I believe, was pointing out the less than stellar intercooling in this 3.3T.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Do you drive in map 2 all the time? Do you ever switch to 0 or 1? What about the fuel wires they cant be seen?

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sound's like a badass tune. Are you watching your Temp gauge for any interesting developments ? Tork Motorsports,.. I believe, was pointing out the less than stellar intercooling in this 3.3T.
I do have the temp guage going on the JB4 app. But honestly...not worried about it. I do not do super long trips. So when I am driving around...I hit it when I need it...not going to abuse it. If I do a longer trip...it would probably be with the family...and the wife does not know about it...so it will be on Map 0 :)

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you drive in map 2 all the time? Do you ever switch to 0 or 1? What about the fuel wires they cant be seen?
Yeah...Map 2 all the time. When you drive normally...you cannot even tell it's there...that's why I love it. I did not hook up the fuel wires yet...might not even do it. They apparently add about 30 WHP...but in higher RPM's...which I hardly use. Not sure if there is any additional torque as a result of using them. So figure what's the point.

If I do the Fuel Wires...add a couple more minutes to taking it in and out...as you have to tap the wires into existing plugs using posi-taps. They do NOT have plugs that complete a loop like the 2 main JB4 connectors. Definitely not as clean.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Weird how you still have to buy the app after buying the BT kit!
Might just go the cable route cause I probably won't run past Map1.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Weird how you still have to buy the app after buying the BT kit!
Might just go the cable route cause I probably won't run past Map1.
I had a budget set aside for this from day 1...so I am ok with it. So the BT kit and the app is about $180 USD...which is about $567 CAD...so a little pricey. LOLOLOLOLhahahahahahLOLOOL. Sorry.

jailer

Been here awhile...
I do have the temp guage going on the JB4 app. But honestly...not worried about it. I do not do super long trips. So when I am driving around...I hit it when I need it...not going to abuse it. If I do a longer trip...it would probably be with the family...and the wife does not know about it...so it will be on Map 0 :)
Yeah that is good practice. You don't want to rag the thing out non-stop..

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a budget set aside for this from day 1...so I am ok with it. So the BT kit and the app is about $180 USD...which is about $567 CAD...so a little pricey. LOLOLOLOLhahahahahahLOLOOL. Sorry.
So will you finally be driving this thing more or just drool at it parked?
Have you hit 2k miles on it yet?

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So will you finally be driving this thing more or just drool at it parked?
Have you hit 2k miles on it yet?
I'm at 2,200 miles. And that is going out for a nice pleasant drive almost every day (when nice out). That will fade over time.

So for now...I am enjoying it for sure. I still drool at it though. Better yet...I love to watch other folks drool at it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.