The Beef's G70

Kamauxx

Registered Member
Weird how you still have to buy the app after buying the BT kit!
Might just go the cable route cause I probably won't run past Map1.
Thats a good way to save time. For the first 7 months I had my JB4 I did all updates and map changes via laptop and data cable. Its not as convenient but changes aren't made that often anyway.

However, I got myself the BT kit in December and it's way easier for logging and map changes on the fly, if that's your thing.

And if you root an old phone phone you can mirror the JB4 app screen to your infotainment screen. That'll give you a pretty cool way to view the car's diagnostics.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would you be able to keep track of your MPG while use map 2? Thanks
I guess I could...but I won't ;) I did not buy this car for fuel efficiency. I heard that while driving normally...it's actually more efficient.

I can tell you that when I floor it...I get about 2 MPG...and that is perfectly fine :druff:

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
BUSTED.

Well shit...I got busted by my wife. I usually put my JB4 on Map 0 in case my wife takes the car out.

I forgot one time :( Left it on Map 3 (running 99 octane). She took the car out...dear Lord.

She comes home and drills into me right away. "Ok...so what did you do to the car??? I accelerated like I normally do and it almost snapped my head off !!" <I have a huge grin at this point>

I told her it's always been like that...blah blah. No dice. I broke down. Told her it's a mod to conserve fuel...but it happens to help on performance...LOL.

She accepted that to a degree...but she knows. But...at the end of it all...she said it was like a roller coaster and loved the rush. Her final words were "Enjoy your 'Porsche' and you better not get any tickets".

Fme I love this car.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
BUSTED.

Well shit...I got busted by my wife. I usually put my JB4 on Map 0 in case my wife takes the car out.

I forgot one time :( Left it on Map 3 (running 99 octane). She took the car out...dear Lord.

She comes home and drills into me right away. "Ok...so what did you do to the car??? I accelerated like I normally do and it almost snapped my head off !!" <I have a huge grin at this point>

I told her it's always been like that...blah blah. No dice. I broke down. Told her it's a mod to conserve fuel...but it happens to help on performance...LOL.

She accepted that to a degree...but she knows. But...at the end of it all...she said it was like a roller coaster and loved the rush. Her final words were "Enjoy your 'Porsche' and you better not get any tickets".

Fme I love this car.
Ha ha, that's awesome.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL! You have a keeper of a wife there! Glad she was so understanding! (y)

And you are also partially to blame for me buying a JB4 also! I’m only at 250 miles (on my way to break in) and already bought one! And I’ve already hatched a scheme to install the plugs during the oil change at 600 miles. If my wife ever found out that I bought a performance enhancing device for a brand new car... :oops::censored:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Very thoughtful of you to consider the environment. Most guys just want to go fast, but you truly care about our world.

I sent you name to Greenpeace to nominate you for a medal this year. Good luck, you deserve it.
He deserves it. He barely drives that thing!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
BUSTED.

Fme I love this car.
Where do you get 99 octane? So this JB4 really makes that much difference? You said no other mods and no fuel wires correct? Enjoy sounds awsome

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Where do you get 99 octane? So this JB4 really makes that much difference? You said no other mods and no fuel wires correct? Enjoy sounds awsome
I use BOOSTane Professional...and Fuel Wires are connected.

No other mods. And...F YEAH....makes a huge difference :). I’m probably over 500 torque.

Last edited:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just beat up an X5 M off the light. By 45 mph...I was a solid 2 car lengths ahead.

He was not impressed...LOL. Love it.
Wow - That's a 3.8s 0-60 vehicle. I can't imagine how fast the G70 is with that JB4...

I was talking to our local GXM and he said in the engineering session they had, Genesis designed the 3.3T to handle 520hp as a regular daily driver... Motor is obviously well made.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was talking to our local GXM and he said in the engineering session they had, Genesis designed the 3.3T to handle 520hp as a regular daily driver... Motor is obviously well made.
Wow - pretty amazing!

I had some concerns when the engine came out with the Stinger. But apparently there’s no reason for concern as it’s not only being driven enthusiastically by Stinger, G80 and now G70 drivers, but some Stingers were given to a TV show for drag racing where stars were doing full throttle launches over and over and over again without failure, and while laying down incredibly consistent numbers!

I was a little skeptical also of a 461 horsepower number with a JB4 in Mode 2, but it appears that the JB4 and the 3.3T engine really do make big numbers and live to tell about it. Again, amazing!

Oh... and my JB4 tuner is en route for delivery! LOL!

Beefer

Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let me explain the run.

I was at the white line...not knowing what he was doing. He was 3 feet behind.

As he anticipated the light...he moved forward inline with me. Kinda odd...I was switching my station to BPM on XM....LOL.

I was like “ok...this guy wants to go”

So we’re inline and the light goes green. No LC...just punched it.

He jumped ahead right away...like 1/2 car length.

Then the magic happened. My car just thrusted....crazy.

Within like 2 seconds...I was ahead. My car switched gears and he moved forward quickly almost ahead of me...but I quickly advanced.

Then everything kicked in...my head blasted back...and she just took off...crazy actually.

Next thing you know...I blasted like 1.5 car lengths ahead. It then just increased. HUGE rush. We both shut down. Almost 2 car lengths at the end.

So my car launches shitty and then spools up and goes like a missle.

Hopefully I explained that good.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Beefer, pretty consistent with what I’ve read. The G70 launches a little softer to maybe maintain traction and maybe take it easier on the driveline. But once underway, the car really puts its power down. I suspect with the peak torque we generate at 1,300 rpm, it probably would easily just spin the tires if it wasn’t moderated a bit.

Excellent run and take-down of the X5.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.