Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ Sport does not really add weight. Perhaps a few pounds here and there.

This is funny. The user manual states the 3.3T AWD gross weight at 4,993 lbs (2,265 kg). LOL...WTF ?!!?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ Sport does not really add weight. Perhaps a few pounds here and there.

This is funny. The user manual states the 3.3T AWD gross weight at 4,993 lbs (2,265 kg). LOL...WTF ?!!?
LSD, bigger wheels, suspension, a bunch more electronics.
There's normally a few weights. Bone dry, with fluids, and max weight with occupants and cargo.

Last edited:

Kamauxx

Registered Member
So Beefer is anywhere between 3-500lbs heavier than a (notoriously underrated)M3 and was able to pace it from a roll. I'd guess with map3 he's making North of 460hp.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ No way I am 500 lbs heavier. I am sticking with ~3,900 lbs. My torque is well over 500 lbs/ft...that is what "gets me there".

HP is probably between 430 and 440.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ No way I am 500 lbs heavier. I am sticking with ~3,900 lbs. My torque is well over 500 lbs/ft...that is what "gets me there".

HP is probably between 430 and 440.

This is the weight of the AWD 3.3 Sport G70.

Cars are shipped with fluids/oils. Thus 3913lbs is the actual vehicle weight without you in it. So your car (and mine for that matter) is about 350-370lbs heavier than the F80 M3.

The gross vehicle weight includes max cargo and passenger weight. That number is when your car is fully loaded with fat people. So we don't need that number.

And I think you're right on about your HP number. It's the crazy mid-rpm torque that's enabling your car to keep pace with his. Over 500ft-lbs!!!!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is the weight of the AWD 3.3 Sport G70.

View attachment 19662

Cars are shipped with fluids/oils. Thus 3913lbs is the actual vehicle weight without you in it. So your car (and mine for that matter) is about 350-370lbs heavier than the F80 M3.

The gross vehicle weight includes max cargo and passenger weight. That number is when your car is fully loaded with fat people. So we don't need that number.

And I think you're right on about your HP number. It's the crazy mid-rpm torque that's enabling your car to keep pace with his. Over 500ft-lbs!!!!
I think the weight discrepancy shown in the Canadian brochure is basically the weight of full tank of gas vs the limited amount they put in before it gets transported on the ship.
60 liters of fuel is just under 100lbs.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think the weight discrepancy shown in the Canadian brochure is basically the weight of full tank of gas vs the limited amount they put in before it gets transported on the ship.
60 liters of fuel is just under 100lbs.

I wonder how the M3 is weighed? I bet they give a dry weight so it sounds that much lower than the competition.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wonder how the M3 is weighed? I bet they give a dry weight so it sounds that much lower than the competition.
Hard to say but the Germans basically under rate their HP for insurance reasons. Apparently the insurance rates have brackets based on power ratings.

G-144712

So...fun update for you folks.

I am just over 1k miles. My buddy has a 2018 S4 (manufacturer says 4.4 sec) also just broke 1k miles.

Went to lunch...and then drove out to some remote areas.

We ran head to head on several runs. Temps are about 45F...so perfect for turbos. Richmond, VA area is not high elevation.

Both used launch control...and also simply "pedal to the metal".

After 6 runs...3 launch control and 3 without...my car edged the S4 by about a 1/4 of a car EACH time.

No idea what that translates to time in seconds. Point is...every single time the G70 outdid the S4 by a 1/4 car to 60.

You can knock it all you want. We did everything correctly...and there is no science to it. Mash the f'ing peddle.

I had a grin from ear to ear. He was f'ing pissed. But we love each other :)

So...the G70 either does 4.5 (if the Audi is underrated)...or it did 4.4 (if the G70 is underrated)...or the G70 did 4.3 which simply outdid the Audi (which was my expectation from the beginning).

This car is f'ing fast.

So all said and done...I am convinced that the G70 is a 4.3 second car (based on Audi being conservative). With the JB4...I bet it is a ~3.8 second car.

Anyhoo...take that as it is. Don't give me BS about better drivers...or tires...or hair do's, etc. Is what it is.

The f'ing G70 is a blazing fast car !!!

Cheers.
All wheel drive G70 or rwd?

Antimatter

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Perfect spec, congratulations

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't really understand why everyone is acting like the G70 is some kind of miracle worker and the Germans are no competition. You're running a chip, obviously you're going to beat those stock cars. If they were running a chip, they'd be faster too. Not sure why that's news to anybody. Yes, the G70 is fast, but it's not as fast as the new BMW 3 series. As the video jailer posted demonstrates, the 340 x-drive is as fast (stock) as the G70 with the JB4.

Anyways, I'm not trying to shit on the G70, it's an amazing car, that's why we got it as well, but lets not act like the competition is trash, because it most certainly isn't. Unfortunately, the new 340 x-drive is about $25k more (similarly equipped) than the G70 3.3 Htrac Sport here in Canada. I do think the 340 is the better car, and if price wasn't a consideration, I'd get that over the G70 without a doubt, but it's not $25k better. The price is where the G70 shines, and at that, it's an amazing car, and for a first generation product is actually my preferred pick over the C43 AMG, about on par with the S5 Sportback, and just shy of being as good of a car as the 340. I think Genesis did an incredible job. I just wish people would stop with this over the top nonsense acting as if the competition is garbage in comparison 😒. Fanboyism is not good for anybody. As someone who loves cars, I like to appreciate the ones I own and the ones I don't.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't really understand why everyone is acting like the G70 is some kind of miracle worker and the Germans are no competition. You're running a chip, obviously you're going to beat those stock cars. If they were running a chip, they'd be faster too. Not sure why that's news to anybody. Yes, the G70 is fast, but it's not as fast as the new BMW 3 series. As the video jailer posted demonstrates, the 340 x-drive is as fast (stock) as the G70 with the JB4.

Anyways, I'm not trying to shit on the G70, it's an amazing car, that's why we got it as well, but lets not act like the competition is trash, because it most certainly isn't. Unfortunately, the new 340 x-drive is about $25k more (similarly equipped) than the G70 3.3 Htrac Sport here in Canada. I do think the 340 is the better car, and if price wasn't a consideration, I'd get that over the G70 without a doubt, but it's not $25k better. The price is where the G70 shines, and at that, it's an amazing car, and for a first generation product is actually my preferred pick over the C43 AMG, about on par with the S5 Sportback, and just shy of being as good of a car as the 340. I think Genesis did an incredible job. I just wish people would stop with this over the top nonsense acting as if the competition is garbage in comparison 😒. Fanboyism is not good for anybody. As someone who loves cars, I like to appreciate the ones I own and the ones I don't.
I can agree with your points. Though I haven't driven the M340i, I would really like to. I certainly have a lot of pride for my G70, but I'm also a car lover and I appreciate several other cars. But, like some guys and sports, I have my preferences and favorites. Haha. For example, I'm never gonna buy a mustang, Camaro, or charger or Challenger. Why? Because they're too redneck. Nevermind the fact that some trims are probably better than my car in many ways, all at a really good price, but I just can never like them, which honestly is probably my own loss.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I can agree with your points. Though I haven't driven the M340i, I would really like to. I certainly have a lot of pride for my G70, but I'm also a car lover and I appreciate several other cars. But, like some guys and sports, I have my preferences and favorites. Haha. For example, I'm never gonna buy a mustang, Camaro, or charger or Challenger. Why? Because they're too redneck. Nevermind the fact that some trims are probably better than my car in many ways, all at a really good price, but I just can never like them, which honestly is probably my own loss.
I have owned a Camaro and a Mustang--many years ago. (Had a 1964 1/2 Mustang at one point--love that car--but someone wrecked it.)
Probably the "fastest" car I drove was a Mercedes McClaaren--a friend owns it--I have always been a bit nervous driving it, but he said no worries because it is more insured than his house. :)
I don't really like BMWs. So much of it is just personal preference. There are some cars I see and think "wow" and some I just am not that worked up about. I tried to like the Stinger--but just didn't. Have wanted a G70 ever since I first heard about them--way before they came out in the U.S. I would take the G70, 10 out of 10 times, over a comparably priced and outfitted BMW--but that is just me. Each of us has preference.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have owned a Camaro and a Mustang--many years ago. (Had a 1964 1/2 Mustang at one point--love that car--but someone wrecked it.)
Probably the "fastest" car I drove was a Mercedes McClaaren--a friend owns it--I have always been a bit nervous driving it, but he said no worries because it is more insured than his house. :)
I don't really like BMWs. So much of it is just personal preference. There are some cars I see and think "wow" and some I just am not that worked up about. I tried to like the Stinger--but just didn't. Have wanted a G70 ever since I first heard about them--way before they came out in the U.S. I would take the G70, 10 out of 10 times, over a comparably priced and outfitted BMW--but that is just me. Each of us has preference.
Same boat in regards to the Stinger. I reeeeaaallllyyy wanted to like it! The price, configuration and practicality just made sense. But the test drive didn't wow me...there was no chemistry there. *shrug*