• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Winter wheel & tire packages?

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've ordered winter wheels because ...

IMG_0711.jpg

Summer's over.☹

Ordered a set of RWC MHK430, which from the pictures I've seen is as close a copy of the Sport wheel as you can get without getting sued for copyright infringement. Just trying to decide between the Blizzak WS90, X-Ice i3 or SottoZero 3. Most of my driving is in an urban area so might go for the SottoZeros.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I will like to know if this wheel fit on my G70 3.3T, I am worry about the offset.

RSSW - Touring - Gris Anthracite

Thanks
It says right on the website:

Incompatible avec votre GENESIS G70 2.0T/3.3T WITH BREMBO BRAKES/AVEC FREINS BREMBO 2019

Go to the PMC Tire website and enter 2019 Kia Stinger GT/Limited and there will be numerous options. Their options for the G70 are limited even though it's essentially the same vehicle.

marianne

Registered Member
Denver, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on winter tires and a set of rims. One last question to @patatty and @Draco-REX - Do you both have the 3.3T AWD? I've got the 3.3T AWD Sport model and just want to cross-check that your setup does in fact fit my model. I've also never had to deal with a winter tire setup, so this is all new to me.

patatty

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on winter tires and a set of rims. One last question to @patatty and @Draco-REX - Do you both have the 3.3T AWD? I've got the 3.3T AWD Sport model and just want to cross-check that your setup does in fact fit my model. I've also never had to deal with a winter tire setup, so this is all new to me.
3.3T AWD Dynamic here

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have Fast Wheels G003 Titanium wheels and Pirelli Sottozero 3 for my winter setup. I find that I actually prefer the looks of these wheels compared to the stock sport wheels. I financed them alongside the car, the wheels were $1000 and the tires $1400 with mounting and balancing included in the cost.

Attachments

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yea, they look good, and I see that the Genesis center caps fit, which is nice (or did you make/adapt those?)

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They came with the Genesis center caps already installed.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm looking at the Konig Rennform wheel for putting a set of summer tires on (probably wait until spring at this point). In 18" x 8" they only weigh 18.8lbs! That's about five pounds less than stock (I know some don't think that matters much, but...).
I think it would look sharp. What do you guys think? Not as sporty as many five spokes, but might look good on my Design Edition. A bit reminiscent of the BMW Alpina wheels. They are rotary/ flow formed, so light but strong. About $220 apiece, so not too bad, especially for not being cast.
Also, they're about the same color as brake dust, so that's handy. 😊
kon-rennform-grey.png

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have Fast Wheels G003 Titanium wheels and Pirelli Sottozero 3 for my winter setup. I find that I actually prefer the looks of these wheels compared to the stock sport wheels. I financed them alongside the car, the wheels were $1000 and the tires $1400 with mounting and balancing included in the cost.
^ yeah, i also paid up front and rolled the tires/wheels into the purchase price. very reasonable when i shopped around. i couldn't have gotten my set for cheaper on my own - the opposite actually.

i went with the Fast Switch and Conti SI. they sent me a much higher-priced Conti instead - the Mercedes-spec TS850P runflat - for the same price. the SI's were $989 iirc, what i ended up getting would have been 40% more. all in i paid ~$2100 CAD+tax which included balanced tires/wheels, TPMS programmed, centre caps, nitrogen fill, and everything packaged nicely and delivered to my home at my convenience. for a guy who almost always shuns dealer add-ons, this was about as good as i could have hoped for.

as well, this OE set is covered by the Genesis warranty and there was no fitment concern or need for hub-centric ring adapters.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ordered the TR60 in 18-8, offset of 50 and bore 72.62. They are backordered so don't have them yet. Open to people's thoughts on this size, I can still change/cancel my order as they are backordered until September.

Before I placed the order I read a review from someone with a G70 w/ Brembos and these rims. The verdict was they fit but the weights for wheel balancing have to be on the very outside or inside to ensure clearance on the brembos. There is a pic up with the guys review as well with the wheels/tires on his G70 over the brembos which was reassuring.. When I find it i'll post it.
So a follow up to my own post. Went to have these rims installed by Genesis and they do not fit, the problem being the 40 offset puts the rim to close to the shock. The tech said that in spirited driving with minor flex they could contact and they are not comfortable installing. I could space them out but ended up just ordering a set of OEM rims through the dealer to make my life easier.

So, anyone looking for wheels with a 40 offset make sure the shock/rim spacing is adequate enough. Feel free to chime in if you have 40 offset installed with no spacers as well. I solved my issue with money but could help others lol.

EDIT: There is a typo in my original quote, should have read 40 offset to confirm.

superppatel

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello,

I have purchased the following. I tried test fitting the rims and they do fit on front and rear. They are also clear both Brembo's. The issue I'm more concerned about is the inner lip of the rim which is close to the front shocks. Rear is totally fine with enough clearance.

Does anyone think that it would create an issue? Right now I am in an situation where I can't return this wheels because Fast Wheels provided a guaranteed fitment on the car.

FAST WHEELS FC04 TITANIUM 18X8 +40 5X114.3MM 72.6MM
SKU: FC04-1880-65TN+40C726
Tire Size: 225/45/R18

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Following this post, if anyone thinks there could be a minor issue would a 5mm/10mm spacer work without issue on those rims?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums