• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Winter wheel & tire packages?

Draco-REX

Parts Monkey
Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on winter tires and a set of rims. One last question to @patatty and @Draco-REX - Do you both have the 3.3T AWD? I've got the 3.3T AWD Sport model and just want to cross-check that your setup does in fact fit my model. I've also never had to deal with a winter tire setup, so this is all new to me.
3.3T AWD Sport here.

Maya_Sport

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed my new set of winter wheels and tires this week and thought some pictures may help for those in the market. I went with 18" Enkei Raijin (Gunmetal) and Blizzaks. I like the look a lot and the gunmetal compliments the dark chrome of the sport trim very well.

Only thing I may change are the center caps. I love the caps on some of the g80 wheels. Are center caps generally universal fit or what should I look for when buying to make sure they fit?

Thanks to all those on the thread that helped make my wheel buying experience easier.

64B244FC-CF34-4251-BA86-93512624547E_1_201_a.jpeg
76DD7575-5E1A-4FF9-AB88-8F90949F8907_1_201_a.jpeg
12C66517-0E77-4EBA-9846-AB0CF6C088FA_1_201_a.jpeg

Maya_Sport

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks great! Are those the OEM offered wheels? I'm thinking I'm getting the same in black, or very close!
I don't believe they are. I purchase through Tire Rack using the Stinger AWD GT configurator. Great buying experience with them. Details are below if you need them.

225/45R-18 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS80 XL
18X8 ENKEI TUNING RAIJIN GUNMETAL

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed my new set of winter wheels and tires this week and thought some pictures may help for those in the market. I went with 18" Enkei Raijin (Gunmetal) and Blizzaks. I like the look a lot and the gunmetal compliments the dark chrome of the sport trim very well.

Only thing I may change are the center caps. I love the caps on some of the g80 wheels. Are center caps generally universal fit or what should I look for when buying to make sure they fit?

Thanks to all those on the thread that helped make my wheel buying experience easier.

View attachment 24057
The Blizzaks are directional and it looks like the rotation arrow on your right front tire is facing to the rear. If not then carry on and have a happy Columbus Day weekend.

steelers84

Registered Member
Does anyone know if ANY Enkei Performance (18x8) wheel will fit (says they fit the Stinger GT)? I would love to buy something like I linked below but I'm really worried they won't fit right. Do you think it's best to just buy a set that someone already bought? Thanks!

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=5238806535GB&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=Phoenix&wheelFinish=Gloss+Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Kia&autoModel=Stinger+AWD&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=

GateGuardian

Mississauga, ON, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know if I go through Genesis to buy the tires and rims, would I qualify for a courtesy car while they service my car? Also, I'm in the Mississauga area, so I'm assuming they're just going to take it to Mississauga Hyundai. Would there be any benefits going to Mississauga Hyundai instead of calling in to Genesis?

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't know for a fact, but here are my thoughts. You spend $2500 on rims and tires you get a loaner lol, jusk ask before buying. As for where.... Well if you buy from Genesis it would likely have to be a Genesis branded dealer. Not just any Hyundai. If that dealer is a Genesis dealer then your good. Also, you can buy direct from the dealer. I've never actually called "Genesis Experience" for anything. Just the local experience rep at my closest/only dealer. Also in Canada here.

GateGuardian

Mississauga, ON, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't know for a fact, but here are my thoughts. You spend $2500 on rims and tires you get a loaner lol, jusk ask before buying. As for where.... Well if you buy from Genesis it would likely have to be a Genesis branded dealer. Not just any Hyundai. If that dealer is a Genesis dealer then your good. Also, you can buy direct from the dealer. I've never actually called "Genesis Experience" for anything. Just the local experience rep at my closest/only dealer. Also in Canada here.
Thanks, I bought my Genesis from Square One in Mississauga and the owner also owns Hyundai Mississauga, so I'm assuming they're just going to take it there since Genesis doesn't have their own shop.

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, if Genesis doesn't have a standalone shop (of which I don't know any myself) then your Genesis vehicle is always serviced at a Hyundai dealership with Genesis approved technicians / service.

bmaither

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just test-fit my winter wheel and tire setup.

Enkei Draco 18x8+35 wrapped in 225/45-18 Blizzak WS80 tires. I used Tire Rack and chose a Stinger GT AWD fitment. There were a couple wheels I liked, but the fact that the Dracos look like the 10 spoke wheels that have been powdercoated kind of sealed the deal.
(New phone went kind of wild with the HDR on its own..)

Thanks so much for the photos with everything mounted, I just picked up my set on a US border run. They look fantastic on the Havana Red as well. I can't get over the weight difference between these and the stock rims - just a guess at the moment but I'm thinking this set will be a good 100 pounds lighter?

superppatel

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know if ANY Enkei Performance (18x8) wheel will fit (says they fit the Stinger GT)? I would love to buy something like I linked below but I'm really worried they won't fit right. Do you think it's best to just buy a set that someone already bought? Thanks!

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=5238806535GB&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=Phoenix&wheelFinish=Gloss+Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Kia&autoModel=Stinger+AWD&autoYear=2019&autoModClar=
I would recheck the bolt pattern on these wheels. The wheels I ordered or recommended by different people - G70 takes 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

superppatel

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Blizzaks are directional and it looks like the rotation arrow on your right front tire is facing to the rear. If not then carry on and have a happy Columbus Day weekend.
I agree. All winter tires are directional and they have to be installed in the correct rotations otherwise they will get destroyed very fast. Please have them rechecked somewhere else if the same shop giving you excuses.

superppatel

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

View attachment 24056
View attachment 24057
View attachment 24058
I agree. All winter tires are directional and they have to be installed in the correct rotations otherwise they will get destroyed very fast. Please have them rechecked somewhere else if the same shop giving you excuses.

steelers84

Registered Member
I would recheck the bolt pattern on these wheels. The wheels I ordered or recommended by different people - G70 takes 5x114.3 bolt pattern.
Thank you! They appear to be the same bolt pattern as the Enkei Performance Draco which a few people here have installed. I need to look into this though, because the last thing I want to do is have rims delivered that don't fit. Thanks again!

EDIT: It appears 5x114 and 5x114.3 is the same thing (they supposedly don't make 5x114). Tirerack just doesn't list it like that.

Last edited:

superppatel

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you! They appear to be the same bolt pattern as the Enkei Performance Draco which a few people here have installed. I need to look into this though, because the last thing I want to do is have rims delivered that don't fit. Thanks again!

EDIT: It appears 5x114 and 5x114.3 is the same thing (they supposedly don't make 5x114). Tirerack just doesn't list it like that.
Below is the specs for G70. I got the FC04 rims with +40 offset 18x8 5x114.3 72.6Bore. I tried to fit the rims and they fit perfect, the only thing I am worried about is that the front rims inner lips are close to the shocks and I am afraid that they might hit them. I will find out more when I go to have them mounted. Although, Fast Wheels Canada states that you can go upto +42 Offset all four wheels since they have a contract with Genesis Canada to make rims that fit the car.

I would suggest to stick with +35 offset 18x8 5x114.3 67.1(Lowest Bore Size G70 can take) and you should be fine. If you pick a rim that has 67.1 Bore it will be a direct fit without hub rings. Otherwise I recommend getting the hub rings it will help with vibrations.

image.png

steelers84

Registered Member
Below is the specs for G70. I got the FC04 rims with +40 offset 18x8 5x114.3 72.6Bore. I tried to fit the rims and they fit perfect, the only thing I am worried about is that the front rims inner lips are close to the shocks and I am afraid that they might hit them. I will find out more when I go to have them mounted. Although, Fast Wheels Canada states that you can go upto +42 Offset all four wheels since they have a contract with Genesis Canada to make rims that fit the car.

I would suggest to stick with +35 offset 18x8 5x114.3 67.1(Lowest Bore Size G70 can take) and you should be fine. If you pick a rim that has 67.1 Bore it will be a direct fit without hub rings. Otherwise I recommend getting the hub rings it will help with vibrations.

View attachment 24112
Thank you, this was very helpful! The rims that I would like to order are 18x8 5x114.3 with a 72.6 bore. They appear to be the same size as the Draco wheels that a few forum members have so I am hoping that they fit right. Fingers crossed!

superppatel

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you, this was very helpful! The rims that I would like to order are 18x8 5x114.3 with a 72.6 bore. They appear to be the same size as the Draco wheels that a few forum members have so I am hoping that they fit right. Fingers crossed!
They should fit. Just don't forget to get the hub rings along with that.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums