2015 Genesis "Likes":

jimbo1mcm

Registered Member
At Physical Training rehab for a sports injury, an older couple in a vintage Sonata very slowly cruise by looking very carefully at my Pamplona Red Genesis. This is one very serious good looking vehicle!!

At Physical Training rehab for a sports injury, an older couple in a vintage Sonata very slowly cruise by looking very carefully at my Pamplona Red Genesis. This is one very serious good looking vehicle!!
I did the same thing just yesterday - hung at the rear 3/4 of a Pamplona 5.0 - first good look I've had at one in the wild. It was a very overcast day, which made the red look very deep and dark. Last one I saw was at the dealer in bright sunshine where it was very sparkly. Cool shade for sure.

jsmit86

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Elgin, IL
One of my co-workers came by my desk last week. He says "My daughter says you have a Bentley." Is that right? LOL... No, it's a Genesis. :D

StarPower

Registered Member
South Carolina
I think I posted this before, but now that it's Summer I've rediscovered my appreciation for the internet-based remote start. I can start my car from my office, and it'll be cooled off by the time I get out to it. You really can't do this with a keyfob unless you can see your car from your office.

Thread starter #547

Alwaysforward

Been here awhile...
South Florida - Treasure Coast
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I got this warning over the weekend when we were down in Key West. It is pretty awesome that your car can tell you when to change out your Key Fob battery. It comes on when you shut the car off. When we got home I looked up the following video and replaced the battery in less than a minute.

This video shows you how to replace the battery in your 2015 Genesis Key Fob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsrB0TdTGCw

jrhodes87

Registered Member
Just picked up a 16 Genesis rwd empire state grey, base model. Traded in a 06 hyundai sonata got a grand for her due to the work that needed done, so you can imagine the genesis feels like a spaceship to me. So far I love this car it's amazing, the fact the base model came standard with the rearview mirror light decal on the ground is awesome!! snapped all my friends the light in action, everyone was like wtf is that car!!!??

Just sat up blue link on the phone, will be setting up android auto tomorrow along with ordering a trunk badge.

overall I couldn't be happier, it has 14k miles, certified pre owned, I got out the door at 28k Gentlemen came in 30 mins after i sealed the deal to buy the car!!

Feels like a steal when I see honda accords on the lot going for similar price!

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
AWD guys, do you notice when cornering that the awd system helps to make the car corner faster? I noticed on couple occasions when I'm taking fast sweepers any where fro 60+ mph, the car would start off with a small hint of under steer but mid turn it would track noticeably better, almost like if the front wheels is helping pulling the car around a bit. This behavior actually makes me counter steer just a tad cause now the car is actually turning in a bit more mid corner. It feels tricky on fast sweepers, because it feels like you have the car settled and half way into the turn it turns in a bit more.

stretch

Hasn't posted much yet...
Houston, TX
AWD guys, do you notice when cornering that the awd system helps to make the car corner faster? I noticed on couple occasions when I'm taking fast sweepers any where fro 60+ mph, the car would start off with a small hint of under steer but mid turn it would track noticeably better, almost like if the front wheels is helping pulling the car around a bit. This behavior actually makes me counter steer just a tad cause now the car is actually turning in a bit more mid corner. It feels tricky on fast sweepers, because it feels like you have the car settled and half way into the turn it turns in a bit more.
*sigh* Go ahead and rub it in.

I had been driving a subaru STi for several years before an intolerable commute, and a blown rotator cuff, took the joy out of driving a car with a stick. I looked at other sporty cars, and quickly realized that anything approaching the performance I was used to was way out of my range. So I thought about getting a muscle car, but I've done that before, and what you're describing is exactly what is amazing about AWD.

So I decided to go to the other extreme: A very plush, comfortable car that would isolate me from the road as much as possible. Already had a BMW (which apparently stands for "Sell During Warranty" or something like that). Audi has a lot of nice cars but anything that could get my interest came close to the six-digit range. Looked at Lexus. Nice, but... I wanted "new car" smell, not "high margin". Caddy makes a couple nice cars, but again, they are pricey once you get out of the base models. Considered Acura anfaj'ised... oops, sorry, fell asleep on the keyboard. Where was I?

Read up on the genesis, and realized it was a bargain. Hyundai still hasn't figured out how to shed the low-buck image, and their dealerships practically scream "No FICO, no problem!"... and that's a problem when you're trying to sell a car with an MSRP that can easily get into the 60's.

I went in thinking I could swing a 3.8 with all the goodies, but they had a leftover '15 5.0 (this was april of '16), and for all their cheap furniture, they know how to price a car when a buyer walks in. They slid a number across the table and I did my best to keep a poker face on, but it was a done deal in that instant.

Have 25k miles on it now, and not a single complaint. (Okay, except that I forgot how quickly RWD cars with bizarre amounts of torque can eat through sticky, expensive tires.)

And a few months after I bought it, Hyundai casually says "oh, hey, here's a free update to all your nav stuff that also enables CarPlay". Eh? Adding value to a car that you've already sold me, without extracting every possible nickle????? That's.. insane! ... and also likely to earn you a lot of repeat buyers.

Favorite feature? The list is long, but I love being able to faux-rage when a vendor shows up to meet me and he's driving something expensive, and I can go into the rant about how his margins are too high, because "[he] drove here in (whatever), and I drove here in a f******* Hyundai!!"

.. and then remember to remotely start the car, with the AC set to 74? or 73 today. Yes, 73.

AWD would be a nice addition - don't think they had it (nor could I likely have swallowed the extra cost) - but maybe in.... 4 years or so. :)

2015g5.0

Registered Member
Had to rent a Volvo S90 to see how much I love the G50. Couldn't wait to get back in the G. S90 was impossible to drive with the single flat screen control cluster. Hyundai really nailed the driver interaction with the G IMO.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA

I had been driving a subaru STi for several years before an intolerable commute, and a blown rotator cuff, took the joy out of driving a car with a stick. I looked at other sporty cars, and quickly realized that anything approaching the performance I was used to was way out of my range. So I thought about getting a muscle car, but I've done that before, and what you're describing is exactly what is amazing about AWD.

So I decided to go to the other extreme: A very plush, comfortable car that would isolate me from the road as much as possible. Already had a BMW (which apparently stands for "Sell During Warranty" or something like that). Audi has a lot of nice cars but anything that could get my interest came close to the six-digit range. Looked at Lexus. Nice, but... I wanted "new car" smell, not "high margin". Caddy makes a couple nice cars, but again, they are pricey once you get out of the base models. Considered Acura anfaj'ised... oops, sorry, fell asleep on the keyboard. Where was I?

Read up on the genesis, and realized it was a bargain. Hyundai still hasn't figured out how to shed the low-buck image, and their dealerships practically scream "No FICO, no problem!"... and that's a problem when you're trying to sell a car with an MSRP that can easily get into the 60's.

I went in thinking I could swing a 3.8 with all the goodies, but they had a leftover '15 5.0 (this was april of '16), and for all their cheap furniture, they know how to price a car when a buyer walks in. They slid a number across the table and I did my best to keep a poker face on, but it was a done deal in that instant.

Have 25k miles on it now, and not a single complaint. (Okay, except that I forgot how quickly RWD cars with bizarre amounts of torque can eat through sticky, expensive tires.)

And a few months after I bought it, Hyundai casually says "oh, hey, here's a free update to all your nav stuff that also enables CarPlay". Eh? Adding value to a car that you've already sold me, without extracting every possible nickle????? That's.. insane! ... and also likely to earn you a lot of repeat buyers.

Favorite feature? The list is long, but I love being able to faux-rage when a vendor shows up to meet me and he's driving something expensive, and I can go into the rant about how his margins are too high, because "[he] drove here in (whatever), and I drove here in a f******* Hyundai!!"

.. and then remember to remotely start the car, with the AC set to 74? or 73 today. Yes, 73.

AWD would be a nice addition - don't think they had it (nor could I likely have swallowed the extra cost) - but maybe in.... 4 years or so. :)
Nicely written, I'm seeing the 5.0 with the AWD, where was this when I was getting my car.

Scottish Guy

Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
Plenty things to like.

Effortless Power Steering.
The rear/front/overhead cameras
Dipping door mirrors on reverse
The auto parking and exit systems
The rear window blind [ classy ]
The auto boot [ trunk ] open and close system.
Puddle light logo.
Seat memory.
The auto door closing system.
So many others.

jimmy buoy

Getting familiar with the group...
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type

Alright, I'll bite - Consider it "rubbed in"! My Canadian 5.0 with AWD "H-Track" is simply AWESOME in wet or dry!! Still hard to believe available only in Canada Eh? Pity.

waz

Registered Member
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I really appreciate the hood (or bonnet for you UKers) being sprung and not supported with a prop rod.

Also the full size spare.

milind

Atlanta
Genesis Model Type
Plenty things to like.

Effortless Power Steering.
The rear/front/overhead cameras
Dipping door mirrors on reverse
The auto parking and exit systems
The rear window blind [ classy ]
The auto boot [ trunk ] open and close system.
Puddle light logo.
Seat memory.
The auto door closing system.
So many others.
I feel adding rear seat and steering wheel heating only to AWDs assuming that cars with AWD are sold in colder regions with snow and so, other regions don't need it to be misguided. I live in Atlanta where it's hot most of the year, but in winters, the steering wheel heating on my Nissan Leaf was the thing I loved the most in the car. But at least the logic makes sense. I just don't understand why they provided the 360 camera only on the European version. Seems like a very useful feature anywhere in the world.

What is the Auto trunk close? My car (3.8 with Tech Package) can open the trunk, but not close it. I believe the Ultimate trim closes the trunk with a long press of the trunk button in the dash. Is that what you are referring to?

What is Auto door closing system?

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
California
This morning I was passed on the freeway by another 2015 5.0 (this one in grey) and I have to say, it’s still a very attractive-looking, head-turning vehicle, despite the design being 3+ years old. The look has held up very well and I find the styling quite appealing compared to a number of newer makes and models in its class...especially in black. ;)

Scottish Guy

Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
I feel adding rear seat and steering wheel heating only to AWDs assuming that cars with AWD are sold in colder regions with snow and so, other regions don't need it to be misguided. I live in Atlanta where it's hot most of the year, but in winters, the steering wheel heating on my Nissan Leaf was the thing I loved the most in the car. But at least the logic makes sense. I just don't understand why they provided the 360 camera only on the European version. Seems like a very useful feature anywhere in the world.

What is the Auto trunk close? My car (3.8 with Tech Package) can open the trunk, but not close it. I believe the Ultimate trim closes the trunk with a long press of the trunk button in the dash. Is that what you are referring to?

What is Auto door closing system?
Yes, the boot [ trunk ] opens fully via the remote, it also opens when the system senses you are standing within a couple of feet of the rear of the
car, it closes fully via a button on the trunk lid , so, yes you are correct, it's not really auto-close.

The Automatic Soft Door Close is when you have not closed the door fully, the system clicks it fully shut, works on all doors , very nifty.

milind

Atlanta
Genesis Model Type
Yes, the boot [ trunk ] opens fully via the remote, it also opens when the system senses you are standing within a couple of feet of the rear of the
car, it closes fully via a button on the trunk lid , so, yes you are correct, it's not really auto-close.

The Automatic Soft Door Close is when you have not closed the door fully, the system clicks it fully shut, works on all doors , very nifty.
Oh that's cool about the door. Didn't know that.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.