2015 Genesis "Likes":

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Man, a new like I have noticed for the last week or so.The 5.0 engine and 8 speed automatic overall.

This engine is extremely fast and very economical for such a powerful engine. I do use performance air filters and use Royal Purple really slippery gear oil in my rear differential, however the engine is just fast even in ECO mode and if I drive the speed limits I am averaging about 21-22 mpg in mixed city/highway driving on my commutes. Yet, even in ECO mode I can do rapid passes effortlessly. Sport mode is not even needed unless to really showoff. I love this engine!!! The transmission is just a smooth operator.

WOW, Hyundai really out did themselves with this well designed engine and transmission combo.

ldp82

Registered Member
Just picked up a 2015 5.0 Ultimate CPO. Flew to Atlanta GA early Saturday and drove to Hershey PA that evening. Returning to outside Boston before lunch Sunday. Car is fantastic on the highway! It shows its size on the back roads but that is to be expected. I was able to pair my phone and listen to an audio book on the ride home. The HUD, radar cruise and lane keep make for very relaxed long distance driving. I was dreading this drive but shouldn't have worried.

miwa

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I feel it's worth another kudo if it had. The other day, I was sitting there .. staring at the paddle shifters, thinking .. what's the point of this. 8 gears is just too much to flip through -- especially in South Florida where there are no hills nor twisties. So what else can I use it for.. humm.. a friend of mine loves to downshift while passing, that's a good use case. I do find that sometimes I need a quick downshift for passing because well, sport mode is too fuel expensive and eco mode, which I like to cruise in, feels a little too lazy sometimes? Now, until that moment, for some reason, I was under the wrong impression that one had to flip the gear shifter over to +/- before being able to use the paddles. In that line of thinking, using the paddles were pointless too because I had to do two motions to get what I want. For that, I can just shift over to +/- and downshift as well.

Wait, what if! What if I just flicked this left paddle while I'm cruising ... hol3y!@#$ .. mind blown, it just downshifted! WHILE the gear shifter is in D! The indicator showed 7. Did another just to verify and it surely dropped to 6! Wow, that's smart. real smart. So I flick the paddles around a little and then thought, well, heck, how do I get it back into auto? A few seconds tick by and I'm greeted with a D on the indicator. I'm floored again! It was like the car read my mind. THAT's ergonomics. On a level I didn't even expect. If this is how most paddle shifters in the industry work, I apologize for I was under a rock. My last car did not have paddle shifters AND, I probably glossed over that part of the manual for this one.

Now I'm just zipping by on opportunities that I used to let go because I was just too lazy for.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I feel it's worth another kudo if it had. The other day, I was sitting there .. staring at the paddle shifters, thinking .. what's the point of this. 8 gears is just too much to flip through -- especially in South Florida where there are no hills nor twisties. So what else can I use it for.. humm.. a friend of mine loves to downshift while passing, that's a good use case. I do find that sometimes I need a quick downshift for passing because well, sport mode is too fuel expensive and eco mode, which I like to cruise in, feels a little too lazy sometimes? Now, until that moment, for some reason, I was under the wrong impression that one had to flip the gear shifter over to +/- before being able to use the paddles. In that line of thinking, using the paddles were pointless too because I had to do two motions to get what I want. For that, I can just shift over to +/- and downshift as well.

Wait, what if! What if I just flicked this left paddle while I'm cruising ... hol3y!@#$ .. mind blown, it just downshifted! WHILE the gear shifter is in D! The indicator showed 7. Did another just to verify and it surely dropped to 6! Wow, that's smart. real smart. So I flick the paddles around a little and then thought, well, heck, how do I get it back into auto? A few seconds tick by and I'm greeted with a D on the indicator. I'm floored again! It was like the car read my mind. THAT's ergonomics. On a level I didn't even expect. If this is how most paddle shifters in the industry work, I apologize for I was under a rock. My last car did not have paddle shifters AND, I probably glossed over that part of the manual for this one.

Now I'm just zipping by on opportunities that I used to let go because I was just too lazy for.
LOL. You just educated me because I was thinking that you had to move the gear shifter to manual to use the paddle shifters as well. I may actually try using the paddle shifters more often since it is easier than I thought to use them on the fly. Thanks for the info.

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
I must admit that that aspect of the Genesis is one of the more annoying things about the car. If you operate the paddles when in D it only moves to a lower gear for a few seconds then goes back to D. , what is the point of that ? When I need a lower gear, I want it to remain there till I decide when I'm finished with it.

miwa

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
I must admit that that aspect of the Genesis is one of the more annoying things about the car. If you operate the paddles when in D it only moves to a lower gear for a few seconds then goes back to D. , what is the point of that ? When I need a lower gear, I want it to remain there till I decide when I'm finished with it.
So that's when I feel like it's time to swing the shifter left to "manumatic" mode instead of D. Aside from protection auto upshifts and downshifts, I'd imagine it would hold your gears. Because now you're making a conscious decision to pick your gears instead of a whimsy spur of the moment need.

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Even with all the stupid quirks, still gotta love the technology on these cars that make things easier. Got stuck in stop and go traffic on I90 west going toward Seattle, between the smart cruise control doing the stop and go and the updated 12.5 GPS software and traffic data. I was able to just sit there and see how much traffic is ahead at each point and where it will go back to normal and not having to hit the gas or brake for an hour in stop and go traffic really made this a pleasurable experience.

Def spoiled now and can't have another car in the future without these options.

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
Not sure I could trust the ACC to bring the car to a stop while doing the stop-go thing in traffic, does the ACC not cancel itself after the car has been stationary for a few seconds ?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
There are many threads on cabin squeaks / rattles on the Genesis sedan .
Somehow i dont hear them on my car , maybe the stereo system is so good that i am always listening to music . Its medically proven that with age men are more prone to hearing loss ... well maybe i am there .

The other day , in totally blocked evening office traffic , there was an ambulance trying to get past. I realized the ambulance is there when it was about 4 cars behind me . Its dead silent in the cabin . I love it .

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.