• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015 Genesis "Likes":

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My "like" is the rear cross traffic alert yesterday. I was backing out of my driveway and apparently the oncoming car was pacing itself perfectly with the B-pillar/headrest blind spot from my particular vantage point as I backed up. Saved my ass and theirs.

Secondgensedan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I have only had my car for a couple of weeks, but i am coming from a 2005 Pontiac GTO. Obviously the differences are huge between these two cars. 2015 3.8 RWD Ultimate. I have never owned a car this nice before. The GTO only had a TCS button, and that was about it. The Genesis is just oozing with features (and its already 4 /5 years old). Seems like i find a new feature every day, especially after reading through this entire thread. So far, i couldn't be happier with my choice. Hyundai did a great job with this vehicle and i really hope to keep it for quite some time.

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Funny, I went zippin' into the garage at work this morn and gave a quick horn tap to our top sales broker as he was exiting his newly leased F-Pace SVR, and not ~30 minutes later he comes into my office and says "That's quite the sharp looker you're driving there, very nice!" I just smiled and said, "I know." :cool:

Nothing like positive reinforcement. I enjoy that our Genny's are still just rare enough to make certain people ponder "What is that?"
LOL. One my coworkers saw me drive by her in my 2015 Genesis in the parking garage at work and she thought that I bought an new Audi. She asked me did I get a raise or something. I told her it was a Hyundai and she said stop lying. It was funny enough to be used in a Hyundai car commercial.

Trick25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
My parents, wife and me went on shoping trip(140 mile round trip). Wife gets motion sickness so she drove with mom up front. Dad(6 foot 2) and me (six one) sit in back. Dad told me “ man this car is nice, comfortable , smooth and quiet.” I looked over and seen him sneak a nap in on the way back to his place.

Last edited:

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
LOL. One my coworkers saw me drive by her in my 2015 Genesis in the parking garage at work and she thought that I bought an new Audi. She asked me did I get a raise or something. I told her it was a Hyundai and she said stop lying. It was funny enough to be used in a Hyundai car commercial.
I had someone in a trendy hotel valet line ask if it was the new Aston Martin 4 dr... The "deer in the headlight" look that I got from her when I said it was a Genesis was priceless....!

billybombill

Genesis Model Type
Perhaps a silly one, but the windshield washers. My Audi had these little ball-socket jets on each side that shot up (and over!) my car. They were a pain to try and adjust with a pin and get an acceptable trajectory. I was pretty happy the first time I went to use it in the Genesis and got a perfect mist over the windshield (and no longer firing beams of washer fluid at the car behind me). It's the little things!

More realistically though:
- 17 speaker system is quite capable even by audiophile standards
- Ivory leather cleans up really well and any stretch marks go away after some leather conditioner + heat, still looks good as new
- Ride quality is smooth as butter
- Sometimes I get comments about my "Bentley" and I feel rich for a moment
- HUD doesn't feel gimmicky and shows everything I could ask for, everyone who's driven it now wants one

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums