Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Even though the take rate may have still been low if they implemented the 6spd with the 3.3, it would have virtually ALL the auto enthusiasts would be raving about it, which in turn would have just driven even more sales over all (6spd or not). That said I agree. It would have worked in Genesis' favor to have given even just a limited run of 6spd 3.3's.

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, I'm trying to find a manual in the color I want. I was set on SI, but now I'm pretty sure I would pull the trigger on a MB, HR, or SS. There's only Black and Adriatic within 350 miles of me. A total of 4 cars to choose from.

But now with May's lease cash incentives and r_spec with the circle certificate, I'm thinking of going full 3.3 Sport now. I want to "save the manuals" but the choice is really limited in NorCal.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, I'm trying to find a manual in the color I want. I was set on SI, but now I'm pretty sure I would pull the trigger on a MB, HR, or SS. There's only Black and Adriatic within 350 miles of me. A total of 4 cars to choose from.

But now with May's lease cash incentives and r_spec with the circle certificate, I'm thinking of going full 3.3 Sport now. I want to "save the manuals" but the choice is really limited in NorCal.
Probably because nobody wants to commute to the city and deal with parking on hills in a manual

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My wife has a Miata with manual and it is perfect for that car. Perhaps better than for any other car. It is great fun and I drive it when I can with top down. For the main vehicle I have an auto and will stay that way.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Auto enthusiast are not like they used to be. Getting your license within a week of turning 16 was a rite of passage. Now kids wait a few years but would prefer the latest phone. Drive a stick shift? Never saw one.
Automatic trannys are also pretty darned good today, far from the 2 speed Power Glide of years ago. The real reason to have a stick shift today is just the fun of it. Fewer drivers today care about that. I'd consider it for a second car but no longer want stick for my daily driver.
Can't agree more. They need to make driving tests harder so everyone with the attention span of a goldfish is weeded out

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Probably because nobody wants to commute to the city and deal with parking on hills in a manual
Hahah it's doesn't help! It's unfortunate, it's clear the way it's going for the future of the manual, I would have loved to bought the manual in the color I wanted but no such luck and time was ticking in my particular situation. I couldn't hold out any longer hoping something would turn up and the current lease incentives added with "R_Spec's" Circle Plan A Certificate made for a good time to buy.

I will give detail as to my lease deal in some of the other threads when I have time later today. But I've pulled the trigger on the a 3.3 Sport - Siberian Ice with red stitching...

I won't dirty this manual thread with my presence any longer!!! :)

I'll end by saying 2 last things:
  • R_SPEC is "for real" and truly as "legit"as they come! If you're buying/leasing; seek him out!
  • I would have bought a manual if I could have gotten the color I wanted, I would be perfectly happy rowing my gears in the 2.0 with less amenities vs the auto 3.3.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think we're overlooking a big reason there's no manual on the 3.3: the current transmission on the 2.0 is almost certainly a carryover from the Genesis Coupe, and I'm highly skeptical that it could handle 370-some boosted lb-ft. of torque from the 3.3. I'm certain the cost wouldn't justify creating an entirely new transmission (or significantly upgraded one) just for the 3-5% of people who would buy them.

Not that more manuals are a BAD thing... as long as Porsche still offers a manual 911, I have something to continue to aspire to.