• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any high mileage Genesis owners out there??

laiyenha

Getting familiar with the group...
Atlanta, GA
Wife's car, 2011 4.6 bought new and now has 127K and still running fine. Had the alternator replaced a month ago. Yesterday car behind bumped the rear and the headrests deployed. Although I prefer to let the dealer fix the headrests and other slight damages, I couldn't let her drive around with the headrests like that in the mean time. So I searched this forum and found the reset procedure to fix the driver side's one only. Didn't want to reset both as there were some broken plastic bits.

AVMIII

Registered Member
My car was involved in a rear-end collision and both headrests were deployed. There were broken parts from both. I had them both replaced and the dealer had to reset them and do something to get the new ones recognized in the cars system software. There is some question as to the SRS system working properly if these headrests are not installed nor configured correctly. I just didn't want to risk it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums