• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis Owners: What vehicle did your Genesis replace?

Carguy55

G70 Design Edition in Clinton Township, MI
Clinton Township, Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My G70 Design Edition replaced a 2008 Corvette coupe that had been my foul weather DD since 2010. I'm not exactly Corvette-less as I still have my 2009 Corvette convertible that I hope to keep indefinitely!!
Enjoy,
Carguy55 DSC00494.JPG IMG_5384.JPG

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
2009 G37S. Loved that car and had zero issues with it. G70 is way more technology advanced than the Infiniti was. It certainly turns more heads than the Infiniti did. I can only hope my G70 holds up as well as my G37S did.
I too had a 2009 G37 sedan, but not the sport. Loved the car, super reliable and quick. In the base G80 now and enjoying the technology upgrade, quietness, and more room. It's not as fast as the G37, but neither am I...

Lzrada

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
This past Saturday, i traded in my 2017 G80 for a 2019 G90. Hard to part with the G80, but love the G90 all fhe same.

Mungo

Registered Member
San Diego
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The G70 in my near future will replace my current lease, a BMW 330ix GT. I think that I will miss the seating room, trunk, and slightly raised ride height, but I expect the G70 to be a better fit for my needs overall.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting how many Infiniti owners here moved to Genesis. I too had a G37S and really loved that car until some a-hole rear ended me and totaled it. Never had any issues in the 9 years I had my Infiniti. Hoping my G70 is very similar.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
That's too bad, you probably took good care of it, too. I kept meticulous care and all maintenance records of my G37. I've sold all my old cars myself, and of the 13 I've sold, I've sold it to the first person who looked at it. I detail them exceptionally and price appropriately, provide an Excel file of all records, receipts, provide both keys, the manuals, PDFs of the shop manuals, technical bulletins, recalls, even the original window sticker, and a copy of my original purchase paperwork. It's the new car experience for a used car price.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Oldman-Gen1

Registered Member
Central Coast, Ca
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Replaced a 2008 Toyota Corolla S with a 2013 Genesis Sedan 3.8, massive upgrade in all area's. Absolutely love this car, hopefully in the near future I will upgrade to a G80/G90.

Chrisjones1389

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I sold my Brand new at the time 2014 maxima s. I loved the car but for what is worth I'm in love love with my g80 had every option at half the cost. I got my g80 2015 for 22k with 27k miles as a lease drove 4 hours to get it. I look forward to new one in future.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's too bad, you probably took good care of it, too. I kept meticulous care and all maintenance records of my G37. I've sold all my old cars myself, and of the 13 I've sold, I've sold it to the first person who looked at it. I detail them exceptionally and price appropriately, provide an Excel file of all records, receipts, provide both keys, the manuals, PDFs of the shop manuals, technical bulletins, recalls, even the original window sticker, and a copy of my original purchase paperwork. It's the new car experience for a used car price.
We must be twins in a former life when it comes to our cars.

JonsGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
My Genesis replaced a '12 Ford Fusion. We actually still have it but my wife drives it now. Great car I just needed something bigger for my size and long commute.

Not my first Hyundai either. I had a '94 Elantra in high school. Learned how to drive a stick in that car.

Last edited:

lopedogg

Registered Member
BC, Canada
Genesis Model Type
My Genesis replaced a '12 Ford Fusion. We actually still have it but my wife drives it now. Great car I just needed something bigger for my size and long commute.

Not my first Hyundai either. I had a '94 Elantra in high school. Learned how to drive a stick in that car.
Same I had a 2001 Stick Accent out of high school, tore up the roads with that thing, part of the reason I was confident going with a genesis.

je2345

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
traded in 2016 Sonata Hybrid for 2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD. Love the performance but man do I miss the 40mpg/600 mi to the tank! Wanted to make sure I got CPO since my Sonata was purchased brand new and wanted to keep warranty.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
traded in 2016 Sonata Hybrid for 2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD. Love the performance but man do I miss the 40mpg/600 mi to the tank! Wanted to make sure I got CPO since my Sonata was purchased brand new and wanted to keep warranty.
I believe CPO is the way to go . I have a 15 5.0 I purchased in April, and just love the car!! Nice cars they are.

jaegertc

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another Indiniti G37S (2012) owner who went to Genesis (2020 G70 3.3t Sport). The Infiniti stays in the family, though - I have two 16 year olds taking their drivers test next month. 😬

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

jaegertc

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congratulations (I think) Two at once should be fun. I spoke to your insurance agent and he said one they are on the policy he can take that vacation in Tahiti.
Ugh. Calling the agent tomorrow to add the G70 to my policy (just got it yesterday) and will be asking for a quote to add the twins. I'll have to keep some nitro pills handy.

TinsleyC

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
When I added my teens, years ago, my agent said "just get a car you can afford to lose, and put liability-only on it".

He also said that girls get into fender benders in parking lots, but boys just total the car. So, I bought my daughter a four year old Civic, and my son a seven year old Sentra.

My son totaled the Sentra in the 2nd year, and my daughter's boyfriend totaled her Civic in year 3. Guess my agent was right.

Rates were not that bad.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums