• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis Owners: What vehicle did your Genesis replace?

PL718

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Traded in my wife’s 2010 Nissan Maxima SV. Just shy of 100k on the ODO.

Could have driven it into the ground but became obsessed with the G70. And I was worried the CVT could have developed an issue and I’d lose any trade-in value the car had. Well, at least that’s how I sold it to the wife:p

The Maxima was a great car. Tons of room, compliant ride, and was “quick” around town. No maintenance issues with it.

bbisaga

St.Louis County, MO
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I am currently 20 and have owned 4 cars. First I got a 2007 Infiniti G35X. Bought it in August of 2017 and loved it but sadly I got rear ended 2 months later on Halloween. After that in January of 2018 I bought a 2007 Infiniti G35 coupe. I owned it for a year and a half and enjoyed it. As a highschool student I did some modifications that I partially regretted but still enjoyed either way. I chose to sell it to a friend in late July of 2019 because I missed having a the sedan and I found one I really liked. So after some delays in August of 2019 I bought a 2008 Infiniti G35XS sedan. Absolutely loved it, I drove it all the time, did some modifications, and it reminded me how much I loved Infiniti sedans. Then after 2 months of owning it I got rear ended again, this time on my birthday in mid October. After some searching and thinking I really wanted a V8 sedan. Something responsibly priced and reliable. The ladder was the challenging part. With late 2000's BMW 550i's, Mercades 550's with a choice in body style and some GM and Dodge cars in my range It was either slightly more reliable but more expensive American Muscle, or sporty, less reliable, older German cars. The Hyundai Genesis 5.0 hit the perfect spot of performance, price, comfort, and reliability that made the most sense to me. I would say the only down side is the aftermarket support, but its a blessing in disguise since it also helps me save my money. Im probably going to do exhaust a leave it at that for now as I go through school. So far a love my Genesis and hope it serves me well for years to come.

Jebblue

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I am currently 20 and have owned 4 cars. First I got a 2007 Infiniti G35X. Bought it in August of 2017 and loved it but sadly I got rear ended 2 months later on Halloween. After that in January of 2018 I bought a 2007 Infiniti G35 coupe

As far as I am concerned you are just a kid. Normally I’d tell you to butt out, this is man talk. But you are not normal. You are exceptional in fact. A master of man talk. I Look forward to your posts or maybe a pic or two.

Attachments

carljr101

Hasn't posted much yet...
I’ve had the 2012 Genesis R Spec sedan as my first Hyundai and then traded it in for the 2016 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 sedan, which I still have. Purchased the G70 Sport 3.3T June of 2019 and I LOVE IT

TriG80

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I had a 2017 Chevrolet Malibu LT, It was my baby but unfortunately around the end of January 2020 was involved in a forward collision where the other drive did not yield to oncoming traffic and turned in front of me and totaled both of our cars. A week ago I purchased a CPO 2017 Genesis G80 Premium with under 30K miles and I absolutely love it. I’ve been keeping my eye on them since 2015, and I officially turn 19 today. :) 3F85D0A8-0D7A-440D-97E4-02CB451CC82F.jpeg 5719011A-E1EE-455E-A0AF-1EF9CE054BC7.jpeg

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I replaced my 2006 Acura RL with the G70 3.3T Sport AWD. Still have the Acura as my drive around town car. Unfortunately, I have to park it outside now that I have the G70 in the garage. It's been garaged for 13 years, and I have socially distanced my car whenever I parked. it still looks like its off the showroom floor. I do worry that it will degrade outdoors. I bought Heat Shield sun shades, so that should help some. I also have a cover but what a PITA that is to put on.

Never owned a Hyundai product before.

Last edited:

Howie Feltersnatch

Registered Member
Calgary
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a 2017 Chevrolet Malibu LT, It was my baby but unfortunately around the end of January 2020 was involved in a forward collision where the other drive did not yield to oncoming traffic and turned in front of me and totaled both of our cars. A week ago I purchased a CPO 2017 Genesis G80 Premium with under 30K miles and I absolutely love it. I’ve been keeping my eye on them since 2015, and I officially turn 19 today. :) View attachment 27798 View attachment 27797
This is your car at 19. well done. This will certainly show my age, but at 19, i might still have been driving my first car, dark brown VW Rabbit. good times indeed. LOL.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums