• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis Owners: What vehicle did your Genesis replace?

Fingers McGee

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Simple question, what vehicle did your Genesis replace? I'm curious to see how many of you owned a Hyundai prior to purchasing the Genesis. For those of you who are coming from another brand, please specify if this is your first Hyundai vehicle. If not, please list what Hyundai(s) you've owned previously.

Thanks! :)

As for me, the Genesis was a direct replacement for my 2006 Honda Pilot. Since my better half now also drives an SUV, I didn't see the need to have two utility vehicles in our household, plus I missed the luxury of my former car (GS430). When I need to take the dogs somewhere or haul something large/bulky I'll just use our Outlander. ;) The Genesis is my first Hyundai vehicle.
2017 Honda Accord Sport, and I couldn't be happier to get rid of it. Cheap build quality plastic everywhere and the paint job was terrible.

DSXMachina

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)

16UltV6Guy

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Came from a Nissan Maxima.

This is my first Hyundai.

Cross shopped cars (CPO only) included Lexus GS350's and Audi A4/S4's, but the Genesis offered much better value. Soon as I test drove it, I knew I wanted it. So far, very happy with it.

QuikZ06

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My G80 replaced my 16 Accord Touring. That car was nice when brand new, but just after two years it started riding really rough, hard to explain. I actually hated driving it. Loving the G80 so far, love having a V8.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
2002 Concorde Limited (100k) - wouldn't have sold it if they hadn't quit making parts for it.
1566300591095.png

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
My 2015 Genesis replaced my old 2014 Buick Lacrosse Premium. The Buick was nice and also had the same options as my 2015 Genesis 5.0 Ultimate except for the V8 power and power trunk. However, the Buick was a flex fuel vehicle so I did use E85 which gave it a bit more punch. The Buick even had electronic adaptive suspension which made it handle very good for a large car on stock 20in wheels. If the Buick would have had an V8 or turbo six engine with more power I would still have it.

Here is my old Buick after I installed a white UR racing strut bar on it. I do miss it:(

The interior. The Buick had HUD, blind spot montoring, cooled seats and a customizable digital cluster. Nice car for the money.

Last edited: