Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

unclejunebug

Hasn't posted much yet...
CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I too did my own double take the other day as a KIA Stinger GT made a left turn through the intersection I was stopped at. Pretty sweet looking car.

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
California
The 5.0 is a sleeper sports sedan which is very comfortable to drive.
This.
For long road trips, the 5.0 is a real pleasure to drive: roomy, comfortable, quiet. If one needs the power (passing, merging or simply opening up on a barren stretch of country road), the V8 provides ample power and growl to get you moving at a moment’s notice.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
TEXAS
The look I got from a new Mustang owner next to me when I rocketed from a stoplight next to him. I only accelerated to 40 mph but the car got there fairly quickly. He looked very confused at the next light.:)

I do not think that he knew a Genesis sedan could move that fast. Hell, I only learned recently that the Genesis 5.0 had 420hp just before buying this one.

The 5.0 is a sleeper sports sedan which is very comfortable to drive.
Just sitting in a parking lot, listening to music ( wife was shopping in a store I had no interest in going into ). Really nice looking Mustang GT in next spot. The Mustang owner walked up to his car, and I called out " Nice looking car. ". His instant reply was " Yours too, care to trade? ".

Tuckerdog1

unclejunebug

Hasn't posted much yet...
CA
Genesis Model Type
Had a picture of my badge taken today.
I was stopped for gas and a guy comes us to me and asks if he can take a photo of the wings. He said he's had some discussions with his brother if they were Chrysler or Bentley wings. I guess that is now settled.
Hahahaha! At least they can take solace in the fact that in both cases, the other guy wasn't right either :D

Gen127

California
Had a picture of my badge taken today.
I was stopped for gas and a guy comes us to me and asks if he can take a photo of the wings. He said he's had some discussions with his brother if they were Chrysler or Bentley wings. I guess that is now settled.
The ‘Bentley’ confusion I get (very similar at a distance), as with the Aston-Martin logo as well. But the slim, wide Chrysler wings bear a marginal resemblance to the Gen logo. However, the majority of folks out there are vastly more familiar with Chrysler vs the other two makes.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Just sitting in a parking lot, listening to music ( wife was shopping in a store I had no interest in going into ). Really nice looking Mustang GT in next spot. The Mustang owner walked up to his car, and I called out " Nice looking car. ". His instant reply was " Yours too, care to trade? ".

Tuckerdog1
I do not blame him. The Genesis 5.0 is only about a half second slower and handles just as good as the Mustang GT unless the Mustang have the track package, yet the Genesis is larger and most likely more comfortable. I know for a fact that the Mustang do not have a power trunk option.:)

If I would have to spend $50k on a ride, then I would pick the Genesis 5.0 hands down over the Mustang GT.

However, the Mustang GT is sexy as hell.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
The ‘Bentley’ confusion I get (very similar at a distance), as with the Aston-Martin logo as well. But the slim, wide Chrysler wings bear a marginal resemblance to the Gen logo. However, the majority of folks out there are vastly more familiar with Chrysler vs the other two makes.
Whether they be Bentley, Aston, or Chrysler wings (nevermind Mini, Austin-Healey or others), they are each different from the Genesis wings.

Gen127

California
Whether they be Bentley, Aston, or Chrysler wings (nevermind Mini, Austin-Healey or others), they are each different from the Genesis wings.
no doubt they are different (they even say ‘Genesis’ in the logo), but the overall shape and winged design is similar enough to a Bentley, Aston, etc. to elicit comparison or even mistaken identification at a distance. Side by side, the differences are more apparent.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
The Genesis wing logo looks nothing like the Bentley wing logo. Bentley logo wings has detailed feathers. The Chrysler wing logo is much longer than the Genesis wing logo, however it does have a similar design style as the Genesis which is just stretched.

So I would say that the Genesis winged logo has a similar shape as the Bentley winged logo, but has a shorter wing design of Chrysler's winged logo.

However, the logos are not the same besides being wings which is notable up close and/or afar to a very knowledgable car person.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
no doubt they are different (they even say ‘Genesis’ in the logo), but the overall shape and winged design is similar enough to a Bentley, Aston, etc. to elicit comparison or even mistaken identification at a distance. Side by side, the differences are more apparent.
Yes, but the Genesis wings are no more similar to a Bentley, Aston, Chrysler, etc. than the Aston wings are to the Bentley or the Chrysler to the Aston, etc.

Just saying Genesis is similar simply due to being a winged emblem is pretty weak as plenty of automakers have used winged badges.

Aside from the aforementioned and Austin-Healey and Mini, Ford used a variety of winged emblems for the Thunderbird, along w/ coachbuilders like Carrozzeria Touring Superleggera.

arni0202

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I am new to having a nice looking car.
Before this was a 2008 mazda3 that blended in with the crowd(though I loved the hell out of that thing)
A few incidents of compliments:

1.) Girlfriends coworkers son saw the car and looked it up and down and said, "That's a nice car"

2.) Friends riding in the back were in awe of the glass roof. One friend has a Mercedes and he said the Genesis was very very nice.

3.) Girlfriends brothers friend said, "you've got a really nice car man"

I've never been one to have a flashy car, or get one and want compliments, so they're still surprising to me.
But they sure do feel nice to receive.

Honorable mentions, coworker I showed loved the luxury and my dad was impressed.

arni0202

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Posting a photo of it on my facebook, a lot of non-car type people did say "IS THAT A BENTLEY" they are fools but the confusion over the wings is definitely there lulz.

Gen127

California
Friend of mine told me it looks like a Chrysler 300
I do seem to hear that quite a bit.

A guy who parked his black 300 just as I was getting out of my car next to him, emerged and said with a smile, “Hey, we’re practically twins...”
I grinned at him and thought to myself “Isn’t it still illegal to operate a motor vehicle in the state of California if one is legally blind?”

Last edited:

the.tru.albertan

Genesis Model Type
Entered into a roundabout recently and I heard some guy from some direction yelling "Hey! Nice car!" I live in a somewhat rural area so it was kind of funny to hear this voice coming from somewhere. Never actually saw the guy, only heard his yelling. I just yelled out my window "Thanks!" as I left the roundabout.

Kyser_Soze

Registered Member
Missoula, Montana
Genesis Model Type
I went to Texas to retrieve my just purchased car and drive 1700 miles home. I pulled into a gas station in my black Genesis and at the pump on the opposite side was a gentleman pumping gas into his black Altima and his jaw literally dropped open when he saw my car pulling up. I get the same feeling every time I look at my car! BTW, I've never seen one in my state of Montana.