Hyundai Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

unclejunebug

Hasn't posted much yet...
CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Backwards facing hat, youth, dark widows and playing loud music makes you a drug dealer?? Damn, that would be most young people in my area covering many different ethnic backgrounds playing loud music ranging from country to rap.:)
It's the music that makes the distinction. If you're listening to rap you're a drug dealer. If you're listening to country music you just have really bad taste in music :ROFLMAO:.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Oh! I see.

What about rock music?

LOL. I know a surgeon that likes to play hip hop, country, and rock music during operations. I will ask if he is secretly a drug dealer with very poor taste in music when I work with him again in the OR.:)

unclejunebug

CA
Genesis Model Type
Oh! I see.

What about rock music?

LOL. I know a surgeon that likes to play hip hop, country, and rock music during operations. I will ask if he is secretly a drug dealer with very poor taste in music when I work with him again in the OR.:)
Hahaha!

To be clear, I have nothing against Rock music or Hip Hop for that matter, just Country music. If someone wants to like it that's their prerogative, but it's my personal hell.

Vaidhy

Getting familiar with the group...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
A few days ago I saw a guy stranded on the side of a residential area so I pulled over to help him out. All he needed was a jump start and after driving up to his open hood and searching under my hood for the battery :doh: I realized it is in the trunk. So gave him a jump, all is well and I go on my way. That's when my friend shares his conversation with the guy as I was figuring out the missing case of battery. Apparently he has been waiting for awhile for someone to help and when he saw my car he thought "There is no way this Mercedes is gonna stop!".

Well it is not a great compliment as compliments go but in a weird way, it still put a smile on my face that he thought I am in a snob-car! :D

miwa

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
It does have quite a few similarities to the newer 200 (especially by the C Pillar, C Pillar window, edged rear fender panels, almost fastback rear window, short trunk, bumper, even the beltline on the sides and handles).... my buddy thought the same in a dim garage at first glance. At first I didn't see it, but tailing a 200 for a while made me realize.

Siblings? Maybe. Lost brother from another mother. AAAND they both came out in 2015. hmm. :unsure:

Last edited:

ldp82

Registered Member
It does have quite a few similarities to the newer 200 (especially by the C Pillar, C Pillar window, edged rear fender panels, almost fastback rear window, short trunk, bumper, even the beltline on the sides and handles).... my buddy thought the same in a dim garage at first glance. At first I didn't see it, but tailing a 200 for a while made me realize.

Siblings? Maybe. Lost brother from another mother. AAAND they both came out in 2015. hmm. :unsure:
It is like the automotive equivalent of the movie twins

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
Which came first the chicken or the egg lol. But didn't they hire a Audi designer or was that just interior, because the inside screams Audi.

letapragas

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Re: 2015 Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

I think it's the other way around, at least for me. There have been so many, (many already posted here and elsewhere), that there's not really anything left to add. Too many cases of "Is that a Bentley?" and "What model Aston Martin is that?" to mention. :)

PS: FWIW, I may be a bit prejudiced, but I saw a black Maserati sedan yesterday that IMO didn't look near as good as our black Gennys.
My neighbor thought I bought a Bentley when I unlocked it and the Genesis side door mirror projected logo.. No lie upgrading from a 2002 Honda Civic EX I felt like I'd bought a Bentley!

bigdaveinomaha

Registered Member
Just got my '15 HTRAC in Ibiza delivered yesterday. Took two good friends for a drive. I let both take turns at the wheel. One of them drives a $90k BMW 550x drive. He was really impressed with the handling in the Twisties. Said it's pleasantly quick even though he's used to 450 HP. Both walked away impressed.

Head high, Chin up, chest out:)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

kocyk123

Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type
My company borrows a parking lot from another company. They never remove snow from that lot so I always park there for a known reason lol. When I got to work today in the morning, I did literally half a donut and pulled into the parking spot. An hour later someone asks me if I know anyone who drives Chrysler 300 in my company. I said no because there is no one here driving one. Then they said that the person is driving recklessly on their parking lot and doing donuts... I was like wow first of all, I was not reckless and did half a donut (gently, not flooring and redlining my car) and second of all, how could you call my Genny a Chrysler... :( I had to explain my boss and then he said he does donuts there too lol

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.