Hyundai Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Rapid City
Couple days ago, I was a traffic light. Traffic from the left and right had the right of way. A guy in a work truck with a flat bed in place of a tub turned as he drove past. Kept looking at him and he was probably around a 45 degree angle when he looked back again. I'm sure he didn't know what it was.

As a car guy, I like breaking necks. Or what others say - rubbernecking LOL

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Our G80 Sport is our third Genny and, so far, has generated even more glances, looks and stares and questions and comments than our other two (and they caused quite a few). Probably the biggest reason is that here in the "Motor City" area they're not all that common. I see one every day or two, but I don't think I've seen a G80 Sport at all on the road. It's fun to see 'em stare. :)

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I stopped counting how many complements my car gets...pretty much every time I drive it around I get thumbs up, when I stop at the gas station, store parking lots, etc. The G80 Sport is not easy to blend in, especially this sexy Havana Red, though :cool:

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
LOL. The pretty lady at the restaurant drive thru gave me my order and asked could she have my car because it looks good and she want it?:)

This stuff always happens when my wife is not in the car.:devilish:

This car gets looks everywhere I go especially when I clean it up like I did last week.

arni0202

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
This weekend, two friends enjoyed having a drive around the block in my "new" 2015 3.8L AWD Caspian Black Genesis filled to the gills with all the creature comfort packages.

Neither of them being a super car-guy but they appreciated the pep of the car and as with most people they were in awe of the split open panoramic glass roof.

Unrelated and not really a compliment/stare/double-take, I've had the car now for about a month and I still catch myself looking out the window at the beautiful and sleek lines. I valeted for 9 years 2003-2012 and I saw countless cars that cost much much oh so much more than this car and honestly not many cars carry such elegance and effortless badassery.
It has the presence of a big Audi or BMW (thankfully without the pricetag) I liken it to the A8 the most, granted I don't believe it's that long. The slope of the back is just perfection to me. I absolutely loved the look of my Dark Grey 2008 Mazda3 GT hatch and this Genesis out of only a few cars in the world, has topped that (for me).

Cheers

miwa

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
pfft. 3 months in and I'm the only one admiring my car. In my area of South Florida where every 4th car is a luxury marque, these things are a dime for half dozen. Especially now that there are bargain hunters like me getting in on the game. I saw 4 just yesterday.

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
California
I found myself actually doing a 'double-take' on a long drive through traffic in Silicon Valley on Monday. Passing me on the inside lane (albeit slowly in traffic) was another 2015 Gen 5.0 in Caspian Black—near identical to mine (no personalized Legacy plates on his, however). This is the first time I've seen this model (5.0) in my same year, in the same color. Not too many 5.0s around. I have to admit— it was a sweet-looking ride! :love:
genny_blk.jpg

kocyk123

Hasn't posted much yet...
Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type
Went out for lunch with two co-workers and as soon as we started driving, front passenger said "wake me up when we get there... Wow so quiet.".

I also had my wife follow me for couple minutes on the way to work and she texted me few minutes later saying that we have a beautiful car.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
I found myself actually doing a 'double-take' on a long drive through traffic in Silicon Valley on Monday. Passing me on the inside lane (albeit slowly in traffic) was another 2015 Gen 5.0 in Caspian Black—near identical to mine (no personalized Legacy plates on his, however). This is the first time I've seen this model (5.0) in my same year, in the same color. Not too many 5.0s around. I have to admit— it was a sweet-looking ride! :love:
View attachment 15182
LOL. I used to feel my black 5.0 was unique until I found out someone who works in the same hospital as me has the same exact looking black 5.0 model as me and had the nerve to reverse park the same way in the parking stall right next to me. The only difference is that I have carbon fiber pillar trim.

It is funny because I do remember seeing a person in a scrub uniform checking my car out a few weeks ago in the parking deck, so I guess they pulled the trigger and bought a 5.0 Genesis for themselves.:)

I appreciate that my car is gaining attention, but I hate not being unique though.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Rapid City
LOL. I used to feel my black 5.0 was unique until I found out someone who works in the same hospital as me has the same exact looking black 5.0 model as me and had the nerve to reverse park the same way in the parking stall right next to me. The only difference is that I have carbon fiber pillar trim.

It is funny because I do remember seeing a person in a scrub uniform checking my car out a few weeks ago in the parking deck, so I guess they pulled the trigger and bought a 5.0 Genesis for themselves.:)

I appreciate that my car is gaining attention, but I hate not being unique though.
That’s funny you pointed out they parked just like you did LOL of course they are going to do that. They know what car you have and it acts as a “nod” to you.

Trust me, I know what you mean about not being unique anymore. Today, while driving, I saw two Genesis’ within 3 miles of each other. They were both out of state plates (MN and CO). But, we are still unique and we have one of the cleanest and elegant looking sedans on the market :cool:

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
That’s funny you pointed out they parked just like you did LOL of course they are going to do that. They know what car you have and it acts as a “nod” to you.

Trust me, I know what you mean about not being unique anymore. Today, while driving, I saw two Genesis’ within 3 miles of each other. They were both out of state plates (MN and CO). But, we are still unique and we have one of the cleanest and elegant looking sedans on the market :cool:
You are right we do have one of the nicest looking rides on the road.

In regards to my clone at work, it did look cool when both of the black Genesis sedans where side by side. I do see it parked everyday I work, but never got a look at the owner yet.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Some people think I'm a drug dealer. hahaha. Young guy, backwards hat, music blasting, window tint.
Backwards facing hat, youth, dark widows and playing loud music makes you a drug dealer?? Damn, that would be most young people in my area covering many different ethnic backgrounds playing loud music ranging from country to rap.:)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.