Hyundai Genesis: post up your compliments/stares/double takes thread

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
Got a compliment on my car today. From the Genesis dealer of all places. It is Adriatic blue. Two guys really liked it as said all the see is black, white, silver, and a few red.

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Having taken the HYUNDAI logo off the trunk lid, I still get asked what make it is.

The interior and upholstery impress the most, also the " soft close " doors.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Had a "grandpa" aged gentleman stop me at the gas station over the weekend to ask what kind of car it was. Said it "looked sharp". Asked how much they go for and if I like the inside. LOL

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
I'm roughly 5 weeks into my '16 Ibiza Blue and have received three separate praises about what a "great blue" she is, with one seeing the Ivory interior and just remarking in a long slow "Wooooowww"... She's making Daddy proud lol.

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis G70
For my Canuck owners, I was having a coffee in Timmies recently and several OPP left Tims after their coffees but saw my G70 in parking lot - one did a walk around 360. Couldn’t hear what was said but they were clearly impressed. Luckily they were not up the road later as I may have exceeded the speed limit slightly. ;)

lopedogg

Registered Member
BC, Canada
For my Canuck owners, I was having a coffee in Timmies recently and several OPP left Tims after their coffees but saw my G70 in parking lot - one did a walk around 360. Couldn’t hear what was said but they were clearly impressed. Luckily they were not up the road later as I may have exceeded the speed limit slightly. ;)
As a fellow Canuck I had a slimier experience, went to pick my wife up and there was an RCMP cruzer sitting on a side road by a construction area, on the way back he pulled out behind me then just followed me for a few turns until I went into a drive through. Not positive what he was doing but I was thinking he was pulling the plate to see what kind of car it was. There is only one other one in my town that I have seen.

Other wise had a friend over from the city and he knew what it was and wanted to check it out cuz he had never been in one. Liked it a lot.

ntmehan

Registered Member
Dropped my 2015 5.0 Ultimate off at the dealer on Friday and they gave me the new (literally my dealer's second Genesis loaner, the only other one they have in service is a base, pearl white G70) G80 Sport package (don't misunderstand, it's not the 3.3TT, just the base 3.8 with a package that makes it look cool) loaner. Back in the area of town that I drive mine regularly (and mine's the same color as this loaner, Empire State Grey) this family (in a Sentra) were all breaking their necks I guess trying to figure out what I was driving. The kid in the back seat was trying to take a picture with his phone. It was really hilarious, but where's the love for my 5-year-old 5.0!? It's actually fast for what it is. Lol! I do LOVE the Sport front fascia! Anybody successfully retrofitted yet? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Andyj

Registered Member
Got stares and questions from a guy with a new Lexus LS500 at the Costco gas station about our 2015 Empire State Grey Ultimate. Sheesh. Like they've never seen a Genesis sedan. 4 years old and still gets attention. That Lexus is sharp.

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Some young woman: "OMG this is a Genesis!"
Me: "It is, yup."
Woman: "I love these cars! I love Genesis!"
Me: "Nice."
Woman: "I will f*** any guy who owns a Genesis. You own a Genesis, I will you f*** you."
Me: .........

Wow, pretty forward.
So, did the story end there? ;)

lopedogg

Registered Member
BC, Canada
Some young woman: "OMG this is a Genesis!"
Me: "It is, yup."
Woman: "I love these cars! I love Genesis!"
Me: "Nice."
Woman: "I will f*** any guy who owns a Genesis. You own a Genesis, I will you f*** you."
Me: .........

Wow, pretty forward.
I think you won this thread LOL

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Yah she was outside a local nightclub. About 20 years old. Blonde hair. Cocktail dress as one would think how this generation would dress for going out for a night on the town. She asked for my phone number but turned sour when I said I was engaged to be wed.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Got a compliment on my car today. From the Genesis dealer of all places. It is Adriatic blue. Two guys really liked it as said all the see is black, white, silver, and a few red.
In my area, those are the colors you normally see a Genesis/G80 in. My parking deck where I work have about five black Genesis that I noticed including my own with three being 5.0 models again like my own. To add injury to insult, a nurse that I work with parks his black 3.8 right next to my car nearly every night. I always joke about how he has great taste in cars when when meet up by our cars in the garage.:)

White and black are the most seen on the road hand down. I have never noticed a blue one anywhere in area.

kayej

Genesis G80
Guy in the parking lot comes up to me and says "I didn't know they made a Bentley in that color". Mine is a 2019 Havana Red G80 Sport and it is a real head turner.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums