• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015/2016 Generation Genesis "Dislikes"

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

idlemind

Hasn't posted much yet...
Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Sure, very convenient and I use it all the time. But. . . you said you want to be able to lock the glove box to secure the trunk. The button in the glove box does that. I opened the truk 3 times today and did not have to lean over, open the glove box, then open the trunk. This gives the best of both. Convenience what you want it, security too.
Absolutely. :)

unclejunebug

CA
Genesis Model Type
I dislike the inconsistent boot time of the on-board computer system/display. Sometimes I'll start the car and the display will show the "Don't drive like an idiot" screen for what seems like 30-45 seconds before I can even hit the "Confirm" button. Other times it seems to take 5-10 seconds.

I have a co-worker who bought a new Mustang GT last year and has the same gripe so I don't think it's specific to the Genesis, but It seems like with today's technology there shouldn't be nearly as much variation in boot time as there is.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

unclejunebug

CA
Genesis Model Type
If you read the Federal regulations for automobiles, one of the things required is that no matter the electronics, the car must be drive-able in X seconds after starting. I never hit the "Confirm" button and just drive away and let it boot and go out after whatever time it is set for. Only exception is if I want to put something in the navigation before driving away.

I guess if you are hooking up ACP or AA it can bother, otherwise, just ignore and drive away.
The car is certainly drive-able within a short period of time, the main hangup for me is the phone connection. I never drive anywhere without listening to music on my phone. Sometimes it's over Bluetooth and other times over AA. I could immediately drive away and deal with my phone at the same time but I prefer not to take unnecessary risks, so sit and wait I must :D.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Great White

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Has anyone ever tried to add some USB’s to the rear, say center console under the fans? Or...?

Aside: ran into very successful guy ($3K suit, fine Italian shoes, perfect hair, watch worth more than me, etc.) hooping out of new G90. So being the quiet humble type, I turned and chatting with him. He leases this car versus a Benz. Dealer owner is a friend of his and talked him out of it. He likes it much, especially the price. His only quick grip was where is the s

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Has anyone ever tried to add some USB’s to the rear, say center console under the fans? Or...?

Aside: ran into very successful guy ($3K suit, fine Italian shoes, perfect hair, watch worth more than me, etc.) hooping out of new G90. So being the quiet humble type, I turned and chatting with him. He leases this car versus a Benz. Dealer owner is a friend of his and talked him out of it. He likes it much, especially the price. His only quick grip was where is the s
Yes, I have a couple USB ports on my rear seat headrest monitors. However, no one ever use them to charge their phones, but they are there if anyone needs them I suppose.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
My head unit decided not to display a camera image anymore. Replaced the camera, techs looks at all wiring, and said it was good to go. After replacing the camera, it decided to have two parking lines, one stationary and one that moves but has a blue screen. To my surprise, Hyundai is paying for the head unit ($2400) but I have to front the labor costs. I'm outside of the electronics warranty so kudos to Hyundai. Everything else works besides the camera so that's probably why they agreed.

Point being is that there are quite a few issues with my car but they are being taken care of. I don't like to have it in the shop since I'm paying to drive this car but it keeps the miles off of it and I get a loaner. May be looking into another car if things keep arising.

A7? Giulia? Stinger? G80 Sport? Hmmm.... Come on Pearl, hold out so I can keep you LOL

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
Get the G80 Sport, add JB4 tune to it and you'll be happy as F! haha

I'll have my car on dyno on thursday, hopping to see some good numbers, though.
I've learned if I buy a performance car, I'll want it to be faster. My C6 was quick, but there was always a car faster than I was. If you can't beat them, take yourself out of the equation LOL I wouldn't treat any of the cars listed in that way. Only grand touring and eating up the miles.
To each his own, but the front end of the Giulia is hideous. :sick:
Probably the most appealing part of the car, IMO. Reliability would be my concern.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
I've learned if I buy a performance car, I'll want it to be faster. My C6 was quick, but there was always a car faster than I was. If you can't beat them, take yourself out of the equation LOL I wouldn't treat any of the cars listed in that way. Only grand touring and eating up the miles.

Probably the most appealing part of the car, IMO. Reliability would be my concern.
Your comment is so true. No matter how fast the car you have is; you will always want a newer faster car. I used to think that a car that do 0-60 in 5 seconds was fast enough, now I want a car that can do 0-60 in 4 1/2 seconds, then it would be 3 seconds and so forth.

Plus, newer models of the car you have are usually going to be faster, so you will never have the fastest car for long even if you bought a Ferrari.:)

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
Your comment is so true. No matter how fast the car you have is; you will always want a newer faster car. I used to think that a car that do 0-60 in 5 seconds was fast enough, now I want a car that can do 0-60 in 4 1/2 seconds, then it would be 3 seconds and so forth.

Plus, newer models of the car you have are usually going to be faster, so you will never have the fastest car for long even if you bought a Ferrari.:)
Jack Baruth, a Road & Track journalist, dubbed the name "Hayabusa Effect".

At first, we'll like the new and engaging characteristics of a performance car. However, as time goes on, we'll get used to it. Then we'll want something quicker. And then quicker.... And quicker yet. My needs and wants will never be satisfied so I went a different route with the Genesis: comfort and convenience.

RonzGenesis

South East USA
Genesis Model Type
Takes a good while to feel and judge the width of the car; not easy to see the end of fenders when navigating tight spots. ALSO I wish the '15, '16 Genie had a split rear seat. The pass through is OK for occasional use but a split Fold Down Rear Seat would be very useful. MEANWHILE.... the one thing that totally erks me: On rare occasions I'll notice the physical analog clock has the incorrect time. When I start the engine, that CLOCK RUNS BACKWARDS to the correct (real) time. No one, my dealer, Hyundai corporate, or Forum Readers can say ( with high confidence or certainty) what that (glitch?) is all about. Any help appreciated on this one.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

fonque

MD
Genesis Model Type
My head unit decided not to display a camera image anymore. Replaced the camera, techs looks at all wiring, and said it was good to go. After replacing the camera, it decided to have two parking lines, one stationary and one that moves but has a blue screen. To my surprise, Hyundai is paying for the head unit ($2400) but I have to front the labor costs. I'm outside of the electronics warranty so kudos to Hyundai. Everything else works besides the camera so that's probably why they agreed.

Point being is that there are quite a few issues with my car but they are being taken care of. I don't like to have it in the shop since I'm paying to drive this car but it keeps the miles off of it and I get a loaner. May be looking into another car if things keep arising.

A7? Giulia? Stinger? G80 Sport? Hmmm.... Come on Pearl, hold out so I can keep you LOL
I just had this exact same issue fixed at the dealer. I am picking my car up today. I was covered under CPO warranty thankfully.

fonque

MD
Genesis Model Type
the "analog" clock is a actually a digital clock that gets its signal from the multimedia system. You cannot set the analog dash clock separately from the clock displayed on the screen.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
I just had this exact same issue fixed at the dealer. I am picking my car up today. I was covered under CPO warranty thankfully.
What was the issue? I took mine in, AGAIN, this morning. A tech from Montana had to be sourced since there isn’t a Hyundai dealership within 340 miles. Result? They are replacing the camera, AGAIN.

I have a loaner. I’m keeping miles off of mine. I’m not too worried if it gets fixed. If it isn’t fixed this go ‘round, Magnuson-Moss Act it will be.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums