2015/2016 Generation Genesis "Dislikes"

hguh9591

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Re: 2015 Genesis "Dislikes"

^ Actually, came across an interesting thread regarding auto plastics from people who are very knowledgeable about plastics and according to them, hard plastics are more expensive to do correctly than the soft touch (in part has to do w/ the molding process, in particular, creating the molds).

Also, the top of the dash is the part that gets hit w/ the sun the most and while plastics can be made w/ varying UV protection, generally hard plastics do better than the soft touch plastics.

So maybe it is the right move for Hyundai - if they don't want to get complaints about degrading plastics (apparently, a common complaint for BMW).
We will get a dash cover if we can find a good looking one. I always protect my car dashboards

daviderle

Registered Member
I HATE the head reast in the middle of the back seat. So annoying when using the rear view mirror.
I agree that when that head rest is in the up position it is rather annoying , but when I press the button on the side of the middle headrest in the back seat, it is almost flushed down and I can’t say I have ever noticed them when looking back in the rear view mirror, while they are in the down position, at any time in the last 10+ years, in either the G1 or G2 Gennys.🤔

tbently

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Houston, TX
I have had to change, twice right and left turning signals in the front. The left is easy but the right turning bulb you have to remove a covering. Left one the never charge me, right one $35 because of the time and labor. Apparently the 2015 Genesis is the only year that they use the same bulb for turning and daytime running lights!!

kocyk123

Registered Member
Streamwood, IL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
One thing I dislike in my Genesis is the startup rattle. I just had a guy from the building next door where I work at tell me that my car sounds weird when I start it and I should have it inspected. LOL it is funny how all Hyundai Technicians turn deaf when you have them inspect the noise and it takes multiple visits and videos to prove them the startup rattle is there. However, I am not concerned about it as long as my car is under warranty. Had the same problem with my Azera and got the engine replaced at 60k. Rattle came back at 72k and I sold the car.

Birdie48

Genesis Model Type
Im 6'8" tall and very limited when it comes to buying cars/trucks etc. The 2015 Genesis fits me well and I bought one second hand at a Hyundai dealership recently with 51K on it.
I have a 216KM commute every day and this is what I noticed:
- Lights on AUTO, when using the clicker the lights sometimes go OFF and then back to AUTO which means driving in the dark for a second or so. Dealership has ordered a part to take care of this and is under warranty​
- When driving slowly like leaving a parking lot the steering wheel has a quick knock when you steer left or right, which feels like there is no steering for a quick second. Dealership has ordered a part for this as well (under warranty)​
- At the moment its cold and wet weather and when I back up and brake the brakes are squealing like a pregnant pig, but new rotors and brake pads so its supposed to be normal.​
- Just updated to the newest software as the vehicle still had the original software installed. Lots of improvements including 3D maps, Apple Car Play and better layout of menus.​

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
- At the moment its cold and wet weather and when I back up and brake the brakes are squealing like a pregnant pig, but new rotors and brake pads so its supposed to be normal.​
Very common with any car with disc brakes. Some worse than others, but after a stop or two the rust is cleaned off and quiet again.

Glad you like the car and sounds like a decent dealer.

Fgpalmer71

Getting familiar with the group...
1 thing I've come to dislike about my 2016 3.8 AWD signature is the auto wipers. They are atrocious. My 2010 operated perfectly. The windshield borders on unsafe before they operate....no matter the setting. Going to have the dealership take a look. Anyone else noticed the same?

In-House Bob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1 thing I've come to dislike about my 2016 3.8 AWD signature is the auto wipers. They are atrocious. My 2010 operated perfectly. The windshield borders on unsafe before they operate....no matter the setting. Going to have the dealership take a look. Anyone else noticed the same?
Yup. There are some threads about this but no solutions. I agree. Terrible. It seems to not be every car as some folks claim no problems, but I'm with you. Same model and year.

Bud71

Hasn't posted much yet...
2015, 5.0:
Pro's: 1) decent acceleration; 2) good build quality
Con's: 1) Corners like a truck; 2) have lost lights on it twice ....once doing 70 in mountain roads, once on 30 MPH side streets. Both instances lasted about a minute; 3) hesitates at times on acceleration...for example making left while sitting in middle of intersection and sudden acceleration is needed.

Otherwise, some expected warranty work like the rails on the sunroof.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2015, 5.0:
Pro's: 1) decent acceleration; 2) good build quality
Con's: 1) Corners like a truck; 2) have lost lights on it twice ....once doing 70 in mountain roads, once on 30 MPH side streets. Both instances lasted about a minute; 3) hesitates at times on acceleration...for example making left while sitting in middle of intersection and sudden acceleration is needed.

Otherwise, some expected warranty work like the rails on the sunroof.
Installing high performance summer tires helps with the cornering issue. However, even summer tires will not have this large car handling like a mini cooper.:)

The stock all season tires are not the best for performance driving. Hell, to be honest no all season tire is really great for high performance driving compared to summer tires hence why all the great handling sport cars are equipped with summer tires.

genesis 3.8 base

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
hello guys, i need tour help. i purchased genesis 2015 years base in usa, and deliver in ukraine, and used it here. and my local deler cant upgrade my radio to last software, maby some one have this software or can help me with link to download it...

Attachments