• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

TUTORIAL: 2015 Genesis trunklid KDM "Wings" Emblem installation

StL_Jon

Hasn't posted much yet...
St. Louis, MO
Just got my rebadging done after picking up the car in Atlanta on Tuesday and driving her home. Thank you for the detailed instructions, it was quite easy other than the residue from the original badge. It took a ton of goof off and wd-40 to finally get down to clean paint.

Attachments

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Sal Collaziano

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That does look nice and clean. Hmmmm, maybe I'll consider it after the tint is installed on Thursday... although I'm thinking that I'll wait for the '17 G80 badge to replace that lower left "Genesis" badge.
Don't do that. Put a Toyota Corolla badge on it. :p :eek:

qz39j4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6799633/2015-2016%20Genesis%20Emblem%20Mounting%20Location.pdf

I know the hardest part of mounting this badge is getting it properly located. So here are some actual design based data to help you in precisely locating the badge relative to the original intended location in Korea Domestic version. This will allow the curvature of the badge to properly match the curvature of the trunk surface and therefore prevent dust and moisture to get trapped around the edges due to large gaps created by the mismatch. Please click on the PDF file link above to download the detailed info. I hope this is helpful

BostonMike

just replaced mine today. Wish I saw this pdf first!! I hadn't noticed the slight shaping of the badge until it was stuck on there. One of those things that only i will notice, but will make me a bit crazy.

jrhodes87

Registered Member
well fellas I couldn'twait any longer to do mine, no garage, no ext chord for hair dryer. I just went straight viking mode and did the whole thing in 10 degree weather without warming it up. Yes dumb, but with persistent OCD it turned out perfect

chris41

Registered Member
Cleveland
Chrysler No More!!

Congrats Jrhodes! After my 2 buddies asked me what kind of Chrysler I was driving, I just replaced my 2015 wing with the hood wing from a G1. I've always liked the G1 wing better anyways. I used the G1 hood wing because it's almost as big as the G2 trunk wing and best of all, it has a more V like vertical looking wing span vs the flatter look of the current. The hood wing fits perfectly too! The G1 trunk wing is rather small and the wing span is flatter than the hood wing.

I was lucky and had a 50+ degree day here in Cleveland. The glue residue from the G2 wing was massive and was a bit difficult to remove even with Goo Gone.

The former wing permanently stained the paint. I couldn't remove the stain with wax, alcohol, or even polishing compound. My paint is silver. Good thing the new wing covers this blemish. I won't be changing the front wing because of this issue.

Please pardon my dirty car....it's winter in Cleveland!

IMG_1586[1].jpg IMG_1588[1].jpg IMG_1590[2].jpg

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
TEXAS
Thanks for this pictorial. Probably wouldn't have attempted this without it.
Wings arrived yesterday ( fast-thanks Sal ).
The "H" came off pretty easy, but most of the adhesive stayed on the car.
Wasn't real hard to remove, but did make it take longer than the estimated 30 minutes.
Very happy with the results.

Don't judge me by my messy garage. Unloaded the camper, and haven't put it all away yet.

Tuckerdog1

Attachments

Hotboi

Getting familiar with the group...
GA
Hey all, I tried to read through much of the tread as possible but didn't see my answer so my question is. Can you put the 2017 wings on the 2015-2016 models? I think the 17's look way better.

bigpapainscotia

BIGPAPA
NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Re: TUTORIAL: 2015 Genesis trunklid KDM "Wings" Emblem installation

I just put these 2 way LED wings badge on my car . This is a different look but it looks great . will post a picture when I can. Works with the parking lights (glows white)and the brake lights(glows red ) . WOW. Now my car really stands out from the crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Here what it looks like on my car at night. WOW. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums