• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2015/2016 Generation Genesis "Dislikes"

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
We usually have a decent long spell of nice weather in the fall and spring and I really enjoy using the pano roof so to worry that it could freeze up at any time is frustrating. My last freeze up happened on a nice sunny day but weather the next day was to be rainy. It was 4pm on a weekday when it happened and by sheer luck one of the dealers in town said if I rush over he could try to fix. They lubed it up and it finally worked. But I don't like worrying about things like this happening again.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
We usually have a decent long spell of nice weather in the fall and spring and I really enjoy using the pano roof so to worry that it could freeze up at any time is frustrating. My last freeze up happened on a nice sunny day but weather the next day was to be rainy. It was 4pm on a weekday when it happened and by sheer luck one of the dealers in town said if I rush over he could try to fix. They lubed it up and it finally worked. But I don't like worrying about things like this happening again.
I usually try to open & close mine a couple of times a month just to keep the grease spread out on everything. Hot weather tends to make the lube a little watery and flow away from where it's supposed to be.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
I wanted the pano roof but not necessarily the sunroof. Rarely will I open one but I do like the big glass roof (as long as it stays in one piece). That said, the sunroof appears to work fine in my '15. If the sunroof opened up more I might use it but as it is now, when it's open I just don't get anything out of it since the opening just seems small. Maybe that's just because I'm used to a Jeep.

Whitey

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Genesis Model Type

LakeHarvester

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I read this yesterday afternoon and saw the comment about Auto Headlight Switching. It also happened to rain on my drive home. I can attest to this feature not being equipped or enabled in my 2015 3.8 Ultimate. I would like that feature very much as I do often forget to activate the headlights while driving in the rain! I set normally leave them set on Auto and assume they will come on when they should.

Regarding the sensitivity or usability of the auto wipers I believe this is relevant to many cars with this feature. A previous car I owned had rain sensing wipers that were completely unusable. They would sometimes not come on, but most of the time they would activate at full speed when only light mist would be present regardless of the sensitivity setting. I hated how poorly they functioned in that car. And not being able to override them with a manually inputted time delay wipe function was the worst part. The car you saw on the road with the wipers on low speed in very light rain was me! It was terribly annoying. My Genesis wipers have performed much better so far but I too have noticed some so far minor inconsistencies with the performance. For those dealing with poorly performing auto wipers I totally feel your pain! After my experience I will prefer the old school adjustable time delay controlled wipers. Our other vehicle's wipers operate this way and I have never once thought it was inconvenient or inferior when driving in the rain. Likewise I also have never thought how great it was to not have to extend my finger a few inches to activate a wiper switch when it starts raining.

Fgpalmer71

Getting familiar with the group...
I have the same issue with the wipers working intermittently while set to auto. My 2010 worked flawlessly. My 2016 is hit or miss and its irritating as heck. When I'm at the dealer next I'll have them check it out. They just straight fail to work at times. Like someone else mentioned, the windshield will at times be completely soaked and hard to see through and I'll need to activate them manually. Other times they're operating perfectly. I have a hard time believing the Zaino om the windshield is causing this, but I'll check it out.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

lenrobin

Genesis Model Type
Dislikes:
1: non stop creaking panoramic roof
2: cup holders. Cannot fit 2 small insulated cups. Only one. Holds cans crooked. Who designed this?
3: vibration at 26 to 29mph
4: recurrent musty smell from AC

Scottish Guy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Crieff, Scotland, UK
Genesis Model Type
A few things I've noticed in other, less luxurious cars that the Genny doesn't have [ maybe the G80 has them now].

1.No oil, transmission fluid, coolant temp readout, nor voltage readout.

2.The fuel tank " miles to go " number doesn't vary no matter if you are cruising at 60mph or accelerating up a mountain.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Dlangford220

Genesis Model Type
First off, I love the car and plan on buying one once it becomes more of a buyer's market. I could write more than most would want to read on what I liked. Having said that, there were a few small things that I thought could have been better.

1. Rear view visibility. The sight lines out the back were very limited.

2. Hood rigidity near the windshield. I drove a black 3.8 Tech AWD on a sunny day and the reflection off the flapping trailing edge of the hood got really annoying. I'm a tall guy (6'5") so maybe it is below the view of most drivers, but it was annoying to me. Afterward, I popped the hood to take a look. The reinforcing ribs on the inside of most hoods (that provide rigidity) were only present in the front corners. As a result, the rest of it is considerably floppy. I plan to test drive another color as I expect Black on a sunny day was the worst case scenario.

3. Throttle response*. The asterisk is because my drive was limited and I only squashed the gas a few times, but when I did, it seemed like there was a deliberate delay before the acceleration came on. The acceleration seemed fine, though. Maybe this is something that improves or goes away as the computer learns my driving style? Hope so...

4. Not so much a dislike as a concern. The under body panels are not made of typical plastic. Instead, they look like some sort of pressed non-woven material. I'm guessing it is for sound dampening and I'm sure it was tested, but the materials engineer in me isn't buying the long-term durability.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums